997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

sportec ECU?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-12-2008, 10:30 PM
xandi911 is infamous around these parts
sportec ECU?

hi im looking for a SPORTEC ECU tune

i would like to know if someone here have experiencied this ECU..

if it really worth... if the difference is noticeable?

They promess 530hp

LINK to the TUNE --> http://www.sportec.ch/page3083.html

thank you very much!

Old 11-13-2008, 03:21 AM
haudimal is infamous around these parts
I can not recommend the ST 530 Kit! Last year i raced a 997TT with that kit on an airfield against my stock 997TT with only a fabspeed exhaust installed. Both cars are tiptronic and we both started with brake/gas pedal

His car had a better start due to better driver reaction and he was about 1 car ahead but (i can´t believe it) i could pass him at about 200-220km/h

The left one is mine

Old 11-13-2008, 10:25 AM
Originally Posted by haudimal
I can not recommend the ST 530 Kit! Last year i raced a 997TT with that kit on an airfield against my stock 997TT with only a fabspeed exhaust installed. Both cars are tiptronic and we both started with brake/gas pedal

His car had a better start due to better driver reaction and he was about 1 car ahead but (i can´t believe it) i could pass him at about 200-220km/h

The left one is mine

are you sure about that?? so this chip is a piece of %$@#

Old 11-13-2008, 11:33 AM
I´m def sure that his car was equipped with the smallest ST Package, just the ECU, stock exhaust. As you can see from his front plate, he is from Switzerland (home of ST) and he´s very well connected to ST.

He also mentioned, that he felt the improvement through out the ECU tune, maybe his car is a lame duck from the factory, so the ECU alone wasn´t able to speed up the car to impressive numbers

Summary: HIS car with ST ECU is remarkably slower than MY one with just a muffler/sportscat. And this is something i didnt´belive before the run, i would have bet all my money on the ECU modded car - thank god i did not

Old 11-13-2008, 11:36 AM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
wow doesn't seem right... maybe something was wrong with the ECU tune... Usually it _should_ be faster?

Old 11-13-2008, 11:46 AM
damn man im looking for this upgrade in my car!

what i do now???

more information!!

Old 11-13-2008, 11:48 AM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by xandi911
damn man im looking for this upgrade in my car!

what i do now???

more information!!
I would honestly find some place local that deals with either the European or US-based tuning. We do "flash" ECUs for countries outside the US but for support etc.. for you it's easier to do it in your own back yard if you can?

Old 11-13-2008, 12:41 PM
officespace is infamous around these parts
Thumbs up unitronic FTW

I say you go Unitronic...they have great porsche software!

Cheers!

Old 11-13-2008, 01:30 PM
AWW
AWW is infamous around these parts
We have tuned multiple 997 turbos w/the sport tech ecu upgrade. Very noticable difference. after the tune they are much faster than a stock turbo. w/exhaust w/cats they produce 35 more hp.

Old 11-13-2008, 01:57 PM
Originally Posted by sharkster
wow doesn't seem right... maybe something was wrong with the ECU tune... Usually it _should_ be faster?
Yes, exactly my thoughts - it should be way faster than a stock car with only an exhaust.

And that is the reason why i don´t recommend that kit, because both options would be a show stopper for me:

The kit does not produce the promised HPs

or

there was something wrong with the ECU tune - and the kit was installed at ST in Switzerland and obviously nobody detected a problem...

I know that ST is a serious tuner and stands for good quality, all i can say is, that the kit in THAT specific car was NOT worth the money. Maybe because he got some discount, so he only got some discounted HPs

I know the RUF 550HP Kit and this is quite an other story - no chance for my stock car keeping up with it....

Old 11-13-2008, 02:07 PM
997 GT3 RS/TT has a reputation beyond repute997 GT3 RS/TT has a reputation beyond repute997 GT3 RS/TT has a reputation beyond repute997 GT3 RS/TT has a reputation beyond repute997 GT3 RS/TT has a reputation beyond repute997 GT3 RS/TT has a reputation beyond repute997 GT3 RS/TT has a reputation beyond repute997 GT3 RS/TT has a reputation beyond repute997 GT3 RS/TT has a reputation beyond repute997 GT3 RS/TT has a reputation beyond repute997 GT3 RS/TT has a reputation beyond repute
why sportec ecu? There is some guys in Germany specialized in ecu tuning, they work for most of tuning companys.
with good exhaust and program you will have 550PS on maha dyno.

Last edited by 997 GT3 RS/TT; 11-13-2008 at 02:13 PM.
Old 11-13-2008, 02:34 PM
GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by AWW
We have tuned multiple 997 turbos w/the sport tech ecu upgrade. Very noticable difference. after the tune they are much faster than a stock turbo. w/exhaust w/cats they produce 35 more hp.
35Hp gain is all you get with an ECU tune and exhaust? You sure about that? If so, not worth the money if you ask me. I got a lot more hp than that with the EVOMSit ECU and AWE Exhaust.

Old 11-13-2008, 03:29 PM
kilrgt is a splendid one to beholdkilrgt is a splendid one to beholdkilrgt is a splendid one to beholdkilrgt is a splendid one to beholdkilrgt is a splendid one to beholdkilrgt is a splendid one to beholdkilrgt is a splendid one to behold
I just test drove a FVD Stage II 997 TT on Monday, this included a air filter and an exhaust, It was VERY fast, I can say that it felt faster then when my 996 TT was a K24/k26.Now no chance , but I have to say the 997 felt VERY,VERY fast for what it was.Why dont you look into the FVD setup.here is a link for info.....and no i dont work for them
http://shop.fvd.de/us/en/Porsche-0/9...997-Turbo.html

Old 11-13-2008, 03:50 PM
gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by GotBoost?
35Hp gain is all you get with an ECU tune and exhaust? You sure about that? If so, not worth the money if you ask me. I got a lot more hp than that with the EVOMSit ECU and AWE Exhaust.
A conservative flash on a car with stock exhaust might only throw down 35hp due to EGT buildup being choked by the stock pipes. But yes, my EVOMSit tune + exhaust I feel is throwing down double that and then some.

Old 11-13-2008, 04:42 PM
im talking about this tune SPORTEC, because theres a dealer from SPORTEC here in brazil so i just send the ECU to him, i will not to send it to another country for example...

it very easy to me, i know sportec is a reliable tuner so thats the thing...

ANOTHER important question, how will work SPORT ON/OFF?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: sportec ECU?