997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

sport chrono package!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-20-2008, 05:49 PM
ramzisleiman is infamous around these parts
Cool

Originally Posted by PorschePhd
Chronometer doesn't move. You just have to have that as part of the option. The arrow on the dash should light. Is it?

Which Arrow do u mean ?? How come the Chronometer doesnt move?.. shouldnt it count the 10 seconds ? ?? :S how do i know im in the 10 seconds of overboost?!.

Old 11-20-2008, 07:06 PM
HUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by ramzisleiman
Which Arrow do u mean ?? How come the Chronometer doesnt move?.. shouldnt it count the 10 seconds ? ?? :S how do i know im in the 10 seconds of overboost?!.
The answers to your questions are all answered in the owners manual. If for some reason you did not get one with the car go to your dealer and order one. Then read it thoroughly cover to cover.

Old 11-20-2008, 08:34 PM
gretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond repute
Larry is right, you can find specifics in your owners manual. You can drive with the sport button on all the time (many of us do) and you should feel the additional torque noticeably. The chronometer is turned on through your computer (go through the functions and you will find it). You have to actually go in and turn it on.

Old 11-20-2008, 10:08 PM
PorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond repute
The sport chrono gauge has nothing to do with the system turning on.

Old 11-21-2008, 10:43 AM
jlingk is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by fsu-997tt
what gets me is why a $130k "sports" car even needs a "sport" button in the first place.....
:d +2

Old 11-24-2008, 05:40 PM
TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !
Overboost

Originally Posted by docjackson1
just an aside-while looking for a 997tt, i first looked at some low mileage used 997tt. i located a beautiful 08 that had no sports chrono turbo on it. i obviously walked away from it-i just can't figure out why anyone would consider ordering a turbo without the sports chrono and give up the sportier acceleration and overboost. i think it should be standard-if you buy an ultra high performance car like a turbo, why would you not get it's maximum potential. second, what do you people think that the abscence of the option would take away from it's resale-i would think at least $10,000. i personally wouldn't touch a car without it. any of you disagree?

One reason is you can save the $ and upgrade your ECU which will make the overboost button obsolete, which it should be in this day and age.

Old 11-25-2008, 12:28 AM
docjackson1 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by TTdude
One reason is you can save the $ and upgrade your ECU which will make the overboost button obsolete, which it should be in this day and age.
dude-only problem is the ecu flash might force you to void your warranty, where the chrono wouldn't. i agree with you though, the button should be obsolete-the function should be standard in the turbo. it should also be standard in the non-turbo. you obviously buy a car like this for performance. there should be no confusion as to whether you want to run with the hot set up or not. i am just wondering how much money the absence of a sport button on a turbo would cost you on resale. the lightly used 08 that i found without the chrono was a beautiful car-it was a grey car with deviated stitching. it only had about 1000 miles, but interestingly enough, the dealer wanted almost full list for the car (2-3 months ago-different market). when i brought up the missing chrono, he was unwilling to discount. i didn't want to touch a turbo that didn't have one. i am just wondering how much a missing chrono would take off the value of a car.

Old 11-25-2008, 07:56 AM
PorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond repute
To program the ECU doesn't make the sport button void. That all depends on how it is programed. To be honest when these cars first came out the lack of programs and the resell was a problem if you didn't have sport chrono. I can tell you that there is no resell on these cars right now and those that are buying are looking for a screaming deal. The cars without sport chrono will bring a little less but with the programs we have now you aren't really missing that much.

Old 11-25-2008, 09:59 AM
TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !
Sport Chrono

Doc and Professor, Agreed. It all depends on the intention. I'm planning to keep my wheels for a while so I decided to do an ECU upgrade and exhaust over the holidays. No doubt will do more mods as time progresses. I didn't purchase the sport chrono option because of this and with the intention that the overboost can (and should) be controlled electronically. I'm not good at pushing buttons except for my wife's . In any event, at least you can try to use the lack of a sport chrono package as bargaining chip. Best wishes with finding the right Pcar.