997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

My GT2 pictures and video

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-11-2008, 07:44 PM
Hlisk is infamous around these parts

[FONT='Arial','sans-serif']I have driven in pouring rain on the Michelin Cups. If you drive the speed limit you will not have any problems.ffice:office" /><O:p></O:p>[/font]
[FONT='Arial','sans-serif']I am using Hoosier R6's on the track they work great if kept at 39psi hot. I am getting 700 track miles on the Hoosiers. The car is using 1 and 1/2 sets of rear pads to 1 set of front pads. The dealer is replacing the front Calipers to try to stop irregular pad wear. <O:p></O:p>[/font]
[FONT='Arial','sans-serif']The high temperature sensors on the turbos are being replaced also due to giving false high temp signals, thus cutting power. Looking forward to seeing a increase in power when finished.<O:p></O:p>[/font]
[FONT='Arial','sans-serif']The car has been track aligned and corner balanced. Also having GMG sway bars installed. <O:p></O:p>[/font]
[FONT='Arial','sans-serif']This has to be the perfect track/street car.<O:p></O:p>[/font]
[FONT='Arial','sans-serif']I found a video of DE event at Road Atlanta where pictures where taken. I'm a little slow at this event due to first time driving 911 on track. I'm a lot faster now. Enjoy.<O:p></O:p>[/font]
[FONT='Arial','sans-serif']link to video.<O:p></O:p>[/font]
[FONT='Arial','sans-serif']http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_NnnyTIpy_g<O:p></O:p>[/font]

Old 11-11-2008, 08:35 PM
speedappeal is just really nicespeedappeal is just really nicespeedappeal is just really nicespeedappeal is just really nicespeedappeal is just really nice
3:40 is my favorite part, that GT2 is fast!

Old 11-12-2008, 06:23 AM

I was pleased to find the video on YouTube. It’s nice to see cars disappear in my rearview mirror, but it’s amazing how it looks from the car being left behind. That was my third day on track driving a Porsche much less a GT2. I’m much faster now. The GT2 is very easy car to drive fast.

Old 11-12-2008, 08:34 AM
eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !
very nice work and welcome to 6speed!

Old 11-12-2008, 08:47 AM
Banned
Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !
Nice driving!

Old 11-12-2008, 09:04 AM
TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !
Nice car/driving. The only time the 996 was 'hangin' with you was when you were in traffic, you walked the field!
Any in car stuff from the gt2?

Old 11-12-2008, 10:45 AM
Thanks guys, I have been doing DE schools since 1994. I have been instructing since 1999. The GT2 is the best street car I've seen on track and for sure the best car I've ever driven on track.

We do not have a in car videocam yet but it will be added to the list.

Old 11-12-2008, 03:14 PM
Picture of my GT2.

Attached Images  
Old 11-12-2008, 05:29 PM
speedappeal is just really nicespeedappeal is just really nicespeedappeal is just really nicespeedappeal is just really nicespeedappeal is just really nice
Originally Posted by Hlisk
We do not have a in car videocam yet but it will be added to the list.
I look forward to that

Old 11-12-2008, 06:46 PM
My brother and I are looking forward to putting the video cams in our track prepared 2007 Z06 also. We'll be able to video each other then.

And yes we both drive each car. It takes a couple of laps to reajust to each car but easy to do. It took the first half of the year to get the Z06 up to speed and only two days in the GT2 to catchup to and exceed the Z06.

Old 11-12-2008, 09:04 PM
TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !
Nice, what wheels are you using Howard?
C

Old 11-12-2008, 09:57 PM
The wheels are Champion 9x19" RS98 Monolite 1-piece forged wheel, TPMS version (53mm offset) and Champion 12x19" RS98 Monolite 1-piece forged wheel, TPMS version (44mm offset, must remove OEM spacer to use).
I got them from Wheel Enhancement.

We have 3M clear bra on the front and sides of the car with NASCAR rip offs on the windshield. The car has a track alignment and has been corner balanced. GMG sway bars were installed this week. We are using Hoosier R6 235 and 325 tires. We are on the third set of track tires and second set of brake pads. The front calibers were replaced this week as well as the high temp sensors on the turbos.

Attached Images  
Old 11-12-2008, 11:12 PM
Sabre002 is infamous around these parts
wow fun stuff what are the lap time for the GT2?

Old 11-13-2008, 08:47 AM
Road Atlanta 1m35sec. With more work 1m30sec.

Attached Images    
Old 11-13-2008, 08:53 AM
Here are some pictures of our Z06 and GT2 on track at the same time.

Attached Images   

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My GT2 pictures and video