997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

997 TT beats GT-R at Ring. Nissan accused of cheating.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-20-2008, 12:06 PM
USCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by ALPINE_997
It's been too long then. Plan for Next Year! NOW!!

Yeah it was a great day. Would have loved to see them take overall but hey can't have it all

Hennessy guys are great. I have nothing but praise for them from Management, Sales, and Service. Richard Jennings was my sales guy.

Where is Florida do you live? I frequent Tampa, FL - Two brothers there.
I live in Gainesville, Florida. Tampa is a very nice city. When I knew what options and color scheme I wanted, I went on the Internet and Hennessy had exactly what I wanted. That's why I ended up traveling about 350 miles to get the Cayman. It was a blast to pick it up and drive back home to Gainesville. This is the first 6 speed I have owned. Driving back from Atlanta, I wasn't thinking and drove about 200 miles in 5th gear before I remembered I had another gear to go! I felt silly to say the least.

Old 10-20-2008, 12:07 PM
MiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by ALPINE_997
Yes I did. Were you there?

Hennessy Porsche so graciously offered me two VIP tickets to the event. They had a great setup and the food was great. The beers wasn't bad either
I think I saw you.

Old 10-20-2008, 01:03 PM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by chrisn
Guys: look beyond hp/weight. When looking at Ring times and 1/4 times/traps, don't forget about dual clutch.

Porsche themselves claim an 8 second advantage for PDK v. Manual around the ring (in 2009 911S): http://www.autoblog.com/2008/06/18/p...e-on-the-ring/

Not sure about 1/4 mile times, but I assume the 997.2 PDK is a couple if ticks faster and traps a bit faster versus 997.2 Stick.

Also remember that, for Turbo cars, the PDK/Dual Clutch gives the added benefit of allowing flat-foot full-boost shifting, so your overall power output over time is higher.

-Chris
Doesnt say if the manual had "sport tires" which is more than likely sport cups. Doesnt say if the non PDK had sport tires on it, in fact, after reading several of the articles it seems the others didnt have the same tires.

This is a bit ambiguous though, the 08 manual ran 8:02 on PS2's, so there are quiet a few seconds in the tires, some in the hp bump, and some in the PDK.

But obviously Porsche wants to sell the PDK, so it will get the benefit of the doubt.

Old 10-20-2008, 02:37 PM
eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !
Nissan knew the trannies are bad and stopped production to fix things before EU launch

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Is7UQsaxLVU&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Is7UQsaxLVU&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

This GTR is HOT ^^^

Last edited by eclou; 10-20-2008 at 02:40 PM.
Old 10-20-2008, 03:36 PM
Banned
Trommel is infamous around these parts
Old 10-20-2008, 03:43 PM
Banned
K-Man S is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Slowcart
Just a little more info see quote below from K-Man S it is from the thread he has linked to as a cheap hustle to get 6speeeders to come to his competing website.( see post #15 below as it appears from his post on his thread on his website)

"You oughta post a "Cayman Kills GTR" topic on 6speed and point them here... that ought to cause a stir er uh stir things up.... "<V</V<O</O

BTW I copied the post above including date & time so he wouldn't be so tempted to edit or delete it.

Well who is trying to stir thing up?

He has also posted a "Rant" over in the GTR section of 6 speed where he was FORCED to edit out BS because he was trashing a 6speed sponsor by name in a foolish atempt to chase down some one he only THINKS is a shill.

In his ego driven "RANT" he has no problem with the trashing of a respected sponsor. He is FORCED to edit and still does not admit he was WRONG or that his reckless actions should at least require him to apologize to the sponsor.

He claims in his "RANT" that he did not use the word "Kill".

WTF, in his quoted post above he uses "Kills" who does he think is going to believe anything he says if he can't keep his story straight for even one day.

The last time he was trolling at 6speed he was caught in a name calling contest and those bloated ego driven post were remove also by FORCE.

Seems strange he only has 3 post that remain here on 6speed and they all are related to shill hunting or name calling.

Keep it up K-Man S I will follow your posts just to see how STUPID some one has to act before he gets banned from 6speed.
Um No, I suggest you get your fact straight elmo-boy. The topic you quoted is once again quoted out of context - I was joking with a fellow members that if he wanted to stir things up that he ought to post a topic like that, because that's what happens here at 6speed, you get people like you posting pure garbage.

Let's give the factual and accurate history shall we? My prior posting history on 6speed is thin because I don't have time to come post here, too busy with my sites. I don't post on barbie doll collector sites either, so sue me. Prior posts of mine that were deleted were with my OK after talking to a moderator here after we caught a member doing some things they shouldn't have been doing.

