997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Deviating Stiching

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-11-2009, 09:25 AM
sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !
Funny... I was just thinking about this thread. Here is a photo I ran across with blue stitching.

Old 11-11-2009, 09:48 AM
sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by trice9
I am ordering a 2010 turbo cab. there are 7 options for deviated stitching and i am getting them all (black leather with white stitching). but none of them say anything about the steering wheel or handbrake. one of the 7 options covers "all exclusive options", so this will cover the rear center console which i am getting in leather, the pdk gear selector gate in leather, and the storage bin where i am getting the porsche logo. but i don't think my steering wheel and handbrake fit into that exclusive bucket, and the other 6 options don't mention those. for the steering wheel, i am getting option 840 (3 spoke pdk sports steering wheel with shift paddles) but this doesn't look like an "exclusive" option. and for the handbrake, i wanted to just keep the stock handbrake. so, with that said, what will the stitching be on my steering wheel and the handbrake? if not deviated, how can i make sure it comes that way, as i agree with everyone here that really everything should be deviated.

thanks!
I replied on RennList also. You are trying to avoid the first photo (common) and end up like the second photo (my car).

I just looked at the order guide and it looks like 840 will get the wheel stitched. I am pretty sure you have to order a "special" (or Porsche Exclusive) handbrake to get the stitching there, but I have never seen stitching with PDK so I cannot say for certain. DAZ will get you the shifter and handbrake deviated. CFP worked for the 997.1TT, but I am not sure if XWU gets the shifter. I am thinking ECB will have deviated stitching. Your dealer can tell you which items are Exclusive and which are not - make sure everything is Exclusive. Unless, you order DAZ, I think you need to order both the handbrake and shifter to get stitching.

Have you dealer call Atlanta to make sure all stitching is deviated and make it clear that you will refuse the car if the stitching is mismatched. If the dealer enters 09991 first, and then enters the shifter/handbrake option, a secondary screen should appear requesting stitching information. Typically, the hidden cost of deviated stitching, is the more expensive shifter/handbrake that must be ordered to get the stitching proper. I am sorry I do not have a definitive answer with PDK.

Also, try to find the user "The Groom" as he will have definitive answers for you.

Last edited by sparkhill; 11-11-2009 at 10:01 AM.
Old 11-11-2009, 10:06 AM
Old 11-11-2009, 10:18 AM
Serpentene has a brilliant futureSerpentene has a brilliant futureSerpentene has a brilliant futureSerpentene has a brilliant futureSerpentene has a brilliant futureSerpentene has a brilliant futureSerpentene has a brilliant futureSerpentene has a brilliant futureSerpentene has a brilliant futureSerpentene has a brilliant futureSerpentene has a brilliant future
Hmmmm I have an 08 black with silver stitching..standard option.

Old 11-11-2009, 10:22 AM
Originally Posted by Serpentene
Hmmmm I have an 08 black with silver stitching..standard option.
That is certainly the most cost-effective and easiest way to order one.

Old 11-11-2009, 01:19 PM
trice9 is infamous around these partstrice9 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by sparkhill

I just looked at the order guide and it looks like 840 will get the wheel stitched. I am pretty sure you have to order a "special" (or Porsche Exclusive) handbrake to get the stitching there, but I have never seen stitching with PDK so I cannot say for certain. DAZ will get you the shifter and handbrake deviated. CFP worked for the 997.1TT, but I am not sure if XWU gets the shifter. I am thinking ECB will have deviated stitching. Your dealer can tell you which items are Exclusive and which are not - make sure everything is Exclusive. Unless, you order DAZ, I think you need to order both the handbrake and shifter to get stitching.

Have you dealer call Atlanta to make sure all stitching is deviated and make it clear that you will refuse the car if the stitching is mismatched. If the dealer enters 09991 first, and then enters the shifter/handbrake option, a secondary screen should appear requesting stitching information. Typically, the hidden cost of deviated stitching, is the more expensive shifter/handbrake that must be ordered to get the stitching proper. I am sorry I do not have a definitive answer with PDK.

Also, try to find the user "The Groom" as he will have definitive answers for you.
as a newbie, i don't have enough posts to see the pics you posted....soon.

I feel good that the stitching on the gear selector gate (XWU) will be deviated. there acutally doesn't appear to be any stitching at all on the actual gear selector, so no worries there. there is no other option for the steering wheel (840) given that i want the paddle shifters and not the buttons, so i think/hope that will be deviated.

so maybe only question left is the handbrake. it looks like the stock one has stitching on the sides and i don't think would come deviated. if i get the exclusive aluminum option handbrake (CFP), that stitching is on the top and should be deviated, as it is an exclusive option. i will have plenty of deviated stitching going on right there with the center console and the storage bin. will the handbrake be necessary? could it even be too much if that was deviated also? would it look odd if it weren't? the handbrake option (CFP) is $775. given that i'm not sold on it, unless you guys convince me otherwise, that's $775 worth saving. help.

thanks.

Old 11-11-2009, 01:40 PM
imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !
I got this from Porsche but not sure if it is up to date for 2010's

Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Präsentation1.pdf (153.0 KB, 255 views)
Old 11-11-2009, 06:05 PM
Originally Posted by trice9
as a newbie, i don't have enough posts to see the pics you posted....soon.

