997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

997 TT beats GT-R at Ring. Nissan accused of cheating.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-17-2008, 04:10 AM
eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !
GTR pwned by Cayman at Heartland track event

supposedly video is coming too.

Old 10-17-2008, 04:24 AM
GT RUS is just really niceGT RUS is just really niceGT RUS is just really niceGT RUS is just really niceGT RUS is just really nice
I think Porsche should invite Nissan driver and let him drive their stock GTR and see if he can even come close to those times...

Old 10-17-2008, 08:03 AM
flightposite is infamous around these partsflightposite is infamous around these parts
wow... sick

Old 10-17-2008, 10:08 AM
USCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to behold
I could be wrong, but I think this thread is slowing down, and I think it is doing so because those who defend the GTR are finding less and less to defend. And, those of us who called "foul" in reaction to the hype don't need to say much anymore because the GTR is self-destructing right in front of the car enthusiast world.

Old 10-17-2008, 11:43 AM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by GT RUS
I think Porsche should invite Nissan driver and let him drive their stock GTR and see if he can even come close to those times...

Now that is a great idea!

Old 10-17-2008, 11:54 AM
USCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by GT RUS
I doubt Michael Schumacher could come anywhere close to a 7:29 in the stock U.S. GTR.

Old 10-17-2008, 12:55 PM
jaeS4 is infamous around these parts
Site sponsor VividRacing just dynoed a GTR in a Mustangdyno, 435whp:

Here's the thread:
https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...tang-dyno.html

Old 10-17-2008, 01:08 PM
Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !
Maybe this is the reason why these cars are breaking....they have about 60 hp more than advertised, which is probably V-spec level, and they are not beefed up enough to take it, hence blown trannies. Makes perfect sense.

Old 10-17-2008, 01:22 PM
Banned
K-Man S is infamous around these parts
As an FYI, our topic on the CaymanClub.Net site does NOT say that the Cayman pwned the GTR, if you are going to read the topic, PLEASE read it in its entirety. There is a member here trying to stir up $*)(@#$ and there is no need for that. Here is the topic:
http://www.caymanclub.net/cayman-cha...yline-gtr.html

FWIW the owner of said GTR said that their dyno test showed 460hp at the wheels.

Old 10-17-2008, 01:40 PM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Prche951
Maybe this is the reason why these cars are breaking....they have about 60 hp more than advertised, which is probably V-spec level, and they are not beefed up enough to take it, hence blown trannies. Makes perfect sense.
Hmm...Somehow I doubt that a difference of only 60 HP is going to make or break a transmission...but hey, who knows what kind of parameters they set forth in designing the double clutch.

Old 10-17-2008, 01:44 PM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Prche951

There is no chance whatsoever the cars have that much hp. Even on a mustang, that's only 508 crank with Nissan's loss numbers.

The launches and poor built quality are killing the trannie's, not the hp.

What's funny is how all these GT-R's are supposed to be making all this power yet the fastest trap speed we've seen is 124 mph. I would think that with the 600+ hp people are claiming we'd see something faster.

Old 10-17-2008, 01:45 PM
What ever the real HP is, it's pretty obvious that they are massively under-rating. In regards to the tranny, there's no excuse for it to be braking so easily. Especially coming from a Nissan.

Old 10-17-2008, 01:48 PM
Originally Posted by heavychevy
There is no chance whatsoever the cars have that much hp. Even on a mustang, that's only 508 crank with Nissan's loss numbers.

The launches and poor built quality are killing the trannie's, not the hp.

What's funny is how all these GT-R's are supposed to be making all this power yet the fastest trap speed we've seen is 124 mph. I would think that with the 600+ hp people are claiming we'd see something faster.
Not according to VividRacing, i would think they'll have enough experience with this since they've done plenty of dyno testing and modds on Porsche's as well as other cars.

Old 10-17-2008, 01:50 PM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by jaeS4
What ever the real HP is, it's pretty obvious that they are massively under-rating. In regards to the tranny, there's no excuse for it to be braking so easily. Especially coming from a Nissan.
?!?

It's not like Nissan has been the leader of initial quality or dependability surveys...in fact, they are usually pretty average.

I think what we're seeing is what most people expected.

Old 10-17-2008, 01:58 PM
Originally Posted by bbywu
?!?

It's not like Nissan has been the leader of initial quality or dependability surveys...in fact, they are usually pretty average.

I think what we're seeing is what most people expected.
That's true, but it's not like Nissan is the worst in quality either with the exception of the GTR. They're usually in the top 5 with Consumers Report. My cousin has an Altima with over 200k with no problems at all, of course that doesn't prove anything.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 997 TT beats GT-R at Ring. Nissan accused of cheating.