997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Best 997 TT exhaust.......

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-10-2009, 04:43 PM
Linko4 has a spectacular aura aboutLinko4 has a spectacular aura aboutLinko4 has a spectacular aura about
Rhonda@FVD, Wow I love the sound, great clip man.

milou, Cool toys you got there. Any clips?

Old 03-10-2009, 05:21 PM
Banned
997ttguru is a name known to all997ttguru is a name known to all997ttguru is a name known to all997ttguru is a name known to all997ttguru is a name known to all997ttguru is a name known to all
That's just awesome. But a little too pricey
Originally Posted by Rhonda@FVD
997GT3RS/TT,

The tips are actually not empty holes...

Here are the performance gains...

If anyone is interested in more information on Akrapovic Exhausts just pm me.

Old 03-11-2009, 12:57 AM
milou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Linko4

Linko4,

I will post some videos as soon as the weather allows me to.

My profile pic is not my car, i found it difficult to upload camera pis, so i uploaded the Gemballa avalanche 850

Old 03-11-2009, 04:31 AM
Premium Sponsor
Rhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Linko4

Thanks Linko4,

The sound is much better in person!!

Rhonda

Contact me directly to get the latest FVD forum member discount!

Rhonda Roxburgh
+1-954-571-2050 x 1
rhonda.roxburgh@fvd.net

Visit our online shop for an extensive selection of tuning and original parts www.fvd.net

Old 03-11-2009, 06:28 AM
Former Vendor
TPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond repute
Posted this in a thread about our new intercoolers... but here is our shop 997tt with a newer version of the europipe 997tt exhaust.

Attached Images  
Old 03-11-2009, 07:33 AM
Former Vendor
QuickSilver X is a jewel in the roughQuickSilver X is a jewel in the roughQuickSilver X is a jewel in the roughQuickSilver X is a jewel in the rough
The Best 997 TT Exhaust is QuickSilver

Our QuickSilver 'Titan' system made from Inconel and Titanium is undoubtedly the best 997 TT exhaust out there - period.
If you want to dissagree we will give you an arguement.

The QuickSilver ‘Titan’ exhaust is almost a third of the weight of the standard system – reduced by 18 kilos or 38.7 lbs.

This is a remarkable weight saving particularly as the catalyst cores & shells (weighing 3.5 kilos) comprise such a large proportion of the total weight.

Importantly this weight comes off the very rear of the car and so has a profound benefit to the balance and all aspects of performance.

This system is as close to an F1 system that exists. Utilising type 625 Inconel in .7mm and .9mm thickness for tube, silencer casing, muffler internals and thicker Inconel for the balance ’flex’, bands and flanges. The heat-shields are fabricated from .5mm Titanium.

Though Inconel does not carry any inherent weight advantage over stainless steel it’s superior strength allows less (thinner) material to be used.

Plus, Inconel’s superior durability to extreme heat make it a much better material for Turbocharged and Motorsports applications – Which is why Inconel (and not Titanium) is used for F1, Indycars, Le Mans, NASCAR and just about all the top formulae.

To hear the system please see this video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QVodEWjsGZk

Please click here for more info
http://www.quicksilverexhausts.com/p...asp?NewsID=179

<O</O<O</O<O</O<O</O
<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

Attached Images   

Last edited by QuickSilver X; 09-25-2009 at 01:50 AM. Reason: Links not working
Old 03-11-2009, 07:41 AM
jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by QuickSilver X
Our QuickSilver 'Titan' system made from Inconel and Titanium is undoubtedly the best 997 TT exhaust out there - period.
If you want to dissagree we will give you an arguement.

The QuickSilver ‘Titan’ exhaust is almost a third of the weight of the standard system – reduced by 18 kilos or 38.7 lbs.

This is a remarkable weight saving particularly as the catalyst cores & shells (weighing 3.5 kilos) comprise such a large proportion of the total weight.

Importantly this weight comes off the very rear of the car and so has a profound benefit to the balance and all aspects of performance.

This system is as close to an F1 system that exists. Utilising type 625 Inconel in .7mm and .9mm thickness for tube, silencer casing, muffler internals and thicker Inconel for the balance ’flex’, bands and flanges. The heat-shields are fabricated from .5mm Titanium.

Though Inconel does not carry any inherent weight advantage over stainless steel it’s superior strength allows less (thinner) material to be used.

Plus, Inconel’s superior durability to extreme heat make it a much better material for Turbocharged and Motorsports applications – Which is why Inconel (and not Titanium) is used for F1, Indycars, Le Mans, NASCAR and just about all the top formulae.

To hear the system please see this video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QVodEWjsGZk

Please click here for more info
http://www.quicksilverexhausts.com/p...asp?NewsID=179

<O</O<O</O<O</O<O</O
<!-- google_ad_section_end -->
More Info link doesn't work.

Old 03-11-2009, 07:46 AM
Former Vendor
QuickSilver X is a jewel in the roughQuickSilver X is a jewel in the roughQuickSilver X is a jewel in the roughQuickSilver X is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by jhbrennan
More Info link doesn't work.
Sorry Guys

Link now works

Chris

Old 03-11-2009, 08:37 AM
TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !
They all look pretty good. I currently have the Tubi on my car and the sound is second to none, perfect fitment and zero drone. I have heard the new EPs (?quiet/loud?) and they do sound pretty good, esp at WOT.

Old 03-11-2009, 03:06 PM
Linko4 has a spectacular aura aboutLinko4 has a spectacular aura aboutLinko4 has a spectacular aura about
Quicksilver X,

Great information there you had posted. That enough to explain the weight of the pipe and thrive of performance.

Old 05-04-2009, 03:30 PM
XSSSIVE is infamous around these parts
After reading all 10 pages of this thread, I still do not know which exhaust to buy.

I've been looking to upgrade my '07 997TT exhaust and ECU. It appears to me that everyone thinks their ECU flash and exhaust are the best.

Old 05-04-2009, 03:56 PM
InTheAir has much to be proud ofInTheAir has much to be proud ofInTheAir has much to be proud ofInTheAir has much to be proud ofInTheAir has much to be proud ofInTheAir has much to be proud ofInTheAir has much to be proud ofInTheAir has much to be proud of
I hear XSSSIVE.

I think I'm going with AWE and GIAC in the next week or two, 'cause "they're the best."

Old 05-04-2009, 04:07 PM
NeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond repute
how much does it cost with shipping to northern california?

Old 05-04-2009, 04:34 PM
XSSSIVE is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by InTheAir
I hear XSSSIVE.

I think I'm going with AWE and GIAC in the next week or two, 'cause "they're the best."
I'm leaning towards either the Switzer L2 or the EVOMS L2 package which includes the Fabspeed exhaust.

Of course, it may depend alot on price. I'm still shopping it around.

Old 09-24-2009, 05:24 PM
AlexM has a brilliant futureAlexM has a brilliant futureAlexM has a brilliant futureAlexM has a brilliant futureAlexM has a brilliant futureAlexM has a brilliant futureAlexM has a brilliant futureAlexM has a brilliant futureAlexM has a brilliant futureAlexM has a brilliant futureAlexM has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by QuickSilver X
Sorry Guys

Link now works

Chris
No, it doesn't! Fix again, please.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Best 997 TT exhaust.......