With respect to my post in your topic in the GTR section where you were trying to stir stuff up I used the term "Shill" which Greg at RSS didn't like because he felt it appeared that you were shilling for them with his blessing or approval and he has firmly stated that he does not support you or endorse you in any way and that he wishes you would stop your posts about his company and products because no one believes you and you are only bringing more harm than good to his company. After talking to him on the phone I agreed that someone might read my message that way that he was approving of you doing what you were doing in some way so I edited the post for clarity that while you were still doing the types of activities that got you banned on CaymanClub.Net that he did not approve of you doing so.

Your entire posting history under multiple accounts (also a violation btw) on our website has been well documented and preserved. Your ISP has received the requisite information about you and your activities as have other entities.

You can huff and puff here all you like, this isn't my site, but act out against our site and you can expect to get taken to the cleaners again and again.

It's a shame that someone like you has to tarnish the reputation of a company like RSS as well as outright attack other companies that aren't on your "favorites" list.

BTW, got a note from a moderator, they are watching you here now too...
Enjoy!

Old 10-20-2008, 04:35 PM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Trommel

Everyone has DSG problems, Audi, BMW, Porsche, Ferrari. Just look around. Ferrari even has spare gearbox parts yards that have popped up due to problems with the gearboxes.

And this is ONE PDK, but the guy wont have any problems getting it fixed. There is no waiver that makes using any part of the PDK unuseable, and certainly not something Porsche marketed. They will replace the whole gearbox if the slightest thing is wrong, like they have with several people motors. You cant compare the two.

So when Porsche has to:

-put a recall on pdk's within a couple months of release
-void warranties for using the PDK without the use of computers to control it
-keep from telling anyone what's wrong with said denied PDK repair

and

-admits to knowing the PDK wasnt up to par upon release

THEN................ AND ONLY THEN

You can come back and troll again.

Old 10-20-2008, 06:40 PM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by eclou
This GTR is HOT ^^^
I think I need marshmallows.

Old 10-20-2008, 06:49 PM
blackbeast99 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by heavychevy
Everyone has DSG problems, Audi, BMW, Porsche, Ferrari. Just look around. Ferrari even has spare gearbox parts yards that have popped up due to problems with the gearboxes.

And this is ONE PDK, but the guy wont have any problems getting it fixed. There is no waiver that makes using any part of the PDK unuseable, and certainly not something Porsche marketed. They will replace the whole gearbox if the slightest thing is wrong, like they have with several people motors. You cant compare the two.

So when Porsche has to:

-put a recall on pdk's within a couple months of release
-void warranties for using the PDK without the use of computers to control it
-keep from telling anyone what's wrong with said denied PDK repair

and

-admits to knowing the PDK wasnt up to par upon release

THEN................ AND ONLY THEN

You can come back and troll again.
Exactly, and that's the difference between the two. Not from personal experience, but from friends experiences, I've never seen Porsche not stand behind their product or any feature of it...even after heavy abuse at the track, drag strip, street, or what have you. Do you not pay money for the overall experience, quality, and performance of the vehicle?

Old 10-20-2008, 07:05 PM
MiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by blackbeast99
Do you not pay money for the overall experience, quality, and performance of the vehicle?
Not for tez Gtarz.

Old 10-20-2008, 08:49 PM
eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !
My dealer is absolutely perfect and their service department is very polite and dropped what they were doing to work on my vehicle but I have been driving a base model Sentra with a check engine light all weekend.

Enjoy your Sentra!

Old 10-20-2008, 08:52 PM
I'm still trying to figure out what a 'P car' is.

Old 10-20-2008, 09:03 PM
USCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by MiniDHinkle
I'm still trying to figure out what a 'P car' is.
Only the best sports car on the planet!

Old 10-20-2008, 09:06 PM
By the way, you can now add 3 ALMS P2 driver, manufacturer, and engine championships in a row to their resume. AS well as regaining the GT2 championship this year. Didn't see any Nissans in the series.

Old 10-20-2008, 09:21 PM
Originally Posted by USCCayman
By the way, you can now add 3 ALMS P2 driver, manufacturer, and engine championships in a row to their resume. AS well as regaining the GT2 championship this year. Didn't see any Nissans in the series.
They're concentrating on their drifting program. Factory driven...watch out Falken.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 997 TT beats GT-R at Ring. Nissan accused of cheating.