997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

My techart gt street vs my gtr

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-27-2008, 01:02 AM
kilrgt is a splendid one to beholdkilrgt is a splendid one to beholdkilrgt is a splendid one to beholdkilrgt is a splendid one to beholdkilrgt is a splendid one to beholdkilrgt is a splendid one to beholdkilrgt is a splendid one to behold
I still like the white one better......To the doubters I have seen both of his cars, I have to say the GTR is ugly as S**T but its a great bang for the buck.Niteal I think 407 will have to wait until next year...looks like snow this week!

Old 10-27-2008, 06:01 AM
NITEALB is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by kilrgt
I still like the white one better......To the doubters I have seen both of his cars, I have to say the GTR is ugly as S**T but its a great bang for the buck.Niteal I think 407 will have to wait until next year...looks like snow this week!

hello paul, is the beast back on the road yet? agreed that the techart looks way better. the gtr is growing on me but still does nothing for me - looks and feels like a big g35/37. its funny cos the techart gets drools everywhere ( i don't particulary like the attention) and the gtr just blends in with everything else - far less "threatening." the younger import crowd absolutely love the gtr and they'll tell you everything about it. the nice thing is that in general people look at the gtr as a "normal" car whereas the techart appears to be some kind of statement of income or attention grabbing tool. maybe i'll keep both.......

Old 10-27-2008, 10:19 AM
kilrgt is a splendid one to beholdkilrgt is a splendid one to beholdkilrgt is a splendid one to beholdkilrgt is a splendid one to beholdkilrgt is a splendid one to beholdkilrgt is a splendid one to beholdkilrgt is a splendid one to behold
Hi Niteal, the car is done for this year, I'm coming out next spring with a new combo, I want something a little more for in the quarter.I couldn't believe the crowd of people that flocked to the GTR , while your TT sat there all pretty.I say keep both, Its hard not to like the GTR and lets face it thats a great car.We still get out in the winter, next time I am at the spot I'll call you before i head out.

Old 10-27-2008, 11:33 AM
Luc15 is a jewel in the roughLuc15 is a jewel in the roughLuc15 is a jewel in the rough
the car looks amazing

Old 10-27-2008, 11:44 AM
Ray
Former Vendor
Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !
Niteal, pix here! Lets meet up next time when I'm in TO, love to check out your GT Street!

Old 10-27-2008, 11:45 AM
Ray
Former Vendor
Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !

Old 10-27-2008, 10:38 PM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
Beautiful car.

Your emblem says GT Street RS? Is this a 997TT or a 997GT2 conversion?

Old 10-27-2008, 10:46 PM
michaeldorian is infamous around these partsmichaeldorian is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Ray

Beautiful

Old 10-27-2008, 11:27 PM
hesperus is just really nicehesperus is just really nicehesperus is just really nicehesperus is just really nicehesperus is just really nice
any more pics of the TechArt with the multi spoke wheels in the last pic? i was never a fan of the TechArt 5 spokers... but the wheels in the last pic look nice!

Old 10-27-2008, 11:34 PM
xandi911 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by NITEALB
. how much track punishment can it take with out major issues. the porsche has seen many lapping days and i've only had to replace brake pads (for ceramic brakes), change engine oil and new tires. the gtr seems to have a slight shudder in the right side after two lapping days but we think that seems to due to brake pad smearing. braking performance hasn't been affected but a slight shake under hard braking is noticeable. .
thats why a GT-R costs half than a turbo...

and thats why always a GT-R will be a nissan car, and a porsche will be always a porsche.

GREAT REVIEW!!!

Old 10-28-2008, 12:16 AM
Jorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant future
Beautiful Car.

Old 10-28-2008, 08:20 AM
NITEALB is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by bbywu
Beautiful car.

Your emblem says GT Street RS? Is this a 997TT or a 997GT2 conversion?
its a turbo conversion but thats what techart sent... i think i'm gonna take out the front wheel drive and add gt3 cup bits

Old 10-28-2008, 01:20 PM
Shinkaze has a spectacular aura aboutShinkaze has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by NITEALB
The lap times were a complete suprise and i'll be honest - i wanted the porsche to win. since then we've applied the same principles but changed to rubber on the gtr to the sp 600 dunlops and went for the track alignment. the dealer told me that my car's alignment was slightly out of spec. the result this time was the same, except the gap between the two cars was on average 0.8-1 second(s). The funny thing is that the porsche gets al least 10-15km/h greater terminal speed by the end of the two main straights. it also brakes better (it feels this way). the feel of the porsche is much better, steering feel, brake feel, engine sound etc etc, but it's unfortunately slower. i'm very impressed to say the least with gtr. my techart is 2 seconds a lap quicker than my 997 turbo (chip, lowering springs, exhaust and cup tires)
GT-R vs. GT-Street Video
http://shinkaze.com/2008/10/head2hea...997-gt-street/

This is pretty much inline with what we recently found out at Willow Springs when we shot Head to Head. We ran a stock GT-R, a modified GT-R, a stock 997 and Modified GT-Street. Same day, same track same driver.

The Stock GT-R has Bridgestones and "performance" alignment, and posted a better time than a previous 997 GT2 time from Road and Track around the same circuit and very close to what Steve Millen achieved in a stock GT-R on Dunlops. So despite the fact our driver (Samuel Hubinette) had less than 3 laps experience with a GT-R he was already approaching similar times from others.

since that comparison i've found that the brake shudder is indeed a warped front rotor. can't say i'm impressed having a rotor that warps after not much more than 3-4 trackdays! the GTR really needs a proper braking system with more efficient cooling.
COBB Tunning is having similar issues with their GT-R. They say the calipers are great, even use stock pads, but they had to upgrade the rotors. It's a heavy car so they take a ton of abuse.

PS, on the subject of looks, I'll be the first to admit the GT-Street looks better even though I own a GT-R.

IMG_4579

Old 10-28-2008, 02:12 PM
JT3
JT3 is infamous around these partsJT3 is infamous around these parts
Sounds like the stock GTR did a good job of hanging in there....

Beautiful 911...surprised you didn't purchase a white GTR as well.

Old 10-28-2008, 02:42 PM
Nthusiastt is a splendid one to beholdNthusiastt is a splendid one to beholdNthusiastt is a splendid one to beholdNthusiastt is a splendid one to beholdNthusiastt is a splendid one to beholdNthusiastt is a splendid one to beholdNthusiastt is a splendid one to behold
I really hope to see heavchev's rebuttle. He always seems to pull some excuse out of thin air to discredit any review/article.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My techart gt street vs my gtr