997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Stig Lap GT-R vs 911 GT2

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-18-2008, 11:39 AM
jaeS4 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by ALPINE_997
I saw some stock dyno's and it was around 380-388 to the wheels - what does that translate to?
It was probably only running on 4 cylinders. That's the lowest i've heard of, i've only seen and heard of as low as 430whp.

Old 11-18-2008, 12:42 PM
ALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to behold
I was expecting more...I was there for the runs.

Old 11-18-2008, 01:13 PM
jaeS4 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by ALPINE_997
I was expecting more...I was there for the runs.
I can see how Turbos can be tempermental especially in hot humid weather or depending on altitude as well, but 388 is quite low. If you calculate to 20% that's exactly 485hp, and at 10% which is doubtful, it is only at 431hp. I'd be pisst if i was the owner of that particular GTR.

Old 11-18-2008, 02:43 PM
Nthusiastt is a splendid one to beholdNthusiastt is a splendid one to beholdNthusiastt is a splendid one to beholdNthusiastt is a splendid one to beholdNthusiastt is a splendid one to beholdNthusiastt is a splendid one to beholdNthusiastt is a splendid one to behold
.......... seriously.....

"Nissan you know what to do, give us a car with out a speed limiter so we can sort this thing out once and for all"

Doesn't seem like there was much a point to this competition in the first place. It's a au car with a governor vs. a gt2 w/o one.

Old 11-18-2008, 03:00 PM
jpcourt is just really nicejpcourt is just really nicejpcourt is just really nicejpcourt is just really nicejpcourt is just really nice
Originally Posted by jaeS4
BTW, with "45hp" more and 700lbs lighter i'm surprise that it only beat it by 2.5 seconds.
On a short track like that one 2.5 seconds is big.

Old 11-18-2008, 03:06 PM
20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute
can really see the weight difference between them in turns...

Old 11-18-2008, 03:49 PM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
This makes the fake phony british tests that were conducted prior to US release even that more laughable because the GT-R still had the limiter on it, but they drifted the TT around so the GT-R would win.

Old 11-18-2008, 04:39 PM
Banned
HUGH JASS has a spectacular aura aboutHUGH JASS has a spectacular aura about
Uh oh. This thread is going to cannibalize posts from the "GTR cheat" thread. . GT2 in black is insane.

Old 11-19-2008, 04:15 AM
Banned
Trommel is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by heavychevy
This makes the fake phony british tests that were conducted prior to US release even that more laughable because the GT-R still had the limiter on it, but they drifted the TT around so the GT-R would win.
Please give just one credible reason why this would have happened.

Drivers Republic have had a GT2 and GT-R at the 'Ring - rumour has it the GT2 was much quicker. How does that fit in with your conspiracy theories?

Old 11-19-2008, 05:23 AM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Trommel
Please give just one credible reason why this would have happened.

Drivers Republic have had a GT2 and GT-R at the 'Ring - rumour has it the GT2 was much quicker. How does that fit in with your conspiracy theories?

The tests that I've been complaining about for the longest, Car magazine and I think Evo too, where the TT and GT3 were drifting around the circuits were tested against GT-R's with limiters on them. Not only were they drifting and the GT-R not, but on circuits where the speeds should have exceeded 112 mph rather easily.

Old 11-19-2008, 05:29 AM
Banned
For the millionth time - what you see in the video is not necessarily the fastest lap. They want page views and nice, neat driving doesn't always get that.

It's a bit like the Top Gear laps - they cobble together the most entertaining bits from all the laps.

Why on earth would they wilfully prejudice the result?

Old 11-19-2008, 06:05 AM
Originally Posted by Trommel
For the millionth time - what you see in the video is not necessarily the fastest lap. They want page views and nice, neat driving doesn't always get that.

It's a bit like the Top Gear laps - they cobble together the most entertaining bits from all the laps.

Why on earth would they wilfully prejudice the result?

For the millionth time, with simply minor experience you can tell the difference between a show lap, a warmup lap and a fast lap. Dont try that nonsense with me. It's clear in the videos which are the fast laps.

In fact Evo had the in car video going during the fast lap, you could see the guy missing apexes. And when he came across the finish line (sideways) you can see a guy standing on the side recording, and they show the outside view from this guy and the GT3 had a cloud of smoke behind it from where he drifted 50 from the last turn through the finish line.

Like I said, it's too easy to see to anyone who kows how to freaking drive.

Old 11-19-2008, 06:12 AM
Banned
Explain why they would fudge a result and thereby completely destroy their credibility.

All your talk of "apexing" makes you sound like someone who once read a Bob Bondurant "how to" guide in 1982. Perhaps evo should employ you as chief tester instead of people with huge experience on both road and track.

Old 11-19-2008, 07:01 AM
Has their credibility been destroyed? Nope.

The media has been lying and manipulating since, well forever. As long as they can get away with it they will. C&D still hasnt admitted that their trap speed for the GT-R @ 124 was from a miscalculated altitude adjustment. And no credibility loss there either becuase the large majority of people are too ignorant to tell otherwise.

Apexing is a fundamental of driving on a road course. Why wouldnt I talk about apexing in relation to a TRACK DRIVING VIDEO? Any amatuer can recognize driving that bad. The video from Evo was some of the worst driving I've ever seen in a GT3, and there are several people who agree with me. You obviously dont have much of a clue about it since you have a problem with me using proper track launguage in reference to the subject.

You can defend it till you're blue in the face, but anyone who knows how to drive properly on track can see that was **** poor driving in the GT3.

Old 11-19-2008, 07:08 AM
Banned
Originally Posted by heavychevy
The media has been lying and manipulating since, well forever. As long as they can get away with it they will.
Explain why every car magazine on the planet is guilty of this, but only with one particular car.

How much is Nissan paying them?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Stig Lap GT-R vs 911 GT2