997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Just did a porsche driving tour thru Germany

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-14-2008, 05:48 AM
brnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant future
Sounds like it worked out well. Thanks for posting pics. Made me smile and think of my similar trip last month.

Old 12-09-2008, 06:31 AM
youngbimmer has a brilliant futureyoungbimmer has a brilliant futureyoungbimmer has a brilliant futureyoungbimmer has a brilliant futureyoungbimmer has a brilliant futureyoungbimmer has a brilliant futureyoungbimmer has a brilliant futureyoungbimmer has a brilliant futureyoungbimmer has a brilliant futureyoungbimmer has a brilliant futureyoungbimmer has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by E55AMG
Hour after hour of 150mph + driving was the story of the day. Hit about 180 for a short while but was mostly between 150 to 165. The best part was coming up on a cop in the left lane doing about 150 only to see him put on his blinker and move over and out of my way!! Wish my camera was on the front seat instead of packed away. would have made for a great photo!
The roads are absolutely pristine and the people know how to drive. No left lane hogging a-holes, no passing on the right. It's a pleasure and I've been ruined for ever. It's a joke owning my car in this country.
If someone up ahead in the middle past someone and moved into the left and your coming up on them, they actually SPEED UP so they can pass the guy more quickly and get out of your way! It's mind boggling. It's so oragnized and so comfortable to drive this way. Doing 65 on the Long Island Expressway is by far much more dangerous.
perfect!

What car did you drive?

Old 12-09-2008, 10:00 AM
ccjin is infamous around these parts
nice pics

thanks for the pics....

Old 12-09-2008, 02:16 PM
E55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by youngbimmer
perfect!

What car did you drive?
C4. Can't wait to go back

Old 12-10-2008, 11:04 AM
Linko4 has a spectacular aura aboutLinko4 has a spectacular aura aboutLinko4 has a spectacular aura about

Now that road look more fun to play on by driving.

Old 12-10-2008, 12:17 PM
ROD
ROD has much to be proud ofROD has much to be proud ofROD has much to be proud ofROD has much to be proud ofROD has much to be proud ofROD has much to be proud ofROD has much to be proud ofROD has much to be proud ofROD has much to be proud ofROD has much to be proud of
Nice write-up. Thanks for sharing those pics.

Old 12-10-2008, 04:13 PM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by youngbimmer
perfect!

What car did you drive?

I was going to point that out too. That's awesome!!!

Great writeup and pics. Looks like a great time.

Old 12-10-2008, 05:43 PM
MGT3 is infamous around these parts
Autobahn Adventures do similar tours. Check out their website at www.autobahn-adventures.com

Old 12-10-2008, 07:05 PM
Yves Is a GOD !Yves Is a GOD !Yves Is a GOD !Yves Is a GOD !Yves Is a GOD !Yves Is a GOD !Yves Is a GOD !Yves Is a GOD !Yves Is a GOD !Yves Is a GOD !Yves Is a GOD !
That's really nice ! Brings back memories for me.
I work for one of the biggest pharma companies, headquartered in Switzerland. Every couple of years I cross the ocean for either a Swiss or a US assignment.
Right now I am on a US assignment and honestly am starting to miss the European road trips. Did you drive the "HochAlpen Strasse" (=Grossglockner) ?

Old 12-10-2008, 07:37 PM
SoCal955 is infamous around these parts
Looks like great fan, definitely in my future plans. Thinking an extended Euro delivery.

Old 12-12-2008, 08:47 AM
atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !
Chris,

Sounds like you really enjoyed yourself on this trip! I had a great time too! I have a feeling that it's a good thing your camera was packed away. If it was me, it would've been out on the driver's seat but then again the cop would've probably pulled me over for trying to take pictures of him while going 160mph! Gotta do it without him noticing.

Old 12-12-2008, 10:27 AM
jiaim is a name known to alljiaim is a name known to alljiaim is a name known to alljiaim is a name known to alljiaim is a name known to alljiaim is a name known to all
You should have gone to leonberg : in 10km around you can visit porsche, techart, gemballa, speedart

Old 12-12-2008, 09:57 PM
gretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond repute
I am glad my buddy Peter Sontag was able to put together such a great trip for you Chris. Loved your story and pics - beautiful! My husband and I did a story about our trip (Porsche Fest 2007) on Fastlane.travel.com and also was published on PCA.org and in Spiel. It was a Trip of a Lifetime!!! We want to go back too.

Old 12-13-2008, 07:50 AM
Trundle997 has a reputation beyond reputeTrundle997 has a reputation beyond reputeTrundle997 has a reputation beyond reputeTrundle997 has a reputation beyond reputeTrundle997 has a reputation beyond reputeTrundle997 has a reputation beyond reputeTrundle997 has a reputation beyond reputeTrundle997 has a reputation beyond reputeTrundle997 has a reputation beyond reputeTrundle997 has a reputation beyond reputeTrundle997 has a reputation beyond repute
I did a Treffen tour with them in June of '05....simply fantastic!
Exclusive factory tour and Hot Laps at Weissach included.
All inclusive including Porsche rental at a very reasonable price!

Last edited by Trundle997; 12-13-2008 at 07:52 AM.
Old 12-13-2008, 08:29 AM
SaintlySins has a spectacular aura aboutSaintlySins has a spectacular aura about
Thanks for sharing. Nice pict's and good narration. My girl's with a German Pharm company with a scheduled visit next year.
You've just added to our road itinerary. Thank you.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Just did a porsche driving tour thru Germany