997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

997 TT beats GT-R at Ring. Nissan accused of cheating.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-21-2008, 01:07 PM
jaeS4 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by heavy
And contrary to your ignorance, many more people care about 0-60 and 1/4 mile than do about the road course. At least here in the states, because drag racing is #1 WAYYYYY cheaper #2 More readily available #3 Easier to get right #4 Less hazardous to the car.

Why do you think there are guys with 70+ launches on the cars and trannies breaking? Because the guy wanted people to see the car handle????
I'll have to agree with the 1/4 mile, because for one, it is easier and less hazardous like you've said and probably a lot more accesible than a track course. But at the same token, Porsche's are not meant for 1/4 mile racing, are they fast and quick, of course, but they're really meant for track courses. They are after all one of the best handling cars out there if you know what your doing. It's funny how in most BMW forums they argue how german cars are meant to be driven in road courses or races doesn't always happen on a straight road or how races are not always on a straightline, and then i see here in a Porsche forum someone actually defending or siding with 1/4 mile racing as opposed to the usual track course.

Old 10-21-2008, 02:38 PM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Trommel
I'd suggest that first-hand experience counts for infinitely more than your juvenile attention-seeking. How can you review a car without ever driving it?
Juvenile? Attention seeking? HAHAHAH. I've driven lambos, GT3,s Ferrari's and the like, and frankly unless you are on a track you cant really compare what would happen by driving on the street.

PERIOD. You keep making claims of what you've done, who some proof of it. I have 20+ members here who can vouch for me being at the track in multiple cars. What do you have that would convince us you arent blowing smoke???

Yes. I drove it as hard as my abilities allowed, and showed less respect to it than I would have done if it were my own car. "Drive it like you stole it" were the instructions.

Doesnt matter unless it was on the track, or a closed course of some sort, and comparing over various time periods is pretty useless as well.

You really are proving your ignorance. Wait, let me guess - you rate Motor Trend above evo magazine?
Motor Trend is just as bad trying to pass Steve Millen off as a non biased driver. But at least he wasnt drifting around the course to ensure the GT-R won.

I'd suggest that only a simpleton (or redneck - I appreciate there's some overlap) would buy a car with an extremely sophisticated chassis like a GT-R or GT3 and expect nothing more of it than to drag like something with a TH400, solid axle and big MTs. Why waste your money? Buy an old Nova and spend $10k on it if that's all you want. Beyond ridiculous.
I suggest only a big group of simpletons (Nissan) would advertise such a feat if the car wasnt meant for it. They started the fuss about it, what did you expect, people not to try it????

If you had a Veyron would you not try and launch it after seeing the vids of it go????

Maybe you are the simpleton.......

I'll let you keep digging.

Nothing to dig for, I have enough track experience to know when I'm seeing b.s. I have never said the GT-R wasnt fast. My only arguement has been biased and inconsistent testing measures.

Old 10-21-2008, 03:31 PM
chrisn is a name known to allchrisn is a name known to allchrisn is a name known to allchrisn is a name known to allchrisn is a name known to allchrisn is a name known to all
Originally Posted by heavychevy
And contrary to your ignorance, many more people care about 0-60 and 1/4 mile than do about the road course. At least here in the states, because drag racing is #1 WAYYYYY cheaper #2 More readily available #3 Easier to get right #4 Less hazardous to the car.
That may be true of all cars across all Americans, but certainly can't be true of TT owners or GT-R owners, can it? I'd be really really surprised.

-Chris

Old 10-21-2008, 03:35 PM
Banned
Trommel is infamous around these parts
Juvenile? Attention seeking? HAHAHAH. I've driven lambos, GT3,s Ferrari's and the like, and frankly unless you are on a track you cant really compare what would happen by driving on the street.

PERIOD. You keep making claims of what you've done, who some proof of it. I have 20+ members here who can vouch for me being at the track in multiple cars. What do you have that would convince us you arent blowing smoke???

Doesnt matter unless it was on the track, or a closed course of some sort, and comparing over various time periods is pretty useless as well.
You seem to be getting a bit defensive.

For the record, I've driven a GT-R on Silverstone National Circuit. I have no agenda, I don't favour one brand over another.

Motor Trend is just as bad trying to pass Steve Millen off as a non biased driver. But at least he wasnt drifting around the course to ensure the GT-R won.
Drifting? Were you there? What about Car magazine, Top Gear magazine, Autocar magazine - are they in on the scam too?

