997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Drivers Republic GT2 v GTR around the Nurburgring

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-21-2008, 04:22 PM
monaroCountry is infamous around these parts
Drivers Republic GT2 v GTR around the Nurburgring

<o></o>
GT2 - 7:49<o></o>
GTR - 7:55.9<o></o>
<o></o>
"so we left the Ring on the close of the second day, the GT2 was the daddy"<o></o>

<o></o>
PORSCHE GT2
“Given the times we set were both some-way off the manufacturers’ claims, how do we feel about those claims? Well, Walter’s time is 17-seconds faster than this, and having experienced the GT2 at full-afterburner, I have no doubt that the car will achieve that time. I could show you where I’ve lost five seconds on just a handful of sections.<o>

</o>
NISSAN GTR
“could the Nissan really go 27-seconds faster? I just don’t know…but I just don’t see where another 27-seconds comes from with the car I drove. I felt that I came much closer to extracting the maximum performance of the Nissan on this single-flying-lap challenge than I did the Porsche.
<o></o>

FINAL
“But be in no doubt, when we left the Ring on the close of the second day, the GT2 was the daddy. We did the times and the Porsche won.”
<o>

</o> http://magazines.drivers-republic.co...c/thetruth030/

Old 11-21-2008, 05:41 PM
Banned
Trommel is infamous around these parts
Bring on the selective quotes and trolling!

Old 11-21-2008, 07:35 PM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
Trolling is your job, and you do it just fine.

Old 11-21-2008, 07:41 PM
SoCalCFP is infamous around these parts
let me drive the cars. my times will be under one minute. why? i will crash in the first turn. but, p car still wins.

Old 11-21-2008, 07:42 PM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
Did we really need 3 different threads on this article?

Old 11-21-2008, 07:43 PM
Originally Posted by bbywu
NO. can we drive this track?

Old 11-21-2008, 07:50 PM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by bbywu

Not really, but it sure is fun though. They can merge this one and Monaro's. I just felt the need to post a different one than the controversial one from a Porsche engineer.

I think people were really starting to beleive the GT-R was a match for the GT2. The record needed to be set straight.

Old 11-21-2008, 07:52 PM
Originally Posted by heavychevy
Not really, but it sure is fun though. They can merge this one and Monaro's. I just felt the need to post a different one than the controversial one from a Porsche engineer.

I think people were really starting to beleive the GT-R was a match for the GT2. The record needed to be set straight.

i still think the turbo is superior to the gtr, let alone the gtr.

Old 11-21-2008, 08:14 PM
Me too.

Old 11-21-2008, 10:51 PM
TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !
Can't wait for another 100 pages, and the turbo is still faster.

Old 11-21-2008, 11:24 PM
lintc0532 has a reputation beyond reputelintc0532 has a reputation beyond reputelintc0532 has a reputation beyond reputelintc0532 has a reputation beyond reputelintc0532 has a reputation beyond reputelintc0532 has a reputation beyond reputelintc0532 has a reputation beyond reputelintc0532 has a reputation beyond reputelintc0532 has a reputation beyond reputelintc0532 has a reputation beyond reputelintc0532 has a reputation beyond repute
Test drove a GTR last week,with ECU tune and exhaust,nothing impresive at all..

Old 11-21-2008, 11:25 PM
lintc0532 has a reputation beyond reputelintc0532 has a reputation beyond reputelintc0532 has a reputation beyond reputelintc0532 has a reputation beyond reputelintc0532 has a reputation beyond reputelintc0532 has a reputation beyond reputelintc0532 has a reputation beyond reputelintc0532 has a reputation beyond reputelintc0532 has a reputation beyond reputelintc0532 has a reputation beyond reputelintc0532 has a reputation beyond repute
and I think the GT-R's interior is way too cheap...Obvis jdm quality.

Old 11-22-2008, 05:29 AM
ALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by lintc0532
and I think the GT-R's interior is way too cheap...Obvis jdm quality.

Don't let QUAKER see you post this about the GTR interior. He will tell you that leather "clad" interior of the Porsche is no match for the GTR's superior interior and PS3 gadgets..

Old 11-22-2008, 08:18 AM
Vladcanada is a glorious beacon of lightVladcanada is a glorious beacon of lightVladcanada is a glorious beacon of lightVladcanada is a glorious beacon of lightVladcanada is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by monaroCountry
<O></O>
GT2 - 7:49<O></O>
GTR - 7:55.9<O></O>
<O></O>
"so we left the Ring on the close of the second day, the GT2 was the daddy"<O></O>

<O></O>
PORSCHE GT2
“Given the times we set were both some-way off the manufacturers’ claims, how do we feel about those claims? Well, Walter’s time is 17-seconds faster than this, and having experienced the GT2 at full-afterburner, I have no doubt that the car will achieve that time. I could show you where I’ve lost five seconds on just a handful of sections.<O>

</O>
NISSAN GTR
“could the Nissan really go 27-seconds faster? I just don’t know…but I just don’t see where another 27-seconds comes from with the car I drove. I felt that I came much closer to extracting the maximum performance of the Nissan on this single-flying-lap challenge than I did the Porsche.
<O></O>

FINAL
“But be in no doubt, when we left the Ring on the close of the second day, the GT2 was the daddy. We did the times and the Porsche won.”
<O>

</O>http://magazines.drivers-republic.co...c/thetruth030/

they cant drive for **** lol They should attend Nissan driving school , oh and spec v gtr would be much better comparison with gt2?

Old 11-22-2008, 09:09 AM
Guy
Guy has a brilliant futureGuy has a brilliant futureGuy has a brilliant futureGuy has a brilliant futureGuy has a brilliant futureGuy has a brilliant futureGuy has a brilliant futureGuy has a brilliant futureGuy has a brilliant futureGuy has a brilliant futureGuy has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by lintc0532
Test drove a GTR last week,with ECU tune and exhaust,nothing impresive at all..
Did you drive any corners? I mean properly drive full-on, like a racetrack.

The reason I say that is I've driven a GTR on track and I agree it's not impressive in a straight-line, but where it is impressive is in the dynamics/corners.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Drivers Republic GT2 v GTR around the Nurburgring