997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Stig Lap GT-R vs 911 GT2

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-16-2008, 04:54 AM
Banned
Trommel is infamous around these parts
The GT-R was speed-limited - that's why there's an asterisk next to the time.

Old 11-17-2008, 03:57 AM
monaroCountry is infamous around these parts
The track is a short and tight track.......the GTR should have excelled. Also if it was a JDM GTR then it would have had a better tuning than those sold in Australia. Australian cars are normally detuned to cope with worse 91 octane fuel.

Old 11-17-2008, 04:13 AM
Banned
Trommel is infamous around these parts
blah blah blah ...

Old 11-18-2008, 09:03 AM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by jaeS4
BTW, with "45hp" more and 700lbs lighter i'm surprise that it only beat it by 2.5 seconds.

HAHAHAHAHAHHAAHHAHAHAAHHHAAHAHAHA

I thought the GT-R was underrated and had 540-570 hp (both of which more than the GT2). You swear up and down for pages on end that Nissan lied about the hp etc etc and then pull this stunt.

Oh my goodness, selective use of information FOR THE LOSS!!!!!!!!

Old 11-18-2008, 09:08 AM
jaeS4 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by heavychevy
HAHAHAHAHAHHAAHHAHAHAAHHHAAHAHAHA

I thought the GT-R was underrated and had 540-570 hp (both of which more than the GT2). You swear up and down for pages on end that Nissan lied about the hp etc etc and then pull this stunt.

Oh my goodness, selective use of information FOR THE LOSS!!!!!!!!
That's why i did this "45", because it's questionable. I guess you didn't get that, which i'm not surprise considering your lack of comprehension. But it is still a suprise to me that it's only 2.5 seconds considering how much heavier the GTR is by 700lbs even if it is making 540hp or more. BTW, you never responded to my post back in the "Nissan accused of lying" thread. What happened? Have you started inserting, if not, please do.

Old 11-18-2008, 09:20 AM
UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !
I want mine in White!

Old 11-18-2008, 09:31 AM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
That's why i did this "45", because it's questionable. I guess you didn't get that, which i'm not surprise considering your lack of comprehension. But it is still a suprise to me that it's only 2.5 seconds considering how much heavier the GTR is by 700lbs even if it is making 540hp or more. BTW, you never responded to my post back in the "Nissan accused of lying" thread. What happened? Have you started inserting, if not, please do.
Dont even try to cover that up. YOU FIRMLY BELEIVE THE GT-R IS 540-570 HP. But you try to use that "45" hp to support your point. You are full of it.

Besides, it's barely over a minute long on the lap, the time gaps arent going to be big.

Look at racing and see how much closer GT cars are to LMP cars on 50-1:00 laps compared to 2:00 minute laps. The gap goes from 10 seconds to 5 and there is a much bigger deficit in those groups. Your lack of track knowledge is only showing more and more.

Old 11-18-2008, 09:40 AM
Dont even try to cover that up. YOU FIRMLY BELEIVE THE GT-R IS 540-570 HP. But you try to use that "45" hp to support your point. You are full of it.

Besides, it's barely over a minute long on the lap, the time gaps arent going to be big.

Look at racing and see how much closer GT cars are to LMP cars on 50-1:00 laps compared to 2:00 minute laps. The gap goes from 10 seconds to 5 and there is a much bigger deficit in those groups. Your lack of track knowledge is only showing more and more.
Nope, don't have to cover it up at all. Why else would i do this "45". Everyone knows that when you do "this", it usually means it either questionable or suspicious. You don't have to believe me and i could care less either. But yes, the GTR that ran in The Ring was probably making at least 540hp and as much as 575hp which what Swamp2 concluded in his analysis which i truly believe as well and so did you. The GTR's that you would get from the dealers are probably not making as much but still under-rated base on all of the dyno's that i've seen and base on all of the people that have tested them on the dyno's that probably knows more about dyno testing and results than you.

Old 11-18-2008, 09:42 AM

BTW, i only said that the GTR that did the 7:29 in The Ring was probably making 540hp to 570hp, just to clarify that, because you have a tendecy to misquote everyone and spin things around the wrong way.

Old 11-18-2008, 09:51 AM
BTW, i only said that the GTR that did the 7:29 in The Ring was probably making 540hp to 570hp, just to clarify that, because you have a tendecy to misquote everyone and spin things around the wrong way.
If only the ring GT-R's had 540-570 then why are you using owners and motortrends dynos with your bogus drivetrain loss number to support your claim?

Here you go lying again. You directly used dynos provide by people who own GT-R's and motortrend and converted them to 540-570 hp using your figures.

I dont need to spin your words, you are confused enough as it is.

Old 11-18-2008, 09:51 AM
911TurboS2 has a spectacular aura about911TurboS2 has a spectacular aura about911TurboS2 has a spectacular aura about
jae-

Sorry, but "The ironic use of quotation marks is very much overdone, and is usually a sign of laziness indicating that the writer has not bothered to find the precise word or expression necessary." from the Oxford English Dictionary.

Sorry for the tangent.

Old 11-18-2008, 09:57 AM
ztnedman1 is a splendid one to beholdztnedman1 is a splendid one to beholdztnedman1 is a splendid one to beholdztnedman1 is a splendid one to beholdztnedman1 is a splendid one to beholdztnedman1 is a splendid one to beholdztnedman1 is a splendid one to behold
I love when people backtrack.

Old 11-18-2008, 10:15 AM
If only the ring GT-R's had 540-570 then why are you using owners and motortrends dynos with your bogus drivetrain loss number to support your claim?

Here you go lying again. You directly used dynos provide by people who own GT-R's and motortrend and converted them to 540-570 hp using your figures.

I dont need to spin your words, you are confused enough as it is.
That is true in the begining, but i did eventually concieved that the GTR's you'll get from the dealers are probably around 540hp only. I'm using Swamps analysis on the GTR that did 7:29 that probably has at least 540 if not more which again you did not dispute and ageed with him as well.

Old 11-18-2008, 10:17 AM
Originally Posted by 911TurboS2
jae-

Sorry, but "The ironic use of quotation marks is very much overdone, and is usually a sign of laziness indicating that the writer has not bothered to find the precise word or expression necessary." from the Oxford English Dictionary.

Sorry for the tangent.
I could've posted "if the GTR is making 540hp or more", but i didn't feel the need to since i have expressed it more than enough time that i think the GTR is well under-rated. But yes, i was being lazy.

Old 11-18-2008, 11:33 AM
ALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to behold
I saw some stock dyno's and it was around 380-388 to the wheels - what does that translate to?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Stig Lap GT-R vs 911 GT2