997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Keithta's Protomotive 997TT - New 60-130 Record & 1/4 Mile Trap Speed

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-03-2008, 01:05 AM
keithta Is a GOD !keithta Is a GOD !keithta Is a GOD !keithta Is a GOD !keithta Is a GOD !keithta Is a GOD !keithta Is a GOD !keithta Is a GOD !keithta Is a GOD !keithta Is a GOD !keithta Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by acicchelli
keithta, congrats on getting some really awesome times out of your car with your Vbox. I can imagine how great that felt to get all the issues resolved and have it running tip top. I know how it feels to run sub 6 second 60-130mph times and it is a very cool rush.

Aaron
Thanks for the compliments all....

Acicchelli: Thanks Aaron. Saw your times as well on your 997TT TIP in your thread you started - those times are blazing fast...Especially the way your car comes off the line.

By the way, when the projected completion date of your 997TT Sledgehammer?

I owned a Gallardo in 04 - never modded it though. How much whp is your gallardo putting down and at what boost? You got the motor built?

GT RUS: No I am planning on strengthening the internals amongst other parts of the car once I move forward with the project.

Old 11-03-2008, 01:10 AM
keithta Is a GOD !keithta Is a GOD !keithta Is a GOD !keithta Is a GOD !keithta Is a GOD !keithta Is a GOD !keithta Is a GOD !keithta Is a GOD !keithta Is a GOD !keithta Is a GOD !keithta Is a GOD !
Old 11-03-2008, 01:52 AM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by acicchelli
This is not entirely true in the application (my car) that GT RUS is talking about. The boost is interrupted momentarily during gear changes. This is to help keep the gearbox safe as we are putting a lot more hp to the ground than stock. Also, tip cars weigh more than 6 speeds.

Aaron
Aaron,

The drop in boost your car experiences is still considerably less than that of a 6-speed car. As far as weight; not only is it a very small factor from a roll (i.e., Veyron)...but the shift speed and reduced drop in boost between shifts more than makes up for it.

Old 11-03-2008, 08:11 AM
VBOXKING has much to be proud ofVBOXKING has much to be proud ofVBOXKING has much to be proud ofVBOXKING has much to be proud ofVBOXKING has much to be proud ofVBOXKING has much to be proud ofVBOXKING has much to be proud ofVBOXKING has much to be proud ofVBOXKING has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by keithta
Thanks for the compliments all....

Acicchelli: Thanks Aaron. Saw your times as well on your 997TT TIP in your thread you started - those times are blazing fast...Especially the way your car comes off the line.

By the way, when the projected completion date of your 997TT Sledgehammer?

I owned a Gallardo in 04 - never modded it though. How much whp is your gallardo putting down and at what boost? You got the motor built?

GT RUS: No I am planning on strengthening the internals amongst other parts of the car once I move forward with the project.
Thanks for the compliment, I love my 997TT tip, it's untouchable off the line on the street.

On the Sledgehammer, Tym originally told me 8 weeks, I believe he has had the car for 5 weeks now. I think we are pretty much on schedule. Just waiting on a couple more parts to be built and then everything can go back together.

As for my TT Gallardo, it is currently back in Jason Heffner's hands. He is doing some more upgrades and improvements to it, It should have over 1000 rwhp when I get it back at I believe around 17-18 psi. The motor is built. The car was putting down 875rwhp before I sent it back. I should have that car back before the Sledgehammer.

Aaron

Old 11-03-2008, 08:14 AM
VBOXKING has much to be proud ofVBOXKING has much to be proud ofVBOXKING has much to be proud ofVBOXKING has much to be proud ofVBOXKING has much to be proud ofVBOXKING has much to be proud ofVBOXKING has much to be proud ofVBOXKING has much to be proud ofVBOXKING has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Divexxtreme
Aaron,

The drop in boost your car experiences is still considerably less than that of a 6-speed car. As far as weight; not only is it a very small factor from a roll (i.e., Veyron)...but the shift speed and reduced drop in boost between shifts more than makes up for it.
Hush it Scott, you are just jealous because you are getting old like me and you wish you had a tiptronic in your Z06 so you didnt have to shift!

