997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

997 TT beats GT-R at Ring. Nissan accused of cheating.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-21-2008, 09:09 PM
Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by dblock06
The difference is that porsche is willing to take care of it's customer, unlike, the worthless NISSAN GROUP. NISSAN DOES NOT COVER the TRANNY PROBLEMMMMMMM

MiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant future
Dez, why weren't you a lawyer.

MiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by porsherboy
These guys are Porsche's unofficial cheer squad. All work is voluntary and any donations will go to the three stooges foundation..

Me (Left) Alpine_997 (Middle) Heavychevy (Right)

Old 10-21-2008, 10:46 PM
chrisn is a name known to allchrisn is a name known to allchrisn is a name known to allchrisn is a name known to allchrisn is a name known to allchrisn is a name known to all
Originally Posted by ALPINE_997
Chris - here is an observation about HC's statement about 1/4 times, 0-60, etc.

You and a handful of people truely drive their cars on the track. With the standard horsepower you push 7/10's of the car but yet you get more HP to get better times. Would you get better times pushing 10/10ths of the car before the HP add on?

So from that statement about learning to drive 10/10th before you add more power then I would say what HC said is more true than not.

Car companies sell 0-60 times, 1/4 miles times, braking distance.
Agree with that I guess. Bragging rights are fun, but at the track no one cares what your 0-60 time is (although they do care about whether you pull them on the straights).

My point was that I assume many GT-R buyers want the "full package" not just 0-60 times. I think LC is a fun (albeit perhaps costly!) toy, but I would be happy without it. I think any repeated clutch-drop launch procedure (whether human or computer controlled) is gonna be rough on the car...

To me the "big story" of the GT-R is the engine, turbo controller, dual clutch, the AWD and the VDC systems--- not LC.

-Chris

Old 10-22-2008, 02:40 AM
Banned
Trommel is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by heavychevy
ZR-1 trapping 130 mph and pulling 1.1 G on PS2's with RWD.

And the GT-R is just as fast accelerating OR over a lap? BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
Despite the cheesy detailing, the ZR1 is an awesome car and the lap times show it's very quick.

However, big power alone doesn't equal fast lap times - a highly-experienced track warrior like yourself should surely know that.

Old 10-22-2008, 02:42 AM
Banned
Trommel is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by chrisn
Agree with that I guess. Bragging rights are fun, but at the track no one cares what your 0-60 time is (although they do care about whether you pull them on the straights).

My point was that I assume many GT-R buyers want the "full package" not just 0-60 times. I think LC is a fun (albeit perhaps costly!) toy, but I would be happy without it. I think any repeated clutch-drop launch procedure (whether human or computer controlled) is gonna be rough on the car...

To me the "big story" of the GT-R is the engine, turbo controller, dual clutch, the AWD and the VDC systems--- not LC.

-Chris
I fully agree.

Old 10-22-2008, 06:42 AM
Mizuno is a splendid one to beholdMizuno is a splendid one to beholdMizuno is a splendid one to beholdMizuno is a splendid one to beholdMizuno is a splendid one to beholdMizuno is a splendid one to beholdMizuno is a splendid one to behold
Why the hell is that PDK problem only posted on pistonheads and can't be found on 1 single porsche forum ?

Anyway I thought I'd let a GTR owner spit it out

http://www.nagtroc.org/forums/index....1&#entry359321

Old 10-22-2008, 06:46 AM
Mizuno is a splendid one to beholdMizuno is a splendid one to beholdMizuno is a splendid one to beholdMizuno is a splendid one to beholdMizuno is a splendid one to beholdMizuno is a splendid one to beholdMizuno is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by porsherboy
I would have to disagree with you on this one. HC is no comedian - he's the serious one so he'll have to be (middle). The two clowns left and right would be Alpine997 and Mizuno.
How sad, I've been causing too much nerve damage for our youngest fanboy

You gotta respect me boy, I got alotZ of GTR'Z

Old 10-22-2008, 07:51 AM
Originally Posted by Mizuno
How sad, I've been causing too much nerve damage for our youngest fanboy

You gotta respect me boy, I got alotZ of GTR'Z
Why el ohz elz itz teh fastest car in teh worldz. GTaRz.

Old 10-22-2008, 09:16 AM
Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !
Heavy Chevy check this vid out

This explains it all. This is a 996 GT3 camera car following a GTR all out. They claim it is a race, I believe the GT3 was just being used to show the greatness of the GTR, what it does show is how fat the GTR is. The fact that it cannot pull away from a 385 hp old GT3 is funny and says it all. But yet this great car can smoke CGT's and Zonda's..lol

Look at how the massive weight of the car makes it wiggle and nearly loose it in the corners. lol

[media]http://videos.streetfire.net/video/Porsche-996-GT3-RS-vs-GTR_193532.htm[/media]

Old 10-22-2008, 11:08 AM
chrisn is a name known to allchrisn is a name known to allchrisn is a name known to allchrisn is a name known to allchrisn is a name known to allchrisn is a name known to all
Originally Posted by Prche951
This explains it all. This is a 996 GT3 camera car following a GTR all out. They claim it is a race, I believe the GT3 was just being used to show the greatness of the GTR, what it does show is how fat the GTR is. The fact that it cannot pull away from a 385 hp old GT3 is funny and says it all. But yet this great car can smoke CGT's and Zonda's..lol

Look at how the massive weight of the car makes it wiggle and nearly loose it in the corners. lol

[media]http://videos.streetfire.net/video/Porsche-996-GT3-RS-vs-GTR_193532.htm[/media]

I have run against a few 997 GT3s in my GT-R-- some were slower, some faster around the track, but I pulled on all of them on the straights. I think the video shows better entry/exit speeds in the GT3, which givens the IMPRESSION of more acceleration on the straights. Track guys will know what I mean.

Actually, I think the only 997 GT3 to pass me was a guy on Hoosiers. Doesn't mean GT-R > 997GT3---- this is just my experience.

Old 10-22-2008, 11:54 AM
Banned
HUGH JASS has a spectacular aura aboutHUGH JASS has a spectacular aura about
Gonna add more fuel to the fire. GTR wins AutoExpress' Performance Car of the Year. GT2 though faster by a good margin, comes in 10th (wet track didn't help).

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/carrevi...ance_car_2008/

Last edited by HUGH JASS; 10-22-2008 at 12:00 PM.
Old 10-22-2008, 12:22 PM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
The GT2 had the fastest lap time and got tenth? Must have been the price.......

But the Z06 is the cheapest of the fast cars and got 17th? Even with them having troubles with the left hand drive??

Last edited by heavychevy; 10-22-2008 at 12:35 PM.
Old 10-22-2008, 12:26 PM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Trommel
Despite the cheesy detailing, the ZR1 is an awesome car and the lap times show it's very quick.

However, big power alone doesn't equal fast lap times - a highly-experienced track warrior like yourself should surely know that.

THE POINT is that the ZR-1 can handle better than the GT-R, and at the very least just as well. So the acceleration would make that much bigger of a gap.

Old 10-22-2008, 12:57 PM
USCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to behold
Well, that proves it. The Cayman needs the GT3 motor and it would be the best sports car in th world. Then again, the Mini took third?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 997 TT beats GT-R at Ring. Nissan accused of cheating.