997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

RS Spyder 19' Wheels Tequipment

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-15-2008, 02:22 PM
MeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of light
They'd look hot painted gunmetal grey, black or gold.

Old 10-15-2008, 06:12 PM
TT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant future
I think they look great, I'm gonna bet they cost $10K to retrofit.

Old 10-15-2008, 06:54 PM
eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by TT Gasman
I think they look great, I'm gonna bet they cost $10K to retrofit.
Doug, looking at this picture it looks like the centerlock adapter just bolts to your existing hub. Should be an easy retrofit

Old 10-15-2008, 07:02 PM
cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !
Very nice info. Love my HRE but can't argue with wheels that look like RS Spyder's! Actually they look A LOT like the Manthey wheels (BBS sourced ?), almost identical.

My guess would be 9-10k for the wheels AND retrofit kit?

Old 10-16-2008, 06:47 AM
Porsche Fiend
Hamann7 is infamous around these partsHamann7 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Alan Baylis
Interesting comments. Where is your technical data to support this theory?
Are you really going to ask me to compare HRE vs. BBS?

Working at Wheel Enhancement with veteran experts like John, I would have expected you to know better.

Let's start with a simple fact. Name ONE race team in ALMS, FIA GT, Formula 1/2/3/2000/BMW/Ford that runs HRE...

If I recall correctly, aren't HRE 3-piece wheels banned from PCA events?

Look at the engineering in the center of a BBS E88 wheel. It has scalloped edges on the sides of each spoke and drilled holes in the center to save weight. Does HRE C-series have engineering like that?

Look at all those RSRs running HREs. Oh wait, there are NONE.

Look at the Ferrari Challenge series... oh wait, BBS Motorsport also as standard equipment.

Formula One? Looks like BBS all over the place again.

997 RSR Monoblocks? BBS of course.

Look at HRE monoblock P-series. They aren't even anywhere near as light as Champions, let alone BBS Mg alloy wheels like the Manthey Racing MM2 version which is TUV approved and as light as comparable Dymags! Does HRE offer anything close to that? NO

Ask real experts like Robert Linton what his wheel of choice is... he's the one who pointed out a while back on Rennlist that BBS doesn't comp wheel sets to anyone. They don't have to. Race teams gladly pay BBS Motorsport, and they run their decals anyway. Can HRE make such a claim?

HRE is basically like every other bling wheel company. They "forge" their own centers and then assemble them with generic parts from American Rim Supply. So impressive indeed.

HRE is good for the 6-Speed and the bling crowd, but please don't confuse people into thinking they're anywhere in the same league as BBS, especially when it comes to performance applications.

So yes, if the factory is offering RS Spyder look wheels that are relatively light and made by BBS, it would be pretty stupid to buy HRE P43's at that point.

Old 10-16-2008, 07:00 AM
PorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Hamann7

Working at Wheel Enhancement with veteran experts like John, I would have expected you to know better.

Let's start with a simple fact. Name ONE race team in ALMS, FIA GT, Formula 1/2/3/2000/BMW/Ford that runs HRE...

Look at the engineering in the center of a BBS E88 wheel. It has scalloped edges on the sides of each spoke and drilled holes in the center to save weight. Does HRE C-series have engineering like that?

Look at the Ferrari Challenge series... oh wait, BBS Motorsport also as standard equipment.

Look at HRE monoblock P-series. They aren't even anywhere near as light as Champions, let alone BBS Mg alloy wheels like the Manthey Racing MM2 version which is TUV approved and as light as comparable Dymags! Does HRE offer anything close to that? NO

Ask real experts like Robert Linton what his wheel of choice is... he's the one who pointed out a while back on Rennlist that BBS doesn't comp wheel sets to anyone. They don't have to. Race teams gladly pay BBS Motorsport, and they run their decals anyway. Can HRE make such a claim?

HRE is basically like every other bling wheel company. They "forge" their own centers and then assemble them with generic parts from American Rim Supply. So impressive indeed.

HRE is good for the 6-Speed and the bling crowd, but please don't confuse people into thinking they're anywhere in the same league as BBS, especially when it comes to performance applications.

So yes, if the factory is offering RS Spyder look wheels that are relatively light and made by BBS, it would be pretty stupid to buy HRE P43's at that point.
Someone said it Still love HRE's for street use though..

Old 10-16-2008, 11:04 AM
Former Vendor
WheelEnhancement has a brilliant futureWheelEnhancement has a brilliant futureWheelEnhancement has a brilliant futureWheelEnhancement has a brilliant futureWheelEnhancement has a brilliant futureWheelEnhancement has a brilliant futureWheelEnhancement has a brilliant futureWheelEnhancement has a brilliant futureWheelEnhancement has a brilliant futureWheelEnhancement has a brilliant futureWheelEnhancement has a brilliant future
I am not interested in a pissing match. You made a comment regarding HRE wheels that I feel is unjustified.
I have worked for John for a couple years and yes he is a veteran expert. Wheel Enhancement was my largest customer while I was the sales manager at Kinesis Motorsport (13 years) before that I was the sales manager at HRE, before that I worked for the US importer for Gotti wheels and manufacturer of Etoile wheels. All total I only have about 25 years of experience in the 3-piece wheel industry.

BBS makes an excellent product for both street and race applications. I was not comaring the two products, you were. However if you do compare the two products you will find that they are very comparable as far as workmanship and materials. Yes the C90 series of wheels from HRE does have the sides of the spokes machined and drilled holes in the center. Yes BBS did this quite some time ago with the E88 center and many wheel companies were admiring this at SEMA the first year they showed them.

HRE has not been banned from PCA or any other racing league.

Breaking into mainstream racing is very difficult to do. BBS has a very strong and well deserved relationship with the racing and original equipment sports car customer. If this is HRE's ultimate goal they have a long row to hoe.

HRE Monoblock wheels are comparable in weight to Champion Motorsport wheels of similar design.
Most of HRE's rim components are manufacturered from heat threated 6000 series aluminum which is not available from ARS. Many manufacturers do not make their own products...
I am excited to see a new OEM wheel for 997 Turbo's expecially a centerlock wheel. I have not seen any evidence that it is manufactured by BBS as of yet.

Originally Posted by Hamann7

Last edited by WheelEnhancement; 10-16-2008 at 11:37 AM.
Old 10-16-2008, 11:18 AM
PorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant future
thats flat out one of the best looking/sexiest wheels ive seen on any car, anywhere.

Old 10-16-2008, 11:46 AM
SuncoastSteve is a splendid one to beholdSuncoastSteve is a splendid one to beholdSuncoastSteve is a splendid one to beholdSuncoastSteve is a splendid one to beholdSuncoastSteve is a splendid one to beholdSuncoastSteve is a splendid one to beholdSuncoastSteve is a splendid one to behold
They're a little sexier on this guy