997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

997 TT beats GT-R at Ring. Nissan accused of cheating.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-15-2008, 10:01 AM
USCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to behold
Thanks, HC.

Old 10-15-2008, 10:04 AM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
So much for only two guys having the tranny issue. They were calling this guy a fraud because he wouldnt tell them which dealer his car was at.

http://www.nagtroc.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=25602

Bet Nissan is taking him seriously.

Old 10-15-2008, 11:35 AM
USCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by heavychevy
So much for only two guys having the tranny issue. They were calling this guy a fraud because he wouldnt tell them which dealer his car was at.

http://www.nagtroc.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=25602

Bet Nissan is taking him seriously.
I figured this would happen, but I did not think it would happen "Dat-sun".

Old 10-15-2008, 11:45 AM
stradaONE8 is a jewel in the roughstradaONE8 is a jewel in the roughstradaONE8 is a jewel in the rough
Wow @ that letter Eclou. That is a sheer mockery of customer service.
If this truly isn't an isolated incident, Nissan is digging themselves into a whole that they won't be able to get themselves out of for a long time.

Old 10-15-2008, 11:50 AM
eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !
tuners have been inspecting the trannies and finding unusual wear. They estimate the trannies may have just a 12 month lifespan
class action lawsuit starts
fail!

Last edited by eclou; 10-15-2008 at 11:53 AM.
Old 10-15-2008, 11:51 AM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
Wow...read the moderator's response...

"We have enough of these threads already going. Please discuss here:"

Can we do the same for all the GT-R threads?

Old 10-15-2008, 12:01 PM
eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by bbywu
Wow...read the moderator's response...

"We have enough of these threads already going. Please discuss here:"

Can we do the same for all the GT-R threads?
funny, since a few days ago the mod locked the thread to do damage control and instead 10 new threads popped up

Last edited by eclou; 10-15-2008 at 12:38 PM.
Old 10-15-2008, 12:55 PM
cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !
Wow what a spectacular failure. I guess this is what happens when you try to design a fast car on a budget.

In their haste to release the car and deceive the press and customers, it's obvious Nissan has foolishly and irresponsibly ignored the consequence of inadequate reliability testing.

I don't wish failure on any car company (or group of enthusiasts), and in fact am considering the G37 for one of my kids, but this company so deserves this spectacle.

Originally Posted by eclou
tuners have been inspecting the trannies and finding unusual wear. They estimate the trannies may have just a 12 month lifespan
class action lawsuit starts
fail!

Old 10-15-2008, 03:51 PM
ALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to behold
It is funny how the Die-hards only insists there is only (1) failure and the rumors are making it appear to be more than (1).. Ahem... I tried to tell them I know of 4 total so far and that is from online. Now actually (5) - just read the link just posted. 2 in GA, 2(FL) and 1(RUSSIA). Of course they were ALL ABUSED! according to the experts.

The board is only a small sampling of problems. The Japanese tuner did not make it better for them by releasing that info. They had another tuner early on remove the old suspension setup saying it was too harsh for the roads at any setting.

It is not a matter of be not liking this car(which I do - GAWDRILLA) but I do not like the tatics and marketing that was behind it all. And now obviously the lack of disclosure on this "SuperCar" puts the icing on the cake.

It is enough at this moment to scare me away from a pre-owned one as well as a new one.

P.S. To the GT-R fanboys that can't see beyond their own badges... Porsche PDK is being advertised with Sport-Plus Launch Control!!! Not hiding behind some non-existent stance of no such thing as LC... It is like the Loch_Ness...

Last edited by ALPINE_997; 10-15-2008 at 03:55 PM.
Old 10-15-2008, 05:50 PM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
I just want to know what they were thinking. We have seen this type of advertising fraud in a long time.

They specifically put something on the car just to get good magazine numbers, even the hardcore fanboy has to question what else they did to get mag numbers. It's obvious they've massaged the media as much as they can in many cases, but I bet it's deeper than that.

