997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Deviating Stiching

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-25-2009, 04:50 PM
porschestrabe is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by ecks
Will that same yellow combo look good on a aqua blue 997.2 Turbo?
Aqua blue exterior and black interior with yellow contrast stitching? Better than the red, I suppose -- but I would still vote for "less is more." I love contrast stitching - but, IMHO, with an aqua blue exterior, you should go with a more subtle combo.

Last edited by porschestrabe; 08-25-2009 at 04:54 PM.
Old 08-25-2009, 05:06 PM
tclayj is infamous around these parts
I have a most subtle combo, black with light black/grey. Although, I would have prefered silver to match the exterior I bought the car used. I agree that it is a all or nothing option. Iam just glad I will not be discovered on "Pimp My Ride" with 20"chrome.

Old 08-25-2009, 05:16 PM
This might be a dumb question -- but, here goes... Can deviated stitching be added aftermarket without totally ripping apart the interior? All these pictures make me want it too!!

Old 08-26-2009, 04:06 AM
eatbreathdrive has a brilliant futureeatbreathdrive has a brilliant futureeatbreathdrive has a brilliant futureeatbreathdrive has a brilliant futureeatbreathdrive has a brilliant futureeatbreathdrive has a brilliant futureeatbreathdrive has a brilliant futureeatbreathdrive has a brilliant futureeatbreathdrive has a brilliant futureeatbreathdrive has a brilliant futureeatbreathdrive has a brilliant future
I thought about the same thing, is restitching possible all over the interior? i would def. go for red stitching on black interior.

Old 08-27-2009, 03:01 AM
atlantacarman is infamous around these parts
i was lucky with my 06 c2s. slate gray exterior and black full leather interior. it came with that regular gray stitching and looks good with exterior and didnt cost any extra. that was nice. i agree totally that its stupid to have ten or 20 different options from porsche. cause people want them all to make it look nice. im curious to see what will happen with my audi r8v10 stitching when it comes. i hope its everywhere..

Old 08-27-2009, 09:23 AM
HUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by porschestrabe
This might be a dumb question -- but, here goes... Can deviated stitching be added aftermarket without totally ripping apart the interior? All these pictures make me want it too!!
In a word NO

It would be much less expensive to just order a new car with deviated stitching. Probably would take less time as well.

Old 08-27-2009, 07:51 PM
Originally Posted by HUMMM 3
In a word NO

It would be much less expensive to just order a new car with deviated stitching. Probably would take less time as well.
I actually knew the answer - I was just hoping you might surprise me... But that's okay. When I drive my new toy home next week, I won't even give the stitching a second thought!

Old 08-28-2009, 01:20 PM
HUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by porschestrabe
I actually knew the answer - I was just hoping you might surprise me... But that's okay. When I drive my new toy home next week, I won't even give the stitching a second thought!
I'm sure you'll enjoy your car, because the stitching Porsche uses as standard is done in good taste. I agonized for several weeks over deviated stitching when ordering my car, but gave up when it became evident that mistakes were more than likely possible. Once I saw my car, I was so pleased I never gave deviated stitching another thought.

Like others have posted, Porsche could make the process a lot simpler and less expensive.

Old 08-28-2009, 10:53 PM
ecks is a name known to allecks is a name known to allecks is a name known to allecks is a name known to allecks is a name known to allecks is a name known to all
HUMMM3 , I am really interested in checking out your cars pictures, since I am also going for Aqua blue exterior color. Could you provide us with a link to your car's pics of the interior and exterior?

Thanks.