If you had a Veyron would you not try and launch it after seeing the vids of it go????

Maybe you are the simpleton.......
It would depend upon how rich and/or stupid I was I imagine.

I have nothing to dig for, I have enough track experience to know when I'm seeing b.s. I have never said the GT-R wasnt fast. My only arguement has been biased and inconsistent testing measures.
Biased and inconsistent? As has repeatedly been shown, the first independent tests in the UK were of privately-imported, privately-owned, unmodified cars. The results are what the results are. I'm not sure how you can consider them to be biased or inconsistent. Did Nissan find out about the tests and secretly tune the cars when the owners weren't looking? Did they bribe both the magazines and owners?

Old 10-21-2008, 03:40 PM
ALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to behold
Chris - here is an observation about HC's statement about 1/4 times, 0-60, etc.

You and a handful of people truely drive their cars on the track. With the standard horsepower you push 7/10's of the car but yet you get more HP to get better times. Would you get better times pushing 10/10ths of the car before the HP add on?

So from that statement about learning to drive 10/10th before you add more power then I would say what HC said is more true than not.

How many people upgrade the HP for track duty as opposed to 60-130 sprints, 0-60 bragging rights, 1/4 mile runs.

If you look at most of the poeple on here who upgrade the HP they always get a hey what did it do at the drags? What are your 1/4 miles times, what are your 60-130 times, etc.

So I think it is a solid general statement about most owners of High HP cars.

Car companies sell 0-60 times, 1/4 miles times, braking distance.

Last edited by ALPINE_997; 10-21-2008 at 03:46 PM.
Old 10-21-2008, 03:44 PM
eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !
I for one would like to welcome Z07 back.

Old 10-21-2008, 03:47 PM
ALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to behold
LoL..

Gene anything new to the 993?

Old 10-21-2008, 04:27 PM
Banned
Trommel is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by ALPINE_997
Would you get better times pushing 10/10ths of the car before the HP add on?
Absolutely, upgrade the driver before the car.

Old 10-21-2008, 04:31 PM
Banned
HUGH JASS has a spectacular aura aboutHUGH JASS has a spectacular aura about
I love both cars. Have always loved both cars. From 993tt and R32 Skyline to their current iterations. Two awesome interpretations of the same formula. What I find interesting is the time people take to read and write about this thread. Eerily similar to the stormfront forums. Why some users absolutely HATE the GTR and everything it represents but consider themselves car lovers. I'm trying to determine if they hate Nissan, the marketers or just anything or anyone from Japan.

Last edited by HUGH JASS; 10-21-2008 at 04:38 PM.
Old 10-21-2008, 05:32 PM
eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ALPINE_997
LoL..

Gene anything new to the 993?

see sigline

Old 10-21-2008, 08:06 PM
Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !
Trommel, thanks for calling Nissan a bunch of simpletons and rednecks, since it is they who are pushing the 0-60 and 1/4 mile times, with a launching system that breaks tranny's.

I agree that a great road car is not a 1/4 mile machine, however, most street duels are straight line events. Watch U-tube and see all the this VS that videos. They are all straight line and that seems to be all that people care for. Truth is that a road machine is more than just that and we all know it here. Otherwise we'd all own evoIX's. Which brings me to my next point, if I am going to buy a Nissan, mitsu/ subaru car, then I will buy an Sti or a EvoIX and with another $15k, I will run circles around the GTR and still be cheaper.

Old 10-21-2008, 08:08 PM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/...est/index.html

ZR-1 trapping 130 mph and pulling 1.1 G on PS2's with RWD.

And the GT-R is just as fast accelerating OR over a lap? BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Old 10-21-2008, 08:19 PM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/...est/index.html

ZR-1 trapping 130 mph and pulling 1.1 G on PS2's with RWD.

And the GT-R is just as fast accelerating OR over a lap? BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
Does that suprise you HC? The GT-R can take down a Zonda, SLRs, and the like! In fact, I think there is a youtube video showing it taking down a Veyron! The car can take down EVERYTHING...and just wait until the V-Spec.

Old 10-21-2008, 08:21 PM

Last edited by heavychevy; 10-21-2008 at 08:24 PM.
Old 10-21-2008, 09:00 PM
dblock06 is infamous around these parts

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 997 TT beats GT-R at Ring. Nissan accused of cheating.