Haha

Aaron

Old 11-03-2008, 08:37 AM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
LOL...I still like shifting, but a TIP would be really great to have as well. Honestly, if I could...I'd have both.

Old 11-03-2008, 08:46 AM
yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !
yalmutawa: Will be building my motor and doing the cams and heads in time and upping the size of the turbos and intercoolers. Shooting for 1000 whp.<!-- google_ad_section_end -->
great just wanted to make sure u still serious regarding the 1000whp

Old 11-03-2008, 10:18 AM
TT23 is infamous around these parts
Keith what was price for this pm me thanks T

Old 11-03-2008, 10:31 AM
vrybad has a brilliant futurevrybad has a brilliant futurevrybad has a brilliant futurevrybad has a brilliant futurevrybad has a brilliant futurevrybad has a brilliant futurevrybad has a brilliant futurevrybad has a brilliant futurevrybad has a brilliant futurevrybad has a brilliant futurevrybad has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Divexxtreme
LOL...I still like shifting, but a TIP would be really great to have as well. Honestly, if I could...I'd have both.
Scott,
You may want to take a look(if you already haven't) at the RPM Trans auto conversion some of the big power FI Z06 guys are running.
I think they can even integrate the paddle shift setup.
This gets those cars to the 1/4 in the low, low 9's at right near 160mph!
That should run some pretty strong 60-130 times!
Good luck with the car, I look forward to the results.

Old 11-03-2008, 04:56 PM
carlover08 is infamous around these parts
Congrats on fixing your issues. Enjoy.

Old 11-06-2008, 02:09 AM
New 60-130 time (1.0 Bar with 19' wheels)

Had a chance to run a follow up 60-130 pass at low boost:

Previous Best:
Boost set to 1 Bar on 20" wheels 7.14

Todays Best:
Boost set to 1 Bar on 20" wheels 7.04
Boost set to 1 Bar on 19" wheels 6.82

All runs were on perfectly flat roads with 1 shift.

Keith

Old 11-06-2008, 04:23 AM
GT RUS is just really niceGT RUS is just really niceGT RUS is just really niceGT RUS is just really niceGT RUS is just really nice
Good times...what is the millage of your car and how much miles have you done you did those mods...???

Do you mainly run on pump or race gas ??? Do you use the car as daily driver ???

Old 11-06-2008, 08:27 AM
bone_doc s4 has a spectacular aura aboutbone_doc s4 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by keithta
Had a chance to run a follow up 60-130 pass at low boost:

Previous Best:
Boost set to 1 Bar on 20" wheels 7.14

Todays Best:
Boost set to 1 Bar on 20" wheels 7.04
Boost set to 1 Bar on 19" wheels 6.82

All runs were on perfectly flat roads with 1 shift.

Keith
so its fair to say from 20s to 19s, anyone should be able to shave off .22 sec...

Old 11-06-2008, 11:05 PM
Originally Posted by GT RUS
Good times...what is the millage of your car and how much miles have you done you did those mods...???

Do you mainly run on pump or race gas ??? Do you use the car as daily driver ???
12,000 miles on the car. Its been modified as it sits for the most part since 1300 miles.

I drive it on 93 as a daily driver. Run race fuel maybe once a month for certain race meets or for the drag strip.

bone doc s4: From my tests I noticed an average of 1-2 tenths of a second improvement going from 20s to 19s. From all my runs I would say a solid 1 solid tenth faster (sometimes more - sometimes less). Just depends on the run. Keep in mind my 20s weigh 10 lbs. heavier than my 19s (4 lbs. heavier per side in front & 1 lbs heavier per side in back)

Keith

Last edited by keithta; 11-06-2008 at 11:13 PM.
Old 11-07-2008, 02:15 AM
GT RUS is just really niceGT RUS is just really niceGT RUS is just really niceGT RUS is just really niceGT RUS is just really nice
OK...so I can use it as well as daily driver and motors hold OK so far...thanks...