997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

creaking sounds

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-10-2008, 04:29 PM
07turbo is infamous around these parts
Man i'm so glad i saw this post. Pulling up to a driveway/curb and hearing that sound was really starting to worry me. After today's drive, i was going to start my own post ... lol.

I agree all the creaks can be a bit annoying. I like to drive without any music ... but find myself turning the music back on as i can't stand the creaks/rattles.

Old 11-10-2008, 06:50 PM
FSU-997TT is infamous around these parts
I discovered that my creaking sound was the sunroof rubbing up against the car.....when the sunroof is open, there is no creaking.....when closed...sounds like a 100 year old rusty screen door. I only notice it when turning in to the driveway.....so only once a day.

Old 03-04-2009, 11:52 AM
Qs997Turbo is infamous around these parts
Do you guys experience popping sounds from the springs when you turn at very slow speeds? I notice this as well going in and out of my driveway or making sharp turns at low speeds and mostly in parking lots.

Old 03-04-2009, 02:17 PM
JZRS4 has a reputation beyond reputeJZRS4 has a reputation beyond reputeJZRS4 has a reputation beyond reputeJZRS4 has a reputation beyond reputeJZRS4 has a reputation beyond reputeJZRS4 has a reputation beyond reputeJZRS4 has a reputation beyond reputeJZRS4 has a reputation beyond reputeJZRS4 has a reputation beyond reputeJZRS4 has a reputation beyond reputeJZRS4 has a reputation beyond repute
POrsches make noise, some of the pleasant and some of them aren't
it's a POrsche thing and most of us love them.
My brand new Turbo had rattles, its part of the charm. Oh, and Porsches have a smell all to their own as well.
When I can't handle the noise, I just give it a little more right foot and lower the window (hopefully it goes down and hopefully it goes back up )

Old 03-04-2009, 06:25 PM
skyytek is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Qs997Turbo
Do you guys experience popping sounds from the springs when you turn at very slow speeds? I notice this as well going in and out of my driveway or making sharp turns at low speeds and mostly in parking lots.
yes. I get that. sounds like someone hitting something under the car - comes from the front. But more of a dull pop rather than a popcorn type pop.

anyone know what it is ?. Mine came on after about 7K miles.

Old 03-04-2009, 06:30 PM
skyytek is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Qs997Turbo
yes. I get that. sounds like someone hitting something under the car or a cloncking sound - comes from the front. Rather than a popcorn type pop.

anyone know what it is ?. Mine came on after about 7K miles.

Old 03-23-2009, 08:54 AM
dgtlbullet is infamous around these parts
Im glad i read this as well as the clunking noise has worried me every morning i start her up and take her out.

One noise which is annoying the living crap out of me right now is this chirping noise coming from my Driver side seat belt compartment...i think? It is right in my ear and ruins the whole driving experience at times.

Also, my clutch spring squeaks when fully engaged and I have taken it to the dealer twice (lubbed it up) but still making noises...anyone experience this?

Old 03-23-2009, 10:07 AM
gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !
I hate noises like the next guy but on the TT I am amazed at the lack of noises when you consider how tight the car is and how stiff the suspension is. if it were a Bentley I might be a bit annoyed but in the TT Im cool with the occasional creak from interior bits.

Old 03-23-2009, 12:14 PM
milou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond repute
My car is a convertible, after 3k km i started to notice a combination of noises, mostly at the rear seats area, at the Porsche garage they fixed some of them but i can still hear some when cornering. The new exhaust system covered some too