Old 10-15-2008, 06:01 PM
OldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond repute
You know other than participating in these threads in OUR forums I could give a Rats ****
about the GTR.
How much would of happened if Nissan had just kept their mouth shut and not picked the Porsche 911 Twin Turbo for its target car? Since they picked such a lofty target and failed dramatically the press has had a field day
AND how much of this is due to the GTR fanboise (half of who probably cant drive just WISH they had a GTR) going into Porsche forums and talking crap? Now they are getting ***** slapped in the press and all the forums (the ones who still come back -I notice there is only 1 fanboise per forum left).

If they had just left well enough alone we would probably all be pulling for Nissan to get their problems fixed instead of enjoying thoroughly the demise of the car.

Old 10-15-2008, 08:41 PM
Originally Posted by heavychevy
I just want to know what they were thinking. We have seen this type of advertising fraud in a long time.

They specifically put something on the car just to get good magazine numbers, even the hardcore fanboy has to question what else they did to get mag numbers. It's obvious they've massaged the media as much as they can in many cases, but I bet it's deeper than that.
There are a lot of magazines out there that either bought in to the hype about this car, or may have even knowingly contributed to it. I wonder if they will fess up and admit they jumped the gun or fell for the BS. I doubt they will, but those mags are looking pretty stupid right now, at least to me. Some are mags I subscribe to but will not renew now just because they were so obviously biased in the GTR's favor. There sure seem to be a lot of closet Porsche haters out there!

Old 10-15-2008, 09:04 PM
Originally Posted by OldGuy
You know other than participating in these threads in OUR forums I could give a Rats ****
about the GTR.
How much would of happened if Nissan had just kept their mouth shut and not picked the Porsche 911 Twin Turbo for its target car? Since they picked such a lofty target and failed dramatically the press has had a field day
AND how much of this is due to the GTR fanboise (half of who probably cant drive just WISH they had a GTR) going into Porsche forums and talking crap? Now they are getting ***** slapped in the press and all the forums (the ones who still come back -I notice there is only 1 fanboise per forum left).

If they had just left well enough alone we would probably all be pulling for Nissan to get their problems fixed instead of enjoying thoroughly the demise of the car.

You hit the nail on the head. I've hated the GT-R from the first day they had pics of it rolling around behind the TT. The scrub advertising methods, then all the speculation and made up ring times, testing methods. Then the british media with their garbage antics, and into the states where Nissan pulled strings to make sure their guys headed up many of the mag tests.

Not only that, but it's not a true car for an enthusiast. Call me old school, but I dont want a car that intervenes all the time with computers and such. And now you cant even turn off all the nannies or the warranty is void. Give me TC with an off button and ABS, that's all any real drivers car would need, PSM is even too much IMO.

They are now getting what they deserve while Porsche sits back and laughs while preparing to hit them right in the head. I'd bet money Porsche waits until the Vspec comes out and releases something faster than that but prior to that the TT is going to come out swinging and knock the GT-R out before Nissan can settle the class action suits.

Old 10-15-2008, 09:26 PM
What I'd like to know is how are they going to release the Vspec when the tranny they have now can't handle the power of the normal GTR?

Old 10-15-2008, 09:34 PM
Originally Posted by USCCayman
What I'd like to know is how are they going to release the Vspec when the tranny they have now can't handle the power of the normal GTR?

The base GT-R has gone up to, 76k and will be in the 80's next year. Originally the V-spec was supposed to be about 100k, but that's not going to happen. It will be well into the 100's.

Some of that money will certainly go into the tranny. All the car will be is less weight (3500 lbs) more power (I think about 20-30 or so, not the 70-100 people are claiming since Nissan OFFICIALS have said it wont have much more power if any). And a tweaked suspension with Ceramic Brakes. The rest will go into the tranny, Nissan has already taken a hit on the GT-R, they dont have much room to invest a lot into improving the DSG in the current car, it will have to wait.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 997 TT beats GT-R at Ring. Nissan accused of cheating.