997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

GT2 Drag Race - ZR1, GTR, and 599

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-02-2008, 09:27 PM
art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !
Nice LC by GTR. I have seen these cars at the track, off the line hooks incredible.

Old 11-02-2008, 10:53 PM
hesperus is just really nicehesperus is just really nicehesperus is just really nicehesperus is just really nicehesperus is just really nice
funny how they say "put these cars together and the thing that comes to mind is... DRAG RACE"

i don't know about you, but when i see a bunch of supercars together, the thing that comes to my mind first is... LAP TIMES?

ironic that for a nation so obsessed with massive HP, there's relatively few venues to do 0-300kmh or 0-200mph tests in the U.S...

Old 11-03-2008, 02:38 AM
monaroCountry is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by hesperus
funny how they say "put these cars together and the thing that comes to mind is... DRAG RACE"

i don't know about you, but when i see a bunch of supercars together, the thing that comes to my mind first is... LAP TIMES?

ironic that for a nation so obsessed with massive HP, there's relatively few venues to do 0-300kmh or 0-200mph tests in the U.S...
They raced
- 0-60
- 1/4 mile
- 0-200mph
- in a road course
-60-0 and so on. Someone obviously didnt know about the Motortrend GTR v ZR1 v 599 v GTR review.

Old 11-03-2008, 03:28 AM
hesperus is just really nicehesperus is just really nicehesperus is just really nicehesperus is just really nicehesperus is just really nice
Originally Posted by monaroCountry
They raced
Someone obviously didnt know about the Motortrend GTR v ZR1 v 599 v GTR review.

Old 11-03-2008, 10:47 AM
TT23 is infamous around these parts
sweet ....would of loved a ride

Wow i forgot GTR what happen ... gozilla ..lol

Last edited by TT23; 11-03-2008 at 10:51 AM.
Old 11-03-2008, 12:53 PM
Banned
Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !
I wonder why the zr1 doesn't have a LC mode?!

Old 11-03-2008, 03:23 PM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
It's a chebby, and something might break.

Old 11-03-2008, 03:27 PM
cc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by heavychevy
It's a chebby, and something might break.
Or rattle.

Old 11-04-2008, 03:08 AM
Originally Posted by cc08gt2
Or rattle.
At least you wont get stranded in the middle of nowhere holding up a $20k bill

Old 11-04-2008, 03:43 AM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
HAHAHAHAHAH

A 20k bill with a GT-R pictured on it

"In Gearbox, No Trust"

hahahahahahahahah

Old 11-04-2008, 05:23 AM
Hiper is infamous around these parts
Great clip!!! Now lets see them on a track, then we'll see which car handles better

Old 11-05-2008, 05:24 AM
Originally Posted by Hiper
Great clip!!! Now lets see them on a track, then we'll see which car handles better
In that group and in a twisty track its.......

ZR1 lap time: 56.9 seconds
GT2 lap time: 57.5 seconds
599 GTB lap time: 58.0 seconds
LAST.....GT-R lap time: 58.1 seconds

SOME COMMENTS ON THE GTR

Finally, "Godzilla's" turn. The GT-R blasted out of the pits and vanished into the wind. Soon it reappeared in Turn Four, Theys gunning for glory, the twin-turbo, 3.8-liter V-6 screaming near its redline. Theys completed the lap, disappeared into the Turn One banking a third time, and a moment later came yet another ominous crackle over the radios. "I have lost a tire," said Theys, stoic as ever. "And some bodywork."
When the GT-R limped into the pits, the damage was shocking. The left-rear Bridgestone had delaminated catastrophically at more than 180 mph, completely shedding its tread and blowing out the rear bodywork as if it'd been hit by a mortar shell. Eerily, Theys had almost predicted just such a failure. "The rear end is walking around quite a bit on the banking," he'd said earlier after a practice lap. "The left-rear tire is working hard."

The GT-R finished a mere tick behind the Ferrari, but well off the pace of the Porsche and the ZR1. And while Theys had mostly good things to say about the handling of the top three, in general he was critical of the Nissan. "Lack of power is a reasonable excuse," he said, "but lack of handling is not."

Would Godzilla vanquish the titans? Post-laps, Theys had this to say: "With the other cars you can control understeer with the throttle. But in the GT-R, more throttle means more understeer. When you reach the limit, though, it suddenly goes into snap oversteer.

(The GTR) mostly understeers like a pig."

Old 11-19-2008, 01:57 AM
From another forum

Originally Posted by IPS Motorsports
Graham Rahal stopped by the shop on Friday to show us his new purchase, and get some baseline pulls before modding the car!

We all checked out the car, and it looks great! We also showed him the little exhaust bypass trick, and opened up the muffler system, overall I was impressed with the sounds and performance.

Here is some photos

Eric our tuner in this photo

He already got the wheels powder coated black for those that noticed! (albeit the car is a little dirty, it gets driven )

Here is the dyno chart! Bone stock!

Our dyno tends to read a little low, but its not far off. I was amazed how rich the air fuel ratio was, at wot it averaged around 10.6-10.8. We tried to tune the car, but HP tuners did not have file support just yet, they are going to get that done for us.

Then plans are
George from Kooks sent us some Kooks long tubes, and off road pipe
Lou sent in a B&B fusion exhaust for Graham as well!
IPS custom tune

Cheers

-Brandon

Old 11-19-2008, 05:06 AM
yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !
, of course I think the ZR-1 had some serious traction issues.+++++++++1

Old 11-19-2008, 07:16 AM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by yalmutawa
, of course I think the ZR-1 had some serious traction issues.+++++++++1
Absolutely. That's the only reason the GT2 was still in sight.

The GT2 is definitely the better car (and the one I would rather own), but the ZR1 is by far the faster car.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: GT2 Drag Race - ZR1, GTR, and 599