997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Leather door side sills

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-26-2008, 03:38 PM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
Leather door side sills

Look what UPS delivered today!

Attached Images   
Old 11-26-2008, 03:44 PM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
Tools needed, 5mm allen wrench, T20 torx driver.

Passenger side...

1. remove the rubber cover, and unscrew a single torx screw.
2. give the trim a yank upward and the entire piece will pull out from 6 trim retainers.

Attached Images      
Old 11-26-2008, 03:46 PM
3. replace the trim, line it up, and push down to re-insert. the new trim includes replacement plastic retaining clips just in case you broke them. tighten the torx screw and you are done...

Attached Images  
Old 11-26-2008, 03:53 PM
4. driver side, pop out the plastic plugs

5. remove 5mm hex screws - note the position of the seat - to insert the allen wrench requires a little bit of wiggle room.

6. give the trim a pull, then unclasp the wiring harness.

7. installation is in the reverse.

Attached Images      
Old 11-26-2008, 03:54 PM
final product:

Attached Images   
Old 11-26-2008, 05:31 PM
Luc15 is a jewel in the roughLuc15 is a jewel in the roughLuc15 is a jewel in the rough
that looks good! where did you get it and is it Tequipment??

Old 11-26-2008, 05:50 PM
Suncoast - ordered online. Steve and the guys offer decent prices and great service.

Old 11-26-2008, 06:05 PM
Luc15 is a jewel in the roughLuc15 is a jewel in the roughLuc15 is a jewel in the rough
thanks...

Old 11-26-2008, 07:51 PM
nyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud of
Looks great

Old 11-26-2008, 09:53 PM
GEE-BEE is a glorious beacon of lightGEE-BEE is a glorious beacon of lightGEE-BEE is a glorious beacon of lightGEE-BEE is a glorious beacon of lightGEE-BEE is a glorious beacon of lightGEE-BEE is a glorious beacon of light
Thumbs up Leather with dev

This is one of the best options next to door finishers and Defroster vent in leather with Dev.

GEE-BEE

Old 11-26-2008, 09:55 PM
Originally Posted by GEE-BEE
This is one of the best options next to door finishers and Defroster vent in leather with Dev.

GEE-BEE
Thanks for all the kind words. It was really pretty easy to do, a little pricey, but I wished I had ordered it that way from the factory.

Old 11-27-2008, 02:08 AM
gradyex is infamous around these partsgradyex is infamous around these parts
Looks great! Now you need to be more careful getting in and out so lift those shoes. The leather is a bit more delicate but looks 10x better. I have to remind some passengers also but they seem to be more careful than I. The first couple of months I had to train myself but I left a few minor scars. Now I am more careful about entering and exiting. Gives the cars interior a richer look and is worth the extra care IMO.

Old 11-27-2008, 11:02 AM
Originally Posted by gradyex
Looks great! Now you need to be more careful getting in and out so lift those shoes. The leather is a bit more delicate but looks 10x better. I have to remind some passengers also but they seem to be more careful than I. The first couple of months I had to train myself but I left a few minor scars. Now I am more careful about entering and exiting. Gives the cars interior a richer look and is worth the extra care IMO.
Thank you...and I agree. I'm usually careful about getting in and out...but my passengers...it kind of makes me a little paranoid.

Old 11-27-2008, 03:29 PM
Steve911S is infamous around these parts
How much was the parts if you dont mind me asking?

Will they fit a 997 S?

Old 11-27-2008, 03:49 PM
Originally Posted by Steve911S
How much was the parts if you dont mind me asking?

Will they fit a 997 S?
They should fit any 997.

Pricecs at Suncoast...http://e-partssales.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Leather door side sills