Old 08-29-2009, 08:18 PM
il nino is infamous around these partsil nino is infamous around these parts
I have a Guards Red car with black interior and red deviating stitching and I get loads of positive comments on how much better the car looks with the deviating stitching. Well worth the extra $

Old 10-03-2009, 12:15 AM
solarlottry is infamous around these parts
adding deviated stitching

There is a way to add some deviated stitching. Porsche will sell most of the leather parts as replacement parts and if you order the part based on a cars VIN that originally had the stitching you want, then it can be done. It is EXPENSIVE. I bought a 09 turbo-guards red with black int and added quite a few leather parts including the inner sills, AC vents, Defroster vents and rear center console with lid. I bought the parts from SUNCOAST. they have almost all the leather parts and get them direct from Porsche. The parts cost more than if you had ordered them with the car but not crazy expensive. They told me today that if i wanted to get a rear center console with red stitching to find a car online or wherever with that feature, get the VIN and they can order it. They also said that it is much, much more expensive. Porsche sells the rear console for 1260 and the lid for around 400 when you get it with the car. My console was 2000 and the lid was 400 and that was w/o deviated stitching. I am finding it difficult to get certain parts such as the clothes hooks in leather, fuse box and have not found a car with those options to get the VIN yet. My dealer said he would help. Please let me know what everyone thinks.

Old 10-03-2009, 06:52 AM
handdoc is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by solarlottry
There is a way to add some deviated stitching. Porsche will sell most of the leather parts as replacement parts and if you order the part based on a cars VIN that originally had the stitching you want, then it can be done. It is EXPENSIVE. I bought a 09 turbo-guards red with black int and added quite a few leather parts including the inner sills, AC vents, Defroster vents and rear center console with lid. I bought the parts from SUNCOAST. they have almost all the leather parts and get them direct from Porsche. The parts cost more than if you had ordered them with the car but not crazy expensive. They told me today that if i wanted to get a rear center console with red stitching to find a car online or wherever with that feature, get the VIN and they can order it. They also said that it is much, much more expensive. Porsche sells the rear console for 1260 and the lid for around 400 when you get it with the car. My console was 2000 and the lid was 400 and that was w/o deviated stitching. I am finding it difficult to get certain parts such as the clothes hooks in leather, fuse box and have not found a car with those options to get the VIN yet. My dealer said he would help. Please let me know what everyone thinks.
thats what i am trying to do w/ one part...turbo embossed console lid w/ red stitching...i found a car that has it and gave them the VIN

for them it only comes up as having the lid, and that the car has deviating stitching, but they cant guarantee that they will make the lid as i saw...if it is a direct replacement part based on a cars VIN, it should be made as i saw...only problem is non returnable w/o guarantees...likely gonna take the plunge...i saw the car myself so i know it was built with what i want

Old 10-03-2009, 07:34 AM
sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by solarlottry
I am finding it difficult to get certain parts such as the clothes hooks in leather, fuse box and have not found a car with those options to get the VIN yet. My dealer said he would help. Please let me know what everyone thinks.
I have clothes hooks in black leather on my car - PM me of that is what you are looking for. I also have the fuse box cover in leather, but my stitching is yellow so it will be no help to you.

Old 10-03-2009, 08:43 AM
meaker is a splendid one to beholdmeaker is a splendid one to beholdmeaker is a splendid one to beholdmeaker is a splendid one to beholdmeaker is a splendid one to beholdmeaker is a splendid one to beholdmeaker is a splendid one to beholdmeaker is a splendid one to behold
I love deviating stitching and wish my car had it but I think it's crazy the amount they charge for differnet color thread.. I mean the interior already has stitching. Is It that difficult to change the thread color out. I sure the have some of their sewing machines with the other color already in it... Just saying

Old 11-11-2009, 09:08 AM
trice9 is infamous around these partstrice9 is infamous around these parts
I am ordering a 2010 turbo cab. there are 7 options for deviated stitching and i am getting them all (black leather with white stitching). but none of them say anything about the steering wheel or handbrake. one of the 7 options covers "all exclusive options", so this will cover the rear center console which i am getting in leather, the pdk gear selector gate in leather, and the storage bin where i am getting the porsche logo. but i don't think my steering wheel and handbrake fit into that exclusive bucket, and the other 6 options don't mention those. for the steering wheel, i am getting option 840 (3 spoke pdk sports steering wheel with shift paddles) but this doesn't look like an "exclusive" option. and for the handbrake, i wanted to just keep the stock handbrake. so, with that said, what will the stitching be on my steering wheel and the handbrake? if not deviated, how can i make sure it comes that way, as i agree with everyone here that really everything should be deviated.

thanks!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Deviating Stiching