997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

PSS10 vs KW Variant 3...which is better ???

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-24-2008, 10:03 AM
Green Turbo is a splendid one to beholdGreen Turbo is a splendid one to beholdGreen Turbo is a splendid one to beholdGreen Turbo is a splendid one to beholdGreen Turbo is a splendid one to beholdGreen Turbo is a splendid one to beholdGreen Turbo is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by GT RUS
Been told by some guys here...that KWs will kill me here...car will jump all over the place on bumpy roads...

8-10k seems a lot...compared to PSS10 2.5k...how diff is PSS10 to KWs ???
Thats the price with the HLS. If you get just the regular KW V3 they will be similar in price with the PSS10. I am not sure why guy sare telling you your car will jump all over the place. Both suspensions are fully adjustable.

Old 11-24-2008, 10:31 AM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
Motons are for track...I need to street mainly and bad roads )))
If you are mainly on the street and bad roads, KWs are overkill. Bilstein's for that matter, are overkill. You should just use decent springs.

Old 11-24-2008, 12:06 PM
TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !
Anythng less than motons will never satisfy you. Come on, you know you want 'em!

Old 11-24-2008, 12:52 PM
GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !
If you want real performance, Motons, JRZ, or Ohlins is the way to go. For aggressive street driving, I think you'll be fine with some springs and sways like the GMG or Champion setup.

Old 11-24-2008, 12:54 PM
GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !
The HLS is a cool feature, but way too pricey IMO. The HLS system cost more than the coilover unit themselves. Ridiculous..... Not worth the money.

Old 11-24-2008, 04:19 PM
Green Turbo is a splendid one to beholdGreen Turbo is a splendid one to beholdGreen Turbo is a splendid one to beholdGreen Turbo is a splendid one to beholdGreen Turbo is a splendid one to beholdGreen Turbo is a splendid one to beholdGreen Turbo is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by GotBoost?
The HLS is a cool feature, but way too pricey IMO. The HLS system cost more than the coilover unit themselves. Ridiculous..... Not worth the money.
I agree its on the more expensive side, but for me it will pay off in the long run. Constantly replacing my carbon fiber techart gt front splitter is COSTLY.

If you have a budget I would recommend this option as it just makes driving a lowered Porsche so much easier.

Last edited by Green Turbo; 11-24-2008 at 04:28 PM.
Old 11-24-2008, 05:49 PM
atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by TT Surgeon
Motons and be done with it, that's my opinion.
Yet ironically you didn't get Motons.

Seriously aside, I have the Bilsteins and couldn't be happier with the results. Very well balanced and is PASM compatible so there's no issues with having to get reprogramming done, etc. Bilstein is the OEM provider for the stock components so they knew exactly what they were doing when they developed the Damptronics.

Old 11-24-2008, 06:09 PM
TT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant future
If you want to get serious check out the Penske or H&R racing coil overs( not the street stuff). H&R is a long time factory supplier too.

Last edited by TT Gasman; 11-24-2008 at 08:46 PM.
Old 11-24-2008, 06:13 PM
TT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant future
Then if you really want to get crazy change out to monoballs and solid bushings everywhere. Not just a few droplinks but everything. And pick up a few sets of Hoosier R6s......

Last edited by TT Gasman; 11-24-2008 at 08:46 PM.
Old 11-28-2008, 04:30 PM
socalmr is infamous around these parts
kw is the way to go!

Old 11-28-2008, 08:57 PM
luiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud of
I have KW HLS not yet installed and they look really nice If they had PASM they will be the perfect street setup.

Old 11-29-2008, 06:07 AM
GT RUS is just really niceGT RUS is just really niceGT RUS is just really niceGT RUS is just really niceGT RUS is just really nice
Been told that KWs qality is better then Blisteins...

Need aftermarket suspension which is fully adjustable for the car to be stable under WOT...still thinking and I want HLS functions for sure but if its too expansive then I might pass...not 100% sure yet...

Does Onhlins makes suspesion package for 997 TT as well ???

Old 11-29-2008, 10:35 AM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
Been told that KWs qality is better then Blisteins...
Untrue. There's a reason why Bilstein's were picked to be OEM designers for many European manufacturers.

Are KW's beefier, stronger, capable of greater performance than Damptronics...yes. But that's because they are designed to do so...it has nothing to do with quality.

That's like saying KW's are lower quality than Motons.

Last edited by bbywu; 11-29-2008 at 10:38 AM.
Old 11-29-2008, 09:49 PM
Former Vendor
AutoTalent2 is a name known to allAutoTalent2 is a name known to allAutoTalent2 is a name known to allAutoTalent2 is a name known to allAutoTalent2 is a name known to allAutoTalent2 is a name known to all
Comparing the base material alone, KW is better as stainless steel construction is utilized versus the standard galvanized steel (prone to rust & corrosion from salty air). The composite spring perches manufactured by KW which was independently tested by AMG engineers before approving the contract was found to be at least 4x stronger than a standard metal perch. Construction of the components can be argued to death so that will be left alone for now.

Bilstein is an OE manufacture for regular replacement shocks.

KW coilovers is actually the first aftermarket company used on regular production vehicles (excluding Ferrari,Lamborghini...), Mercedes-Benz CLK-Black Series then most notably the Dodge Viper ACR are what come to mind. The ACR Viper currently holds the fastest 'Ring' lap time.

Valving by KW is not rough by any means, one can personalize both low-speed independent rebound (18) plus compression (14) settings while the Bilstein Damptronic only offers 2 settings (on or off). Don't rule KW out for the roads of Russia or any country. Just spend some time adjusting them till you are happy

For more information:

KW Variant 3
http://kw-suspension.com/en/30_Produ...nt_3/index.php

Salt Spray Test
http://kw-suspension.com/en/20_Techn...Test/index.php

7-Post Rig (VERY SERIOUS EQUIPMENT)
http://kw-suspension.com/en/20_Techn...-Rig/index.php

In the KW catalog, there is a Formula 1 car being tested

Last edited by AutoTalent2; 11-29-2008 at 09:52 PM.
Old 11-29-2008, 09:51 PM
atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !
Actually, if I understand things correctly, the new ZR-1 beat the ACR Viper recently.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: PSS10 vs KW Variant 3...which is better ???