997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

997 TT beats GT-R at Ring. Nissan accused of cheating.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-23-2008, 06:32 PM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
I wonder how many crashed GT-R's we'll see:

http://www.autoblog.com/2008/10/23/n...e-nurburgring/

Old 10-23-2008, 06:51 PM
Vladcanada is a glorious beacon of lightVladcanada is a glorious beacon of lightVladcanada is a glorious beacon of lightVladcanada is a glorious beacon of lightVladcanada is a glorious beacon of light
i think i found a video of heavycheavy!

http://www.break.com/index/moron-fai...at-thrust.html

Old 10-23-2008, 08:05 PM
blackbeast99 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Vladcanada
i think i found a video of heavycheavy!

http://www.break.com/index/moron-fai...at-thrust.html
I'd be careful about assumptions...especially about people you've never seen in person or know what their background is...if you only knew.

Old 10-23-2008, 08:06 PM
blackbeast99 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by MiniDHinkle
MiniDHinkle is 14 ...oh snapz.
Nah, you could pass for 16

Old 10-23-2008, 08:29 PM
rjh58 is infamous around these parts
crazy porschw iwll always b better

Old 10-23-2008, 10:30 PM
swamp2 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by porsherboy
The majority of these guys who bag or doubt the capabilities of the GTR HAS NEVER DRIVEN ONE BEFORE. So it's pointless to argue with them. It's like argueing with a pimple faced, testosterone filled virgin what sex feels like. He may of read about it, heard his friends talk about it, experimented with some toys, but if he aint done it - he aint got a clue what it feels like
How can you judge something based on theory? To make things worst, how can you judge something based on YOUR OWN THEORY'S AND IDEOLOGY while ignoring all the hard facts which states otherwise in front of you? That way of thinking is just bigoted.
Wow you really do a good job of digging your own grave. Let me provide you with a few counter examples that prove how absurd your points are.

1. Do you think the engineers that design the space shuttle get to pilot it?
2. Do the engineers who design F1 cars get to drive them?
3. Do the engineers who design nuclear submarines get to captain them?
4. Do the physicists who make accurate predictions about galaxies far away ever visit them?

The list goes on ad infinitum...

I love the argument of the appeal to direct experience. The fact of the matter is that you can say many things about a car without driving one. This my boy is the cold hard facts. Science > direct experience for many many things.

Old 10-23-2008, 11:19 PM
///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold
Old 10-24-2008, 02:36 AM
Banned
Trommel is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by swamp2
Wow you really do a good job of digging your own grave. Let me provide you with a few counter examples that prove how absurd your points are.

1. Do you think the engineers that design the space shuttle get to pilot it?
2. Do the engineers who design F1 cars get to drive them?
3. Do the engineers who design nuclear submarines get to captain them?
4. Do the physicists who make accurate predictions about galaxies far away ever visit them?

The list goes on ad infinitum...

I love the argument of the appeal to direct experience. The fact of the matter is that you can say many things about a car without driving one. This my boy is the cold hard facts. Science > direct experience for many many things.
A very flawed point of view - feel, feedback and interaction are essential parts of what makes a car good to drive - it's not just the numbers (although you'd apparently never know it if you lived in the US, where performance figures are clearly everything).

Old 10-24-2008, 02:50 AM
Banned
Trommel is infamous around these parts
I wonder how many SMGs have gone pop? I wonder why E60 M5 drivers are terrified of hearing gearbox noises? Why don't US-market Ferraris have launch control? Why did BMW water-down the E46 launch control for the States?

As for warranties, have a look at Ferrari's response when launch control was used (from the gtr.co.uk forum):

Originally Posted by TomTomGTA
"Well obzi, that's exactly what happenend to my father's F430, I was driving round Spa for 45 min. and suddenly 1st gear only, then bang, and lots of bits and pieces on the track. I had used launch control twice that day (afterwards we were told, "LC once = NO warranty on everything drivetrain, except engine, not that it's written anywhere...) ...

And I paid for a new gearbox (I still do actually)"
The only known facts (which have been spun out of control by a couple of people on the internet who have a weird agenda with the car) are that a handful of abused cars have had transmission problems.

Launch any powerful AWD car hard and you risk breaking things - the unbreakable car hasn't yet been built.