I feel good that the stitching on the gear selector gate (XWU) will be deviated. there acutally doesn't appear to be any stitching at all on the actual gear selector, so no worries there. there is no other option for the steering wheel (840) given that i want the paddle shifters and not the buttons, so i think/hope that will be deviated.

so maybe only question left is the handbrake. it looks like the stock one has stitching on the sides and i don't think would come deviated. if i get the exclusive aluminum option handbrake (CFP), that stitching is on the top and should be deviated, as it is an exclusive option. i will have plenty of deviated stitching going on right there with the center console and the storage bin. will the handbrake be necessary? could it even be too much if that was deviated also? would it look odd if it weren't? the handbrake option (CFP) is $775. given that i'm not sold on it, unless you guys convince me otherwise, that's $775 worth saving. help.

thanks.
You have realize your audience. This is an internet forum. Many of us check the forum several times a day and obsess over every detail of the car. It is like a reverse OCD support group here; instead of telling each other not to worry about stuff, we encourage each other to obsess over the most minor of details. You have posted your specs for review on two different forums, so welcome to The Club (you are OCD by definition). There are medications for our disorder, but we just claim to be "enthusiasts." If you start to feel bad, just look around and realize it could be worse. Geez, you could be me, imcarnuts, Cannaga, Sharky, NeilM or one of my other friends from this site - now that would be bad!

Seriously though, you are probably not the kind of person who forgets to order Sports Chrono and then does not care. Trying to save $775 when you are already spending over $3000 on stitching (think about that one for a moment) will haunt you every time you get into the car. Mismatched stitching is a disaster.

I think you are fine on the steering wheel. Print out the guide from imcarnuts, take it to your dealer and request the updated version applicable to PDK. As long as there is no stitching on the PDK shifter, you are probably fine adding CFP only - please confirm though.

Last edited by sparkhill; 11-11-2009 at 06:09 PM.
Old 11-11-2009, 06:15 PM
SRatha has much to be proud ofSRatha has much to be proud ofSRatha has much to be proud ofSRatha has much to be proud ofSRatha has much to be proud ofSRatha has much to be proud ofSRatha has much to be proud ofSRatha has much to be proud ofSRatha has much to be proud ofSRatha has much to be proud of
what color is the standard stitching?

Old 11-11-2009, 06:32 PM
Originally Posted by sparkhill
You have realize your audience. This is an internet forum. Many of us check the forum several times a day and obsess over every detail of the car. It is like a reverse OCD support group here; instead of telling each other not to worry about stuff, we encourage each other to obsess over the most minor of details. You have posted your specs for review on two different forums, so welcome to The Club (you are OCD by definition). There are medications for our disorder, but we just claim to be "enthusiasts." If you start to feel bad, just look around and realize it could be worse. Geez, you could be me, imcarnuts, Cannaga, Sharky, NeilM or one of my other friends from this site - now that would be bad!

Seriously though, you are probably not the kind of person who forgets to order Sports Chrono and then does not care. Trying to save $775 when you are already spending over $3000 on stitching (think about that one for a moment) will haunt you every time you get into the car. Mismatched stitching is a disaster.

I think you are fine on the steering wheel. Print out the guide from imcarnuts, take it to your dealer and request the updated version applicable to PDK. As long as there is no stitching on the PDK shifter, you are probably fine adding CFP only - please confirm though.
yes, in my short time since finding this board, i've been spending way too much time on it...and don't see that stopping.

regarding the handbrake, it's only partly about saving the money, but more that i don't want the aluminum handbrake - i like the stock one in all black. the stitching would be on the side and i don't think it would stand out as odd. almost worry about having 3 stitching lines all within about 6 inches (on each side of the console and the handbrake) as being too much. but for those of you who have seen it both ways, if it's a must to get the aluminum handbrake to get the deviated stitching, i will take that advice. let me know.

on the selector gate, that will be deviated. but there is no stitching on the actual shifter. and for the steering wheel, after doing some more research, i now think that stitching won't be deviated. i have the dealer checking though.

Old 11-11-2009, 08:08 PM
also, if i go with the handbrake exclusive option in order to get the deviated stitching, does anyone know the difference between CFP (Handrake lever in aluminum II) vs XFP (Handbrake lever in aluminum)? thanks.

Old 11-11-2009, 09:45 PM
997TTurbo is a splendid one to behold997TTurbo is a splendid one to behold997TTurbo is a splendid one to behold997TTurbo is a splendid one to behold997TTurbo is a splendid one to behold997TTurbo is a splendid one to behold997TTurbo is a splendid one to behold997TTurbo is a splendid one to behold
Your dealer should know about the handbrake. If it is not specified on any of the deviated options, then it probably will come with regular stitching. As for the steering wheel, my 2007 Turbo (6 speed manual) was ordered with a thicker steering wheel and the stitching on the wheel is deviated stitching in GT Silver like the rest of my deviated stitching. BTW, my handbrake does not have deviated stitching but it still blends in with the rest of the deviated stitching in the rest of the interior. I believe you can get deviated stitching on the handbrake if you also order deviated stitching on the shifter. Good luck!

Last edited by 997TTurbo; 11-11-2009 at 09:49 PM.
Old 11-12-2009, 01:09 PM
heard back from the dealer, so will answer some of my own questions for future needs here: the difference between CFP and XFP (handbrake options) is while they look the same, CFP is required if getting deviated stitching. and for option 840 (PDK steering wheel with paddle shifters), this does not come with deviated stitching. so in my case, i've got everything deviated except the steering wheel, which i think and am hoping will be fine.

Old 11-12-2009, 03:01 PM
Ibis 2.0T is infamous around these parts
This is a beautiful interior.

Originally Posted by imcarnuts
My car has silver stitching but with cocoa. I would say more subtle than pop. Still, I think it looks great because it is subtle. Others probably would say it is a waste of money because it does not pop. It is all or nothing unless you are going to do some areas that have stitching in carbon.

Old 11-12-2009, 03:40 PM
imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Ibis 2.0T
This is a beautiful interior.

Thank You

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Deviating Stiching