997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

997 TT beats GT-R at Ring. Nissan accused of cheating.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-19-2008, 11:52 AM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by jaeS4
I have stated before that the GTR is really more of a track car despite the weight. I don't think it was ever intended to be a drag car. But those videos shows that it is capable of under 12 seconds. The under-rating hp and better tires is a better excuse than just the tires alone which what is Porsche is claiming.

How many times has it run under 12 seconds without launch control?????

Without launch control it's definitely no faster than an M6 or GT3.

So the ET on the 1/4 mile has nothing to do with the lap times because no one is doing a standing start. You want to be able to use "well it's underrated" as an excuse for Nissan running more power at the ring, but you cant say in one breath it wastes all the power with drivetrain loss so is still only as fast accelerating as a GT3, yet use the extra power as validation that the car could have kept up with the much faster cars.

You are trying to use different use of undderated to fit your arguement, and it still doesnt add up no matter how you slice it.

That is the bottom line.

Old 10-19-2008, 11:55 AM
USCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by TT Gasman
Hey p-boy when nissan/datsun wins Le Mans 16 times they can talk, until then f**k them and the horse they rode in on.
I'm interested in what you drive, as you are so anti-Porsche, can you please post a pic of your car?
Hey man, don't forget about Porsche's 20 overall victories at the 24 hours of Daytona and their 18 overall victories at Sebring. You are selling them short.

Old 10-19-2008, 03:23 PM
ALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to behold
They did win at the Japanese Drifting contest a few times....

I am just an antagonist at times..I like the GT-R just don't like the HYPE...

Old 10-19-2008, 05:48 PM
jaeS4 is infamous around these parts
Actually HC, the bottom line is the GTR is under-rated. There is no way the GTR with only 485hp @ 4000lbs will do 7:40 in the RING let alone 7:29. And again, everyone that have dynoed the GTR is saying that it's under-rated.

Old 10-19-2008, 05:58 PM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
Until drivetrain loss is determined to be other thanwhat nissan stated, that speculation in spite of paltry acceleration to back it up is just as foolish as your posts.

Old 10-19-2008, 06:05 PM
Originally Posted by heavychevy
Until drivetrain loss is determined to be other thanwhat nissan stated, that speculation in spite of paltry acceleration to back it up is just as foolish as your posts.
And you believed Nissan......................................hilari ous!

Old 10-19-2008, 06:19 PM
I have reason NOT to beleive Nissan's ring time. And I'm not the only one. Porsche, Horst van Suarma and the fast majority of people that arent Nissan fanboys dont beleive it.

YOU HAVE NO LEGIT REASON WHATSOEVER TO DOUBT NISSANS DRIVETRAIN LOSS!!!!!!

You dont have ANY acceleration figures that back your claim. And the Dyno's wont help you in that area champ.

So try again.

Old 10-19-2008, 06:42 PM
Originally Posted by heavychevy
I have reason NOT to beleive Nissan's ring time. And I'm not the only one. Porsche, Horst van Suarma and the fast majority of people that arent Nissan fanboys dont beleive it.

YOU HAVE NO LEGIT REASON WHATSOEVER TO DOUBT NISSANS DRIVETRAIN LOSS!!!!!!

You dont have ANY acceleration figures that back your claim. And the Dyno's wont help you in that area champ.

So try again.
How about this, RWD cars normally losses 12% to 15%, how in the hell would a AWD car could possibly lose less especially at only 10%. The dyno's are the only one that i would go by, who should i rather believe, you, are you joking. I think i'd rather go with what VividRacing is implying and others that have actually done the work and has experience with dynos thank you.

Old 10-19-2008, 07:00 PM
Originally Posted by jaeS4
How about this, RWD cars normally losses 12% to 15%, how in the hell would a AWD car could possibly lose less especially at only 10%. The dyno's are the only one that i would go by, who should i rather believe, you, are you joking. I think i'd rather go with what VividRacing is implying and others that have actually done the work and has experience with dynos thank you.

NORMALLY!!!!!!!

I've explained the same stuff to you over and over again, but you are just thickheaded.

The AWD Porsche Turbo only losses 15%

Traditonal AWD used to lose more power because the power went to all four wheels all the time. It was more like 4wd. Modern AWD (Porsche, Nissan) uses only small % of the power or none at all unless the rear wheels are slipping so there is no power being lost on the dyno, or in a straight line acceleration when traction is fine.

So it's likely that the GT-R is at the highest 12% because when on the dyno it is 98-100% RWD.

You are just being stubborn now. Vivid has only done a dyno test, they havent tested the drivetrain loss clown. And Nissan would be ridiculed for claiming a number that much lower than reality and that can easily be proven a lie. Ring times cannot.

