997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

997 TT beats GT-R at Ring. Nissan accused of cheating.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-26-2008, 09:42 PM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by porsherboy
Look here old dude, you are just like the rest of the P-car fanbois - always looking for excuses, "what if this happen", "what if that happen"
So the 911 pdk beats the GTR in a drag race, but gets slaughtered by over 4 secs on the track. Proves how much more superior the GTR is in terms of balance, control, drivetrain, and usage of power and grip than the 911 hey? And i thought Porsches are more track oriented cars than drag cars?
Also, the fact is that the new TT with pdk has not come out yet so you can't assume that it'll beat a GTR by 10 secs.

Furthermore, the GTR kicks the living daylights out of the GT2 around tracks, despite having a lot less hp and weighing 300kg more! So go and choke on that. Now don't get too upset, don't want your blood pressure to rise too much do we now?
Hey, did i mention that in Australia the GTR is $152K, while the GT2 is $440K?.......cough cough, i think i'm starting to choke myself....

This is definitely Z07.

Calling Scott, please ban.

P.S. Seems that the RWD PDK 911 beating the GT-R in a drag race really got under your skin to the point where you exposed yourself. Good bye.

Last edited by heavychevy; 10-26-2008 at 09:45 PM.
Old 10-26-2008, 09:52 PM
Monaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond repute
Porsherboy, you are outnumbered here bud. You don't come to a Porsche forum and rag on its members. Have some decency.

Old 10-26-2008, 10:02 PM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
How desperate is a person to try and pretend he's from a competely different country to try and stick around a place he's been banned from several times already????

My goodness boy, give it up already.

Old 10-26-2008, 10:28 PM
OldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond repute
Just so you know Poserboi since you cant say anything of value and just posting smily faces-I am just skipping over your posts. Seems like your not going to be around much longer anyway. I put you on ignore but that seems to be a waste of effort given your expiration date.

Chrisn I WAS not making fun of you. Did you not see my point of me getting passed by a Honda 2000S on my first track day in a 2004 GT3? What I am thinking is you are not driving your 997 TT at the limits or as close to the limits as you are your GT-R. And to be honest 610 hp is intimidating I dont blame you. BUT dont say your GT-R is faster than your 610hp 997TT because of your lap times.
Here is another point. I just got a AMG C63 with 457 hp. Its much easier to drive fast than a 911. If I had this car when I got my first GT3 my lap times would have been much faster in the AMG than the GT3. The 911 is harder to drive faster especially a 610 monster. Unless you have owned many 911s in the past I dont see how you could drive your TT as well as the Nannied GT-R

Old 10-26-2008, 11:40 PM
Vladcanada is a glorious beacon of lightVladcanada is a glorious beacon of lightVladcanada is a glorious beacon of lightVladcanada is a glorious beacon of lightVladcanada is a glorious beacon of light
Old 10-27-2008, 04:29 AM
Banned
Trommel is infamous around these parts
I'm not sure what the YouTube videos are supposed to prove - a stock 997 Turbo apparently accelerates a bit more quickly in a straight line than a stock GT-R at higher speeds, that was noted in the very first reviews.

The Drivers Republic PDK Carrera vs GT-R acceleration run is an anomaly - for whatever reason, the GT-R didn't do as well as it should. Have a look at a group of performance figures for any car - there's usually a couple which are higher or lower than would be expected. Perhaps if they had been able to spend longer testing and filming, a more representative figure would have been achieved, perhaps not. It doesn't change in any way how good the chassis and drivetrain are - which is why the Carrera, R8 and Vantage were slower around the track.

Even when you are presented with data and first-hand experience from an owner of both cars (who is clearly a car enthusiast, and not just a perceived-status enthusiast), you still can't accept how the car can threaten the status quo.

To all the doubters (again) - drive the car, then form an opinion. Until then your arguments are as pointless as arguing which football team is the best - it's just tribalism.

Old 10-27-2008, 07:21 AM
chrisn is a name known to allchrisn is a name known to allchrisn is a name known to allchrisn is a name known to allchrisn is a name known to allchrisn is a name known to all
Originally Posted by heavychevy
Chris: this is the theory I'm talking about. And your data with F1 crazy driver does not support this theory at all if you were in fact WOT in the GT-R.

But your latest graph shows the exact opposite, the 997 TT running away from the GT-R on the straights. So which one is it?

And if I'm not mistaken you were faster in the TT even while ******* it through a certain part of the track.
The latest graph is in current car 997TT EVT-700 on 100 Octane. I think I was clear about that.

The fastest lap I have data on is my 2:05 in GT-R, but while in my 997TT, I was keeping in his modded 993TT-- and his GPS clocks him at 2:03-ish. So I am claiming 2:04 as best time on 997TT--- but I don't have the data.

The advantage of dual clutch is plain as day. Perhaps tonight I wil finish my Excel work and quantify it for you.

