997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

997 TT beats GT-R at Ring. Nissan accused of cheating.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-28-2008, 09:10 AM
Mizuno is a splendid one to beholdMizuno is a splendid one to beholdMizuno is a splendid one to beholdMizuno is a splendid one to beholdMizuno is a splendid one to beholdMizuno is a splendid one to beholdMizuno is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Trommel
Check the prices - quite amazing it's even considered a rival.

The ZR1 is a monster though.
If the V.Spec gets beaten by other cars, you'll still stick to the same excuse ?

I think the GTR was designed for 1/4 mile or maybe top speed

Factory claims top speed of 193mph and MT went upto 195mph ? how stockish could this nissan be ?

I'm sorry it's a STOCK GTR

Old 10-28-2008, 09:18 AM
airflite1 has a brilliant futureairflite1 has a brilliant futureairflite1 has a brilliant futureairflite1 has a brilliant futureairflite1 has a brilliant futureairflite1 has a brilliant futureairflite1 has a brilliant futureairflite1 has a brilliant futureairflite1 has a brilliant futureairflite1 has a brilliant futureairflite1 has a brilliant future
Mizuno, your artwork is slipping!

Old 10-28-2008, 09:31 AM
Mizuno is a splendid one to beholdMizuno is a splendid one to beholdMizuno is a splendid one to beholdMizuno is a splendid one to beholdMizuno is a splendid one to beholdMizuno is a splendid one to beholdMizuno is a splendid one to behold

Old 10-28-2008, 09:52 AM
airflite1 has a brilliant futureairflite1 has a brilliant futureairflite1 has a brilliant futureairflite1 has a brilliant futureairflite1 has a brilliant futureairflite1 has a brilliant futureairflite1 has a brilliant futureairflite1 has a brilliant futureairflite1 has a brilliant futureairflite1 has a brilliant futureairflite1 has a brilliant future
Much better, don't let it happen again!

Old 10-28-2008, 09:57 AM
USCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to behold
Motor Trend used the launch control, so the warranty is shot on that one. At least it holds up long enough for the mags to get 0-60 and 1/4 mile times. When are the mags going to catch wind of the launch control issue and discuss this in the article?

Old 10-28-2008, 01:10 PM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Trommel
No - as heavychevy has categorically (and very scientifically) proven, every GT-R in existence is a ringer.

The only one that isn't is the one which was filmed doing an acceleration run on the Drivers Republic website. By the time it got onto the circuit, Nissan realised their error and immediately sent their Black Ops team to "ring" it without anyone noticing, so that it could then set an extremely quick lap time.

The real answer is that the cars seem to be making a little more than 480 bhp and have a very advanced and effective chassis, evidence of which is obvious when you drive the car (obviously, the doubters don't need to drive the car or believe the test reviews to know that it's all one big Nissan scam).
And I'm the one reaching for straws? I've made it clear the only GT-R I think is a ringer is the one that Nissan used to run the ring. though they may have snuck some in here and there.

Nice try though.

Old 10-28-2008, 04:39 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Eclou it is quick for the power to weight, look at that 0-60 time, but then look at the trap speed LOL , the tranny prob fell out on that run!

Old 10-28-2008, 06:47 PM
ItsAllTorque is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by OldGuy
You supposedly live in the UK. YOU of all people should know how well those guys on the DR can drive. AND the Carrera beat the Audi and the Aston.
I talked to Steve of the DR and they repeated that test over and over.
it was NOT anomalous.
PLUS Show me ANOTHER test with a 911 PDK?
I asked you to pick up your Batphone to Steve to ask him about that particular GT-R in question and to perhaps explain the 0.1 second between a GT2 and a GT-R telemetry vidoe that Drivers Republic use on their site. It really would help.

You have gone to the trouble of contacting Steve regarding the video, would it hurt to ask a few more questions to clear some issues up as you have seem to have his ear?

You pointed out that we in the UK know how well the guys at DR can drive. So we can rule out driver issues in this case. You may find some disagreement here though, I mean, that *was* Harris in the GT-R afterall (Harris being USCCayman's point of reference in regards to a GT2 vs Z06, but at the same time, a GT3 drifter and hardly worthy to note his conclusions on the GT-R VS the 997TT).

I, on the other hand, agree with you though, and will help you defend your informed insight and opinion on the superior driver issue .

Last edited by ItsAllTorque; 10-28-2008 at 07:14 PM.
Old 10-28-2008, 07:26 PM
eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !
well the failures are now snowballing in Japan as well, and there aren't enough replacement trannies to go around. The replacement tranny prices are now increased in price and are over 40% of the plummenting values of the car itself.

Autospies has an article about the horrible reliability

Last edited by eclou; 10-28-2008 at 07:30 PM.
Old 10-28-2008, 08:06 PM
Originally Posted by eclou
well the failures are now snowballing in Japan as well, and there aren't enough replacement trannies to go around. The replacement tranny prices are now increased in price and are over 40% of the plummenting values of the car itself.

Would you smell a rat if I signed up with another account and a web based email here, then soley posted my terrible problem with my new PDK-equipped C2? On an American forum if I were UK-based?

Snowballing? Horrible reliablity? Percentage-wise, neither are fact. Just like 7:29. Both are hard to grasp without alot more information.

Old 10-28-2008, 08:16 PM
Originally Posted by eclou
The same reliable source that posted this: http://www.autospies.com/news/GT-R-v...Raceway-35000/

Old 10-28-2008, 08:21 PM
USCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to behold
Guys remember, in the end, Godzilla was killed. Nissan is just staying true to the plotline.

Old 10-28-2008, 08:41 PM
Originally Posted by USCCayman
Guys remember, in the end, Godzilla was killed. Nissan is just staying true to the plotline.
That really, *really* is a terrible, cringe-worthy comparison to make on so many levels and not in your favour. Even at basic, film level knowledge, you are a wee bit wrong.

An embarrassing analogy, nothwithstanding the GT-R's nickname.

Unless of course your only experience is a US remade hash? God forbid there could be a sequel...

Last edited by ItsAllTorque; 10-28-2008 at 08:52 PM.
Old 10-28-2008, 09:07 PM
Originally Posted by ItsAllTorque
That really, *really* is a terrible, cringe-worthy comparison to make on so many levels and not in your favour. Even at basic, film level knowledge, you are a wee bit wrong.

An embarrassing analogy, nothwithstanding the GT-R's nickname.

Unless of course your only experience is a US remade hash? God forbid there could be a sequel...
In the original black and white movie, he was killed by the "oxygen destroyer", the deal that turned the fish to skeletons. I was watching the original, the one with "Perry Mason", back in the late 50's as a young child living in Los Angeles. I saw the latest remake with "Ferris Beuller", not so good. In the original, there was no baby hatching out of the egg after Godzilla's demise to take her place.

Old 10-28-2008, 10:28 PM
OldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond repute
I would buy an English car before the GT-R AND get better reliability.

I will have an Aston. Is there a movie where the English were left standing?

Last edited by OldGuy; 10-28-2008 at 10:32 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 997 TT beats GT-R at Ring. Nissan accused of cheating.