997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

bad experince = Wheels Boutique

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-03-2008, 12:17 AM
Porsh997TT is infamous around these parts
bad experince = Wheels Boutique

Just sharing a bad experience so you guys can prevent getting into such situations in the future!
I’ll start from where the whole thing started, I purchased a set of used HRE wheels from WB beginning of March, to go through payment was very smooth but it took them over a month (even though I was on their back everyday) to get them powder coated, and what was the result, a very bad job!blemishes on all 4 rims! plus a very much abused HRE center caps and I asked for chrome log nuts and guess what!! I received the caps 6 months later but couple of them broken!!! they claimed that the wheels have TPMS, however, I have all these lights coming up on the dashboard, TPMS not active, took it to the dealership and they reset it but still not working, apparently they have no TPMS.
The guys from WB tried to fix things by reimbursing me the powder coating cost $400 and for 6 months of chasing this 400, I have received nothing!!
Last but not least, the offsets of the wheels were not especially made for 997TT as claimed because the front tire passenger side was rubbing against the coolant hoses and it get toured out while I was on a road trip and obviously it wasn’t covered under warranty!! And now I have to put on spacers in the front and back!
I am really disappointed in Wheels Boutique and I won’t be doing any more business with them.

Old 11-03-2008, 01:07 AM
03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold
That's one of the pitfalls of ordering online from another continent. Good luck and I hope it gets resolved.

Old 11-03-2008, 06:22 AM
Jay Slay has a spectacular aura aboutJay Slay has a spectacular aura about
I had issues with my HRE's I ordered from WB as well. But they were very prompt in handling my situation. I did notice that the pinstriping they do in house is sh*t...but service, support and etc was top notch. I have a really good shop here in NY that does all custom powder coating, cnc'ing and etc. PM me if your interested.

Old 11-03-2008, 09:42 AM
Site Sponsor
WheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant future
I'm sorry for your experience but if you like you can grab the number of the back of your wheels serial number and post on the forum and anyone from HRE will answer you that they are for 997 wide body car if they rub on a coolant line you might want to check your car out honestly .. please post your serial number which should be located on the back of the hub on each wheels .Shipping the wheels were picked up by your shipping company which took two weeks for them to come get them you didn't want us to use UPS said it was too expensive ( how can you blame us for shipping you scheduled it) As for the caps 4 new ones were sent I'm sorry if the got damaged on the way to you and for the powder coating we said we would give you a full refund ! please if you have any other issues we take care of them all ! contact me directly ben@wheelsboutique.com

Sorry for got : TPMS the tpms system on HRE wheels is located inside the tires not like oem wheels its not the valve located outside i just pulled up your paper work and they were installed i have the serial nubmers if you like to help your dealer program them !

Wheels Boutique // 786 249 0127 // Sales@wheelsboutique.com
Follow us on YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/WheelsBoutique

Largest HRE Dealer In The World / Largest ANRKY Dealer / BBS Premium Dealer / TechArt Premium Dealer / Vorsteiner / Rotiform / Akrapovic / iPE / Novitec / Brabus / AC Schnitzer / Mansory / Brembo / RENNTech / Weistec / Tubi / Hamman / KW / H&R and tons more.

Last edited by WheelB; 11-03-2008 at 09:48 AM.
Old 11-03-2008, 09:45 AM
Jay Slay has a spectacular aura aboutJay Slay has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by WheelB
I'm sorry for your experience but if you like you can grab the number of the back of your wheels serial number and post on the forum and anyone from HRE will answer you that they are for 997 wide body car if they rub on a coolant line you might want to check your car out honestly .. please post your serial number which should be located on the back of the hub on each wheels .Shipping the wheels were picked up by your shipping company which took two weeks for them to come get them you didn't want us to use UPS said it was too expensive ( how can you blame us for shipping you scheduled it) As for the caps 4 new ones were sent I'm sorry if the got damaged on the way to you and for the powder coating we said we would give you a full refund ! please if you have any other issues we take care of them all ! contact me directly ben@wheelsboutique.com
Ben - like I said, Top Notch Service and products..always ready to help out.. A+++ for Ben and the guys at WB.

Old 11-03-2008, 10:03 AM
Former Vendor
m-concept is infamous around these partsm-concept is infamous around these parts
Hey whats up guys. I just wanted to give a little bit of input. Before I started getting involved with the wheel industry I had a 04 C5 Zo6 and I decided I wanted a set of HRE's. HRE told me to contact Ben from wheels boutique and I did so. From begining to end I had a great experience dealing with Ben. Every single issue I had was resolved including my need for Continental tires which he has an endless amount of.

- What I am trying to say is Ben is a great guy to deal with especially in the aftermarket wheel industry, where there is so many boutiques customers can go to. If you had a bad experience I truely feel sorry, give Ben a chance and you will be satisfied! He owns the most reputable wheel boutique shop in all of Mia and he is proud of it!

This picture was taken in 2004

Thank you,
Orestes "OREO" Cabrera

Old 11-03-2008, 02:16 PM
Originally Posted by WheelB

Sorry for got : TPMS the tpms system on HRE wheels is located inside the tires not like oem wheels its not the valve located outside i just pulled up your paper work and they were installed i have the serial nubmers if you like to help your dealer program them !

It wasn't the shipping company, the delay was from your side and you can go back to the private messages this message was sent to me on the 10th of April (thursday) and the wheels were picked up within 2 business days, on the 15th of April (tuesday) (i have a confirmation in PMs from WB), and yes UPS were expensive the funny part is where did you bring the 2 weeks thing from!!!

"Re: wheels

<HR style="COLOR: #d1d1e1" SIZE=1><!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->The wheels are going to be rebuilt and mounted with tires they should be ready by tomorrow to be shipped. The exhaust tips are next to me waiting to be placed in the wheel box.

Kevin
kevin@wheelsboutique.com"

Yes you did say that you will give me the refund and that was 5 months ago but it hasn't happened yet!! even though i followed it up many times!!

and on the TPMS, i have also followed it up and noone mentioned a serial number! i would appreciate if you can take me through the proccess of activating it.

Forgot about the rubbing issue, i doubt that ill go take the rims off to take a picture of the serial number and i doubt that my 997tt will be any different from another 997tt!

Last edited by Porsh997TT; 11-03-2008 at 02:24 PM.
Old 11-03-2008, 02:21 PM
Originally Posted by m-concept
Hey whats up guys. I just wanted to give a little bit of input. Before I started getting involved with the wheel industry I had a 04 C5 Zo6 and I decided I wanted a set of HRE's. HRE told me to contact Ben from wheels boutique and I did so. From begining to end I had a great experience dealing with Ben. Every single issue I had was resolved including my need for Continental tires which he has an endless amount of.

- What I am trying to say is Ben is a great guy to deal with especially in the aftermarket wheel industry, where there is so many boutiques customers can go to. If you had a bad experience I truely feel sorry, give Ben a chance and you will be satisfied! He owns the most reputable wheel boutique shop in all of Mia and he is proud of it!

This picture was taken in 2004

Thank you,
Orestes "OREO" Cabrera
i think that 6 months is way more than enough??

I have nothing against Ben or the guys at WB. maybe they don't give the international market much attention such as the US market and that could possibly explain all the delays?