You have nothing but a dyno sheet, no decent evidence to show different drivetrain loss, no trap speed, no acceleration figures or anything worth while to argue your point. Just desperate nonsense trying to save face.

You lose dude, get over it.

I give up, it's pointless to try and show you knowledgable information because all you can fall back on is a dyno sheet which proves NOTHING WITHOUT THE CORRESPONDING INFORMATION TO BACK IT UP.

Old 10-19-2008, 07:17 PM
Not only that, but there are lots of GT-R's trapping from 113-117. How in the hell is that underrated????

Only like 3-4 have managed a 120-121, and that's in the best conditions you can find. And some other GT-R's have trapped 117 in those same conditions.

What 540-570 hp 3800 lbs car do you know of that would trap 114 at sea level? That's just outright pathetic.

Based on the average for the GT-R which is 117-118 it makes no sense whatsoever that the cars are between 540 and 570 hp.

Like I said, you have nothing.

Old 10-19-2008, 07:27 PM
Actually HC, i have plenty. From numerous dyno test and also most people in the automotive world says that the GTR is under-rated.

Old 10-19-2008, 08:10 PM
Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !
The great thing about the gtr fanboy trolls like porsher boy is that they keep on bringing up this thread and if anyone bothers to read through it all they will see how much of a piece of **** the GTR actually is. So much so in fact that they stopped shipping them. Oops

Old 10-19-2008, 08:31 PM
Slowcart has a reputation beyond reputeSlowcart has a reputation beyond reputeSlowcart has a reputation beyond reputeSlowcart has a reputation beyond reputeSlowcart has a reputation beyond reputeSlowcart has a reputation beyond reputeSlowcart has a reputation beyond reputeSlowcart has a reputation beyond reputeSlowcart has a reputation beyond reputeSlowcart has a reputation beyond reputeSlowcart has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by K-Man S
As an FYI, our topic on the CaymanClub.Net site does NOT say that the Cayman pwned the GTR, if you are going to read the topic, PLEASE read it in its entirety. There is a member here trying to stir up $*)(@#$ and there is no need for that. Here is the topic:
http://www.caymanclub.net/cayman-cha...yline-gtr.html

FWIW the owner of said GTR said that their dyno test showed 460hp at the wheels.

Just a little more info see quote below from K-Man S it is from the thread he has linked to as a cheap hustle to get 6speeeders to come to his competing website.( see post #15 below as it appears from his post on his thread on his website)

"You oughta post a "Cayman Kills GTR" topic on 6speed and point them here... that ought to cause a stir er uh stir things up.... "<V</V<O</O

BTW I copied the post above including date & time so he wouldn't be so tempted to edit or delete it.

Well who is trying to stir thing up?

He has also posted a "Rant" over in the GTR section of 6 speed where he was FORCED to edit out BS because he was trashing a 6speed sponsor by name in a foolish atempt to chase down some one he only THINKS is a shill.

In his ego driven "RANT" he has no problem with the trashing of a respected sponsor. He is FORCED to edit and still does not admit he was WRONG or that his reckless actions should at least require him to apologize to the sponsor.

He claims in his "RANT" that he did not use the word "Kill".

WTF, in his quoted post above he uses "Kills" who does he think is going to believe anything he says if he can't keep his story straight for even one day.

The last time he was trolling at 6speed he was caught in a name calling contest and those bloated ego driven post were remove also by FORCE.

Seems strange he only has 3 post that remain here on 6speed and they all are related to shill hunting or name calling.

Keep it up K-Man S I will follow your posts just to see how STUPID some one has to act before he gets banned from 6speed.

Last edited by Slowcart; 10-20-2008 at 12:52 AM.
Old 10-19-2008, 09:44 PM
OldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond repute
Regardless of all the trouble with the GTR at least you know when you bring your $90k GTR in for service every month, you can go back to your exclusive neighborhood with the fine Nissan Sentra loaner. One guy was even luckier, his Nissan dealer was ALSO a Toyota dealer (how lucky can ONE guy get!!) so he got an even classier Camry!! The perks of getting a $90k Nissan just never stop.

Old 10-19-2008, 09:50 PM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by OldGuy
Regardless of all the trouble with the GTR at least you know when you bring your $90k GTR in for service every month, you can go back to your exclusive neighborhood with the fine Nissan Sentra loaner. One guy was even luckier, his Nissan dealer was ALSO a Toyota dealer (how lucky can ONE guy get!!) so he got an even classier Camry!! The perks of getting a $90k Nissan just never stop.
Just as an side note...the last time I had my 997TT serviced, I was offered a Cooper Mini.

...no joking.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 997 TT beats GT-R at Ring. Nissan accused of cheating.