997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

997 TT beats GT-R at Ring. Nissan accused of cheating.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-19-2008, 10:34 PM
eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by OldGuy
Regardless of all the trouble with the GTR at least you know when you bring your $90k GTR in for service every month, you can go back to your exclusive neighborhood with the fine Nissan Sentra loaner. One guy was even luckier, his Nissan dealer was ALSO a Toyota dealer (how lucky can ONE guy get!!) so he got an even classier Camry!! The perks of getting a $90k Nissan just never stop.
Even better is a Sentra with a check engine light on >>

One minor point to those of you who were for the GT-R being badged a Nissan: its problems like these is why I was disappointed this vehicle was not an Infiniti. My dealer is absolutely perfect and their service department is very polite and dropped what they were doing to work on my vehicle but I have been driving a base model Sentra with a check engine light all weekend. I hope this doesn't sound too snobby, but if I had an $79k BMW/Acura/Mercedes in for repair/service I would imagine they wouldn't be giving their customers base economy cars.

Old 10-20-2008, 12:46 AM
Slowcart has a reputation beyond reputeSlowcart has a reputation beyond reputeSlowcart has a reputation beyond reputeSlowcart has a reputation beyond reputeSlowcart has a reputation beyond reputeSlowcart has a reputation beyond reputeSlowcart has a reputation beyond reputeSlowcart has a reputation beyond reputeSlowcart has a reputation beyond reputeSlowcart has a reputation beyond reputeSlowcart has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by bbywu
Just as an side note...the last time I had my 997TT serviced, I was offered a Cooper Mini.

...no joking.

Was it at least the turbo S model and was that your only option and did you take it? I am sure it was not funny at the time but it sure is funny to read.

Old 10-20-2008, 02:46 AM
monaroCountry is infamous around these parts
When Porsche wins formula 1, then they can speak. That's if they do enter..

Just kidding. Seriously, i have nothing against Porsche. The 911 turbo was my favourite car, second was the R34 GTR. You see guys, Nissan had potential to create a car that was a world beater a long long ago. Back in 1989 when the R32 GTR came out - it destroyed the competitin (including Porsche). European manufacturers realised that they were behind so they stepped up their game and produce better and better cars.
Unfortunately for the Japanese manufacterers, their cars were restricted to only 280bhp due to a self imposed government rule. This meant that Japanese cars such as the R33, R34 GTR could not be any more powerful than 280bhp. This made Japanese cars fall behind to the European and America cars.
Oh yeah can you please show us examples of the category, drivers, cars involved etc?

I you cant then this is just another fanboi fantasy.

Old 10-20-2008, 06:31 AM
lintc0532 has a reputation beyond reputelintc0532 has a reputation beyond reputelintc0532 has a reputation beyond reputelintc0532 has a reputation beyond reputelintc0532 has a reputation beyond reputelintc0532 has a reputation beyond reputelintc0532 has a reputation beyond reputelintc0532 has a reputation beyond reputelintc0532 has a reputation beyond reputelintc0532 has a reputation beyond reputelintc0532 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by porsherboy
Think about it, it did the 0-400metres in 13sec flat back in 1989. Find me a porsche in the same category that is that fast.
Unfortunately not all people here from US.We just watch over the shore mate lol...

I owned a 90 R32 GTR 7 years ago and a 99 R34 GTR 5 years ago.All JDM imported.The R32 with HKS pod filter kit and nismo exhaust others stock I did 13.4 secs here in NZ.The R34 one with heavy mod list and over 500hp,but never had a chance to test it on DRAGWAY...but the R34 GTR with 500hp is very hard to handle for me...Its just too cheap.

Did you ever heard the 1988 PORSCHE 959 mate?Forget about the price it was a limited supercar!It will easily smoke the stock R32R33R34 GTR in any track or straight lane

Old 10-20-2008, 06:42 AM
Mizuno is a splendid one to beholdMizuno is a splendid one to beholdMizuno is a splendid one to beholdMizuno is a splendid one to beholdMizuno is a splendid one to beholdMizuno is a splendid one to beholdMizuno is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by porsherboy
If you are referring to the R32 GTR than do a search on the net dude, and you'll find all the proof you'll need. You guys in the US never got it so you didn't know what you missed out, but back in 1989 when it was released in Australia, it anilhilated the competition. Reviews after reviews after reviews - it was unmatched. On the circuit, it dominated touring car racing from Japan where it won every race to Australia where they had to change the rules in Australian touring car championships so that it couldn't compete.
Think about it, it did the 0-400metres in 13sec flat back in 1989. Find me a porsche in the same category that is that fast.

I'm no fanboy. I like every car regardless of the company that makes them. If Hyundai was to make a supercar that outperforms Porsche or Nissan, i would congratulate them. The more competion there is - the more better it is for us.

What annoys me though are fanbois running around spreading lies and hate. It just doesn't make sense.
BS!