The graphs were meant to illustrate the dual clutch, not speed. My
"As fast as 600HP TT down the straight" claim is not really the ultimate claim, it's an aside--- all I need to prove is that the GT-R is faster than a STOCK TT and that the GT-R is capable of surprisingly fast Ring times.

-Chris

Old 10-27-2008, 07:25 AM
chrisn is a name known to allchrisn is a name known to allchrisn is a name known to allchrisn is a name known to allchrisn is a name known to allchrisn is a name known to all
Originally Posted by heavychevy
The only thing I'm trying to prove now is that Chris's postings on his GT-R vs his modded turbo are far from accurate. And he provided the proof for me. He completely dogged one part of the track and still went faster in the 997 TT.

Yet he didnt mention that in his post. I thought the opinion was supposed to be unbiased. And he was trying to PROVE that the GT-R could run with 600 hp cars and did just the opposite.

Just trying to seperate fact from fiction here and show the people here that just because a guy owns both doesnt make him neutral.
Dude, that latest graph was of my car with >700HP on 100 Octane-- As I think I clearly indicated. BTW, in the lap from the chart the GT-R is FASTER (by about 3 seconds) than the 700HP 997TT so I don't know where you are getting the "faster" conclusion from-- other than speed down the straight.

I subsequently more than closed the gap and was faster in TT, but I don't have the GPS data from that session.

Old 10-27-2008, 07:32 AM
Originally Posted by OldGuy
What I am thinking is you are not driving your 997 TT at the limits or as close to the limits as you are your GT-R. And to be honest 610 hp is intimidating I dont blame you. BUT dont say your GT-R is faster than your 610hp 997TT because of your lap times.

Unless you have owned many 911s in the past I dont see how you could drive your TT as well as the Nannied GT-R
I agree with all of that. For ME, I am faster now in GT-R than I was in 610HP TT. I am now faster in my 700+ HP TT than GT-R, but also don't have much seat time at all in the GT-R. I'm sure some/much/virtually all (pick one) of the improvement is due to extra practice and not ability to buy more bolt-on goodies.

Recently, I have been focused on dual clutch advantages which helps explain unnatural speed of GT-R.

Since the stock TT is so closely matched to the stock GT-R (with the GT-R always coming out on top), I suspect that a skilled drive with a 600HP TT would be a better match-- and might even win. Who knows. Of course, all cars can be modded (and cheaply for the GT-R).

Old 10-27-2008, 07:39 AM
One more thing. Just for fun, and to show how easy the GT-R is to drive out-of-the-box, I repost a compilation of passes from my first trackday in the car. I ran with the Advanced group (obviously still a mix of drivers/cars in there). Only one car passed me (I include in the video):

http://homepage.mac.com/cnicholson1/...es_Montage.mov

Here's a lap with in-car audio and data:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VlHYWaGA3lk

Proves nothing. Don't click if you don't care.

Old 10-27-2008, 11:33 AM
stradaONE8 is a jewel in the roughstradaONE8 is a jewel in the roughstradaONE8 is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by Trommel
Even when you are presented with data and first-hand experience from an owner of both cars (who is clearly a car enthusiast, and not just a perceived-status enthusiast), you still can't accept how the car can threaten the status quo.

To all the doubters (again) - drive the car, then form an opinion. Until then your arguments are as pointless as arguing which football team is the best - it's just tribalism.
That's just it. It's an 80 page thread now that rehashes the same old crap as it did on page one. No one is convinced on either front, and the ONLY member posting REAL world and SELF obtained data is harassed as being a "poor driver" or "invalid".

95% of members here that are pro-TT haven't so much as held the keys to a GTR, but are supremely confident in discounting anything it can do. Then when a pro-GTR member comes on, they whine about "No seat time" or "youtube/PS3/etc etc racer." Called it out on page 40, still going on 40 pages later.
It's funny when data from youtube is pro-TT, all of a sudden it's 100% bulletproof valid. HC seriously for all the *****ing you do about "false/invalid videos" from various mags, you even referring to a TT walking a GTR on youtube just shows that while you might have all the experience in the world, your approach to this is laughable at times and your agenda is suspect at best. Please don't claim neutrality, have the ***** to say you love Porsche.

Also, please don't refer to the LC issue as the END ALL reference for the GTR being slow. No crap Nissan went about it the wrong way, but no crap an 3800lb AWD launch is gonna jack up transmissions. When Porsche does it clean, let me know, just because they cover it when it breaks doesn't mean they got it right.

I posted on page 30-something that this is drivers race, and anyone that has ever spent time in one can figure that out. 50 pages of unrelenting speculation from most members and some valid points from one has still left this at square one.

Chris is the ONLY person posting anything worthwhile with ACTUAL data, and he is met with sarcasm and mob-logic despite the fact that he was a TT owner before a GTR owner. Oh the irony.

