997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Deviating Stiching

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-17-2009, 11:31 PM
oc997 is just really niceoc997 is just really niceoc997 is just really niceoc997 is just really nice
I would get the whole thing done. You cant just get partial it looks terrible!!!

Old 08-18-2009, 12:40 AM
997TTurbo is a splendid one to behold997TTurbo is a splendid one to behold997TTurbo is a splendid one to behold997TTurbo is a splendid one to behold997TTurbo is a splendid one to behold997TTurbo is a splendid one to behold997TTurbo is a splendid one to behold997TTurbo is a splendid one to behold
Mkonigs-I have a 2007 Turbo, GT Silver/Blk leather interior and it was ordered with GT Silver Stitching! Here is what it has with price info:

GT Silver stitching Front/Rear Seats-$940
Dashboard-$240
Door Stitching-$160
Door Handle Stitching-$470
Left and Right Side Center Console-$160
Rear Left/Right Side Panel Stitching-$310
Inner Sills Leather with Stitching-$585
Thicker Steering Wheel with GT Silver stitching-$930
Storage Lid with Turbo Logo-$293
All Exclusive Options in Deviated GT Silver-$290
Does not have deviated stitching on leather shifter boot and handbrake but not noticeable...GT Silver stitching is drop-dead gorgeous and really sets off the interior. First comments usually about the interior stitching. GO FOR IT!

Old 08-18-2009, 07:12 AM
sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !
When it comes to deviated stitching, you have to do it all or not at all. I have not seen silver stitching in person so I am not sure whether or not it "pops" enough to warrant the ridiculous cost. Most people order white, yellow, or red stitching with black leather due to the high contrast of these colors. It is your car so make sure you get what you want.

My car has lots of yellow stitching and here are a few photos.

Old 08-18-2009, 10:53 AM
ecks is a name known to allecks is a name known to allecks is a name known to allecks is a name known to allecks is a name known to allecks is a name known to all
Deviated Stitching does make the car really stand out , if done well . You either do well or make your interior look like a circus of colors .
On this note , I am about to sell the 911 C2 that I have for the 997.2 Turbo with manual tranny . Thinking of Aqua Blue exterior with black interior (all leather) and red stitching . Sparkhill and IMCARNUT helped me a lot when I was configuring the 997.1 TT . Can they please chime in with their advice ? Will the Blue w/ black interior and red stitching look good or stupid ? I think its a bold choice , albeit a unique one .

Old 08-18-2009, 08:46 PM
tommyturbo is infamous around these parts
Just took delivery of a 2010 GT3...White with black leather and white stitching everywhere....looks great...got to get it every where especially the back quarter panels...

Old 08-18-2009, 09:55 PM
sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by tommyturbo
Just took delivery of a 2010 GT3...White with black leather and white stitching everywhere....looks great...got to get it every where especially the back quarter panels...
Photos please!

Old 08-18-2009, 10:25 PM
ecks is a name known to allecks is a name known to allecks is a name known to allecks is a name known to allecks is a name known to allecks is a name known to all
Sparkhill and IMCARNUT helped me a lot on deviated stitching when I was configuring the 997.1 TT . Can they please chime in with their advice ? Will the Blue w/ black interior and red stitching look good or stupid ?

Old 08-20-2009, 02:32 PM
handdoc is infamous around these parts
do it all, it will look awesome

Old 08-21-2009, 03:54 AM
porschestrabe is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by ecks
Sparkhill and IMCARNUT helped me a lot on deviated stitching when I was configuring the 997.1 TT . Can they please chime in with their advice ? Will the Blue w/ black interior and red stitching look good or stupid ?
If you want my opinion -- that is way too much color in one car!!

Old 08-25-2009, 07:39 AM
hog
hog is infamous around these parts
I opted for deviated Cobalt Blue stitching on my '09 997 GT2 with full 'all options' dark grey natural leather interior, leather arm rest with logo, large carbon pack. Additionally, Porsche Exclusives gloss black door openers gear lever surround. Exterior in Midnight Blue.
I'm very happy the way it turned out and with the cost.

Attached Images      
Old 08-25-2009, 08:38 AM
JZRS4 has a reputation beyond reputeJZRS4 has a reputation beyond reputeJZRS4 has a reputation beyond reputeJZRS4 has a reputation beyond reputeJZRS4 has a reputation beyond reputeJZRS4 has a reputation beyond reputeJZRS4 has a reputation beyond reputeJZRS4 has a reputation beyond reputeJZRS4 has a reputation beyond reputeJZRS4 has a reputation beyond reputeJZRS4 has a reputation beyond repute
I have seen more circus Pcars!
People just have poor taste or figure hey its an option I will get it. IMO, it's overkill.

Not to mention, the price is just silly.

Here is what I did:

Old 08-25-2009, 11:26 AM
Will that same yellow combo look good on a aqua blue 997.2 Turbo?

Old 08-25-2009, 01:34 PM
imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !
My car has silver stitching but with cocoa. I would say more subtle than pop. Still, I think it looks great because it is subtle. Others probably would say it is a waste of money because it does not pop. It is all or nothing unless you are going to do some areas that have stitching in carbon.

Old 08-25-2009, 01:59 PM
Rob
Rob is a glorious beacon of lightRob is a glorious beacon of lightRob is a glorious beacon of lightRob is a glorious beacon of lightRob is a glorious beacon of light
Why doesn't Porsche just offer a single Deviated Stitching Option that covers all or most of the interior? One (reasonable) price without all the confusion would be great. I believe Ferrari charges around $400 or so to change the interior stitching color.. one option, done.

How many people want just the doors/dash and not the seats, or the seats only, etc.? Why make stitching an a la carte option that can lead to mistakes during the ordering or building process? Porsche already offers plenty of other options to make money on.. they have to charge a ridiculous amount on individual stitching color changes and make it a pita too??

Old 08-25-2009, 04:42 PM
This thread is really showcasing some great options!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Deviating Stiching