You can't stand anyone talking trash about a boxy nissan with their bs times

Bowahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

You're here to talk trash and not to discuss, we've already seen through you you dumb little fool

R32 = high 13s ~ low 14s POS that wins in best motoring videos only

Keep your mouth shut or stop connecting those outdated johnsons pampers to the new R35 that can't stay in one piece on a straight line with vdc off

You're either a fanboy or a stupid boy that is about to blow up every time someone quotes you

Old 10-20-2008, 07:06 AM
ALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to behold
It was a gentlemans agreement and now you know why there were lies back then. They underrated and were underhanded with each other. Acura broke the agreement and that changed the playing field since. No matter how much HP is REALLY produced before 1990 it was advertised at 280hp. They have been playing the game and you can continue to read and spew out your crap. This thread isn't about hating on Nissan but more so of revealing inconsistencies in their stories. I have owned just as many Japanese products as Germans so there is not a FANBOI status with me. You call it a SUPERCAR but a SUPERCAR for a month or a car that cannot use its full potential is not a SUPERCAR it is SUPERHYPE.

You are not a fan of all cars you have clearly defined yourself with your crap. So just leave this thread until you own either one and then come back to fight its merits. Until then put down the magazines and pick up a clue.

You could have phrased your "Think about it statement" to reflect that you appreciate all cars but you didn't. You attacked the Porsche per the norm with you.

UnBiased/Car Fanatics comment would have been..

"In 1989 the 280hp(?) GTR R32 was recorded to have run 0-400m in 13sec flat. How many other cars have that kinda of time recorded?"

But you continue to push on Porsche. NO SH*T sherlock we are on a Porsche Board but you have other sections. Go play there.

Old 10-20-2008, 10:04 AM
yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !
lo0ol :P

Old 10-20-2008, 10:09 AM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
Who wants to take bets on 100 pages????

Old 10-20-2008, 10:14 AM
ALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to behold
me... Des you have put in at least 50 pages so far haha

We all need to meet up soon. Petite was too crazy.

Old 10-20-2008, 10:35 AM
USCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by ALPINE_997
me... Des you have put in at least 50 pages so far haha

We all need to meet up soon. Petite was too crazy.
Alpine, did you go to Petit LeMans?

Old 10-20-2008, 10:52 AM
Yes I did. Were you there?

Hennessy Porsche so graciously offered me two VIP tickets to the event. They had a great setup and the food was great. The beers wasn't bad either

Old 10-20-2008, 11:00 AM
chrisn is a name known to allchrisn is a name known to allchrisn is a name known to allchrisn is a name known to allchrisn is a name known to allchrisn is a name known to all
Don't forget about dual clutch

Guys: look beyond hp/weight. When looking at Ring times and 1/4 times/traps, don't forget about dual clutch.

Porsche themselves claim an 8 second advantage for PDK v. Manual around the ring (in 2009 911S): http://www.autoblog.com/2008/06/18/p...e-on-the-ring/

Not sure about 1/4 mile times, but I assume the 997.2 PDK is a couple if ticks faster and traps a bit faster versus 997.2 Stick.

Also remember that, for Turbo cars, the PDK/Dual Clutch gives the added benefit of allowing flat-foot full-boost shifting, so your overall power output over time is higher.

-Chris

Old 10-20-2008, 11:35 AM
USCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by ALPINE_997
Yes I did. Were you there?

Hennessy Porsche so graciously offered me two VIP tickets to the event. They had a great setup and the food was great. The beers wasn't bad either
No I didn't make it, but wanted to go. The last time I made it to Road Atlanta was 1972 to see the 917/30 race (I'm 54). It seemed like an amazing race, with the Spyders qualifying for the first three spots in LMP2 and then taking the first four spots in LMP2 at the finish---A great day for Porsche! With the Acuras self-destructing all over the place it was as if the gods were setting things straight after Porsche experienced some problems in the previous four races! I would have loved to have been there!

I purchased my Cayman S from Hennessy Porsche. Seems like a good group of folks.

Last edited by USCCayman; 10-20-2008 at 11:39 AM.
Old 10-20-2008, 11:43 AM
It's been too long then. Plan for Next Year! NOW!!

Yeah it was a great day. Would have loved to see them take overall but hey can't have it all

Hennessy guys are great. I have nothing but praise for them from Management, Sales, and Service. Richard Jennings was my sales guy.

Where is Florida do you live? I frequent Tampa, FL - Two brothers there.

Old 10-20-2008, 11:57 AM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Slowcart
Was it at least the turbo S model and was that your only option and did you take it? I am sure it was not funny at the time but it sure is funny to read.
Regular model, no other choices, with a big dealership sticker on the side door.

I declined, and had my friend pick me up in his F430.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 997 TT beats GT-R at Ring. Nissan accused of cheating.