The only part of this making this thread worthwhile is watching a bunch of middle aged men waste God knows how many hours of each day bickering back and forth and getting no where fast. Oh and the fact that when asked, everyone thinks they are being as mature as middle aged men should be.

"NO YOU'RE A FANBOY!"
"NO this IS a real discussion!"

Yeah, keep telling yourself that HC. This is a self-perpetuating joke, one thats on you.

Last edited by stradaONE8; 10-27-2008 at 11:36 AM.
Old 10-27-2008, 11:57 AM
airflite1 has a brilliant futureairflite1 has a brilliant futureairflite1 has a brilliant futureairflite1 has a brilliant futureairflite1 has a brilliant futureairflite1 has a brilliant futureairflite1 has a brilliant futureairflite1 has a brilliant futureairflite1 has a brilliant futureairflite1 has a brilliant futureairflite1 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by stradaONE8
That's just it. It's an 80 page thread now that rehashes the same old crap as it did on page one. No one is convinced on either front, and the ONLY member posting REAL world and SELF obtained data is harassed as being a "poor driver" or "invalid".

95% of members here that are pro-TT haven't so much as held the keys to a GTR, but are supremely confident in discounting anything it can do. Then when a pro-GTR member comes on, they whine about "No seat time" or "youtube/PS3/etc etc racer." Called it out on page 40, still going on 40 pages later.
It's funny when data from youtube is pro-TT, all of a sudden it's 100% bulletproof valid. HC seriously for all the *****ing you do about "false/invalid videos" from various mags, you even referring to a TT walking a GTR on youtube just shows that while you might have all the experience in the world, your approach to this is laughable at times and your agenda is suspect at best. Please don't claim neutrality, have the ***** to say you love Porsche.

Also, please don't refer to the LC issue as the END ALL reference for the GTR being slow. No crap Nissan went about it the wrong way, but no crap an 3800lb AWD launch is gonna jack up transmissions. When Porsche does it clean, let me know, just because they cover it when it breaks doesn't mean they got it right.

I posted on page 30-something that this is drivers race, and anyone that has ever spent time in one can figure that out. 50 pages of unrelenting speculation from most members and some valid points from one has still left this at square one.
Chris is the ONLY person posting anything worthwhile with ACTUAL data, and he is met with sarcasm and mob-logic despite the fact that he was a TT owner before a GTR owner. Oh the irony.

The only part of this making this thread worthwhile is watching a bunch of middle aged men waste God knows how many hours of each day bickering back and forth and getting no where fast. Oh and the fact that when asked, everyone thinks they are being as mature as middle aged men should be.

"NO YOU'RE A FANBOY!"

Yeah, keep telling yourself that HC. This is a self-perpetuating joke, one thats on you.
Damn Strada having a bad day? I think 95% is a little over the top, in my opinion most people say it seems to be a great car for the money, but the way they handled the marketing sucks unless your 14. I've said it before, I think to beat the cars they we're aiming for they made compromises that take away from streetability, not nessasarily making it a good track car. Sticky tires(short life), agressive alignment(still short tire life), low gearing (poor fuel economy) stiff suspension (ride comfort). Other car companys compromise those items for daily drivability yet maintain as much of the performance factor they can. The only other advantage I see for the GTR is the transmission, put in a car in its price range. If it proves to be weak then it could be its downfall. To me a good track car would be really light, not something 4000lbs. I'll take my car to the track just for fun, but if I was going to spend much time there I'ld definately look for something much lighter. Now I'm rambling.

Last edited by airflite1; 10-27-2008 at 02:48 PM.
Old 10-27-2008, 12:10 PM
OldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond repute
Strada was having a bad day he was being a pure pug!!
Plus he forgot to mention physics. You dont have to drive a 4000lb Pug to know
how power to weight ratio is going to go on a track/ Just like you can go to a bike
race and measure eveyones Vo2Max and figure out who will finish in the lead pack.

Chris I have to agree with the pug though. You are providing some useful data that we can look at and thanks for keeping the conversation at a adult level.

Airflite 4000 lbs does not a track car make. I agree. I was not happy that both my GT3's tipped the 3000lb mark.

Old 10-27-2008, 01:31 PM
Originally Posted by Vladcanada

Wow that is rape. But the M6 does sound a little racier on the interior from what I remember. May be modded, link doesnt say though.

I dont think a stock M6 will walk a GT-R that bad, but will beat it.

Old 10-27-2008, 01:38 PM
Originally Posted by stradaONE8

"NO YOU'RE A FANBOY!"

Wow, and I thought we were past all that. And you go right back to showing your "troll" colors. Again roid raging in here like that's going to do something.

If you havent noticed we are actually discussing real data from real track events.

So since you admittedly have no experience in the matter. And obviously have nothing to offer in context of the current debate.

Shut the hell up!!!

And dont start typing those long paragraphs, I'm not responding to novels in every post.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 997 TT beats GT-R at Ring. Nissan accused of cheating.