997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Center caps

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-17-2008, 10:24 AM
Banned
997ttguru is a name known to all997ttguru is a name known to all997ttguru is a name known to all997ttguru is a name known to all997ttguru is a name known to all997ttguru is a name known to all
Center caps

Where can i buy these center caps? I just got a set of matte black P43's, but found out HRE does not offer these caps with silver porsche crest, only gold. I'm willing to buy one with silver crest

Attached Images  
Old 10-17-2008, 10:51 AM
cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !
I believe that if you just get the OEM plastic center caps (for the NON turbo 911) with silver crest and send them to HRE, they will paint the area surrounging the center crest for you in the matching finish. So you might want to give HRE a call.

Also Ralph Booth has a lot of caps. Not sure they have what you are looking for though. And they could be expensive.
http://www.boothedesign.com/centercaps.html

Originally Posted by 997ttguru
Where can i buy these center caps? I just got a set of matte black P43's, but found out HRE does not offer these caps with silver porsche crest, only gold. I'm willing to buy one with silver crest

Old 10-17-2008, 11:02 AM
Banned
997ttguru is a name known to all997ttguru is a name known to all997ttguru is a name known to all997ttguru is a name known to all997ttguru is a name known to all997ttguru is a name known to all
why the non turbo? turbo has the same silver crest too. but getting them painted may be as expensive as getting new ones, I need to ask HRE. thanks anyway

Old 10-17-2008, 11:23 AM
cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !
I know you were going to ask. I hope I am making some sense here : The center silver crest of the Turbo is black on the background that is that shiny metallic finish. That of the NON Turbo is black on matte silver. If you are going to paint the surrounding area matte black, I think the matte silver crest background is necessary.

Good luck and hope this helps. Beautiful wheels you have!

why the non turbo? turbo has the same silver crest too. but getting them painted may be as expensive as getting new ones, I need to ask HRE. thanks anyway

Old 10-18-2008, 03:27 PM
SoCalCFP is infamous around these parts
the tire and wheels guys have them available. contact one of the vendors to the right. i was quoted $180 for the black with silver crest and i think $280 for the black with gold crest for the set of 4.

Old 10-19-2008, 10:00 AM
Banned
Thank you! I've sent mail to some of them.

Old 10-20-2008, 06:15 AM
jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !
Check with Eric ay Bumperplugs too.

Old 10-20-2008, 09:50 AM
Site Sponsor
GMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond repute
bump for some nice wheels, as a reseller of ralph and b-plugs, can't go wrong with either.

Old 10-20-2008, 02:53 PM
Can't go wrong with Eric and Ralph Booth. However I still would vote for calling HRE because the paint color and finish if done by HRE will most likely match best, or perfectly, with your wheel's finish.

Old 10-21-2008, 03:41 AM
jamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by cannga
Can't go wrong with Eric and Ralph Booth. However I still would vote for calling HRE because the paint color and finish if done by HRE will most likely match best, or perfectly, with your wheel's finish.
HRE gets 'em from Ralph and finishes them in the finish of your choice. At least they did with my textured, flat black ones.

Old 10-21-2008, 10:53 AM
Pics or you are banned.
Just kidding Jamie. Very nice. For those interested, I should point out that Ralph Boothe center caps are expensive for a reason: They are well made and beautiful solid aluminum caps, as opposed to the plastic stock/OEM ones.

He doesn't seem to have caps with black and white Porsche emblem? I only see the colored ones. http://www.boothedesign.com/centercaps.html

Originally Posted by jamie
HRE gets 'em from Ralph and finishes them in the finish of your choice. At least they did with my textured, flat black ones.

Old 10-21-2008, 12:58 PM
jamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant future
Mine were the colored ones. Don't know how to get pics from the wife's camera to the 'puter, but here's blackberry pic.

Attached Images  
Old 10-21-2008, 02:16 PM
Banned
jamie;

I got the exact same one. I just need the one with silver Porsche crest. I guess I'm gonna follow cannga's advice. I found a vendor who sells those for $220 a set, but they do not accept credit cards for international orders.

Old 10-21-2008, 05:09 PM
Is the $220 for after-market aluminum caps? OEM plastic caps with silver crest should be less, around $170 or so?

jamie;

I got the exact same one. I just need the one with silver Porsche crest. I guess I'm gonna follow cannga's advice. I found a vendor who sells those for $220 a set, but they do not accept credit cards for international orders.

Old 10-21-2008, 06:43 PM
Banned
I'll look into it.