997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

That Cetain Smell............

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-16-2008, 09:18 PM
leadfoot is infamous around these parts
That Cetain Smell............

It seems no matter what kind of air freshenr I put in my TT it still has that same smell of leather.Its not the smell of new leather of a new car but just that weird smell of leather.I had the same issue with a Audi RS6 I owned.I do not know if it is the type of leather they use but it does not wear off.Does anyone else sense the same scent in there Porsche or am I just crazy?My car is immaculate so nothing has spilled or is spoiled in the car.Might just be the way a Porsche smells.........

Old 10-16-2008, 09:25 PM
GEE-BEE is a glorious beacon of lightGEE-BEE is a glorious beacon of lightGEE-BEE is a glorious beacon of lightGEE-BEE is a glorious beacon of lightGEE-BEE is a glorious beacon of lightGEE-BEE is a glorious beacon of light
Wink ?

Let my son in your and car it will have a whole new smell

His nickname is Capt. Stinky !

Ever since I brought home from the hospital, I swear something else is living in him....

He did get his D.L. today and he thinks he is a good driver, I guess a few years of a riding mower and they will let anybody drive...

Gee-Bee

Last edited by GEE-BEE; 10-16-2008 at 09:26 PM. Reason: spell
Old 10-16-2008, 09:58 PM
zotbot is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by leadfoot
It seems no matter what kind of air freshenr I put in my TT it still has that same smell of leather.Its not the smell of new leather of a new car but just that weird smell of leather.I had the same issue with a Audi RS6 I owned.I do not know if it is the type of leather they use but it does not wear off.Does anyone else sense the same scent in there Porsche or am I just crazy?My car is immaculate so nothing has spilled or is spoiled in the car.Might just be the way a Porsche smells.........

My old RS6 developed an odd musty smell & the dealer fixed it by
changing the heater/AC system filter. Perhaps the same problem?

Old 10-16-2008, 10:01 PM
Administrator
GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !
you must have virgin leather

Old 10-17-2008, 05:44 PM
I am starting to realize its the smell of Lexol that I put on the seats.Any ideas what is a better product to use which wont leave such a long and crappy smell?

Old 10-17-2008, 06:31 PM
FSU-997TT is infamous around these parts
You might want to ask this question in the detail forum....there are a lot of professional detailers that chime in regularly that could help you out....

Old 10-17-2008, 06:58 PM
BoostJunkie is infamous around these parts
Use Sonus leather cleaner/conditioner, once it dries it smells a lot like brand new Porsche leather.

Old 10-17-2008, 07:14 PM
Thanks!!!

Old 10-17-2008, 10:02 PM
gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !
the key is not put any freshener in the car period. clean the leather with lexol or zaino products, clean the carpets with a good cleaner and be done with it. you want to smell pine trees take the Porsche for a nice drive to Tahoe. dont toss in the $.99 freshner from the local auto parts store.