Old 10-24-2008, 06:53 AM
Harold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud of
Bump. Oh hang on this thread didn't need a bump.

Old 10-24-2008, 08:03 AM
Banned
HUGH JASS has a spectacular aura aboutHUGH JASS has a spectacular aura about
More fuel for the fire. Car Magazine Car of the year 2008. Le Mans Aston Driver doing the driving. This time GT2 slower than GTR but again it was wet. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ytGT47mDk9s

Off topic but seems this is the only GTR bashing thread left on the web

Last edited by HUGH JASS; 10-24-2008 at 08:17 AM.
Old 10-24-2008, 08:26 AM
Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !

wow, another black mark on the already too many. This car needs to be returned and they need to just start over. I would be so pissed if I was an owner...

http://forums.nicoclub.com/zerothrea...-about-the-gtr

One of my techs just got back from a special Nissan training GTR deal. Here are some interesting Facts.
-Can only launch the car 15 times before the transmission gives out. The most Nissan has got was 34 launches.
-The fluid lists at 80 dollars a quart. It costs dealerships 49.99 a quart. The car takes 10 quarts.
-The warranty depends on the driving, there is a black box in it just like an airplane.
-Customers have to sign a waiver stating they will not complain about brake or transmission noise.
-The brakes MUST be replaced at the same time, cost for replacing 6500.
-If something goes wrong other than an oil change at the dealership, a special team needs to be called and your outta a car for a while.

So yea. Sounds promising. Sounds fast, for a couple of months.

Old 10-24-2008, 09:47 AM
///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Trommel
I wonder how many SMGs have gone pop? I wonder why E60 M5 drivers are terrified of hearing gearbox noises? Why don't US-market Ferraris have launch control? Why did BMW water-down the E46 launch control for the States?

As for warranties, have a look at Ferrari's response when launch control was used (from the gtr.co.uk forum):

But BMW is willing to fix their problems, SMGs, etc. Nissan is having their customers sign a waiver so that they don't get blamed for their own problem.

Old 10-24-2008, 09:49 AM
ALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Trommel

The only known facts (which have been spun out of control by a couple of people on the internet who have a weird agenda with the car) are that a handful of abused cars have had transmission problems.

Launch any powerful AWD car hard and you risk breaking things - the unbreakable car hasn't yet been built.
I will give you reason why they watered down the SMG and LC's for the states because they were smarter than Nissan! PERIOD! Don't dangle a carrot in front of a HUNGRY HORSE and expect it to stand there. Nissan has HYPED the RING TIMES, 0-60 times, Faster than everything ever made and then tells the market TOO BAD you can't use it but we did!!

Do some of your research for the SMGII in the BMW before you speak. You do not have enough hard facts on that matter to speak on I am sure on that. Don't go trolling on the boards. Give me real facts of my many trannys have failed in the US. I am not talking about clutches or pumps. Nissan had to RECALL all of them on the first batch in Japan. Funny all that testing and you can't get the tranny right.

All things mechanical will fail no question. But when it does is when your experience with the brand keeps you or have you packing for another brand.

BMW SMGII has stood behind their products failing. Porsche stood behind theirs. I have yet to see a NISSAN stand behind theirs.

I do remember a warped rotor problem with the Titans/Armadas because the GREAT ENGINEERs decided to use smaller rotors/brakes from their SMALLER Truck lines to put on a MASSIVE Truck/Suv like the Titans/Armadas. They denied fault for a while and were then were backed up for months after having to give in to the public. I should know - I had one for 4 months before getting rid of it. WARPED ROTORS took 3 months to get and they tried to say it was me for 2.5 of those months. What a JOKE!

Motto for most REAL SPORTS CAR companies. OVER ENGINEER AND DON"T UNDER ESTIMATE THE CONSUMER.

I have owned 3 SMGII BMW's and I didn't have a problem with anything on them. Lucky me but I also knew that BMW would stand behind me and they have.

Last edited by ALPINE_997; 10-24-2008 at 09:51 AM.
Old 10-24-2008, 09:51 AM
MiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant future
Guys, Just took my mom's QX56 around the ring'. It beat teh 997 Turbos.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 997 TT beats GT-R at Ring. Nissan accused of cheating.