997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Best 997 TT exhaust.......

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-25-2009, 01:52 AM
Former Vendor
QuickSilver X is a jewel in the roughQuickSilver X is a jewel in the roughQuickSilver X is a jewel in the roughQuickSilver X is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by AlexM
No, it doesn't! Fix again, please.
Sorry guys it should work now.

Here is the Link again http://www.quicksilverexhausts.com/p...asp?NewsID=179

Last edited by QuickSilver X; 09-25-2009 at 06:04 AM.
Old 09-25-2009, 09:41 AM
Former Vendor
QuickSilver X is a jewel in the roughQuickSilver X is a jewel in the roughQuickSilver X is a jewel in the roughQuickSilver X is a jewel in the rough
The Akrapovic looks like a fine system. We have not experienced their Turbo exhaust, however, we have two of their 997 GT2 systems downstairs that customers have removed from their cars and replaced with QuickSilver > They are in the rack next to the Veyron exhausts.

The benefits of Our 'Titan' system are pretty well explained in our website:
> http://www.quicksilverexhausts.com/p...asp?NewsID=179<!-- google_ad_section_end --> .
If you want to ask any further detail questions I am happy to answer.

You say, 'Ti v Inconel which is a moot point'? Tell that to McLaren & Ferrari's F1 technicians - and the other F1 & Indycar teams who choose Inconel for it's appropriate properties.
You are right to imply that both Inconel and Titanium have their own applications. Titanium is lighter but Inconel is stronger & handles heat better. We use Inconel 625 on this system.
For further information on Inconel see: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inconel

Our 997 Turbo system is not a Race system. But we have exhausts on many racecars as a visit to our website will show: www.quicksilverexhausts.com

I think that may be confused about the welding. Our Titanium systems are welded in a tank but filled with pure Argon not water.

I see that you are in Santa Monica, I hear that GMG in Santa Ana had one of our 'Titan' 997 Turbo systems on the floor of their showroom recently. I recommend that you could spin down there and look for yourself, and I say this in the knowledge that for personality reasons they are unlikely to be complimentary - but that has nothing to do with the integrity of the product, which you may judge for yourself.

Old 09-25-2009, 10:10 AM
milou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by QuickSilver X
The Akrapovic looks like a fine system. We have not experienced their Turbo exhaust, however, we have two of their 997 GT2 systems downstairs that customers have removed from their cars and replaced with QuickSilver > They are in the rack next to the Veyron exhausts.

The benefits of Our 'Titan' system are pretty well explained in our website:
> http://www.quicksilverexhausts.com/p...asp?NewsID=179<!-- google_ad_section_end --> .
If you want to ask any further detail questions I am happy to answer.

You say, 'Ti v Inconel which is a moot point'? Tell that to McLaren & Ferrari's F1 technicians - and the other F1 & Indycar teams who choose Inconel for it's appropriate properties.
You are right to imply that both Inconel and Titanium have their own applications. Titanium is lighter but Inconel is stronger & handles heat better. We use Inconel 625 on this system.
For further information on Inconel see: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inconel

Our 997 Turbo system is not a Race system. But we have exhausts on many racecars as a visit to our website will show: www.quicksilverexhausts.com

I think that may be confused about the welding. Our Titanium systems are welded in a tank but filled with pure Argon not water.

I see that you are in Santa Monica, I hear that GMG in Santa Ana had one of our 'Titan' 997 Turbo systems on the floor of their showroom recently. I recommend that you could spin down there and look for yourself, and I say this in the knowledge that for personality reasons they are unlikely to be complimentary - but that has nothing to do with the integrity of the product, which you may judge for yourself.
Have you thought of selling those Akrapovic exhausts?

Old 09-25-2009, 11:21 AM
jiaim is a name known to alljiaim is a name known to alljiaim is a name known to alljiaim is a name known to alljiaim is a name known to alljiaim is a name known to all
the gt2 AFTERMARKETexhaust sold by akrapovic is far less restricted than the akrapovic gt2 STOCK exhaust.

Old 09-25-2009, 11:43 AM
dixie is a name known to alldixie is a name known to alldixie is a name known to alldixie is a name known to alldixie is a name known to alldixie is a name known to all
Here is a nice Europipe on a cabriolet

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G5sycPCW75E

Last edited by dixie; 09-25-2009 at 11:54 AM.
Old 09-25-2009, 01:37 PM
Banned
997FL Is a GOD !997FL Is a GOD !997FL Is a GOD !997FL Is a GOD !997FL Is a GOD !997FL Is a GOD !997FL Is a GOD !997FL Is a GOD !997FL Is a GOD !997FL Is a GOD !997FL Is a GOD !
Our recommendation at Rennsport-One is to go with Cargraphic or Tubi. Both are amazing solutions. Please contact me for our September specials.

Old 09-25-2009, 02:18 PM
milou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond repute
I also have the Europipe on my car and it sounds and performs very good

Old 09-29-2009, 10:17 AM
Former Vendor
StuartsPNB is a splendid one to beholdStuartsPNB is a splendid one to beholdStuartsPNB is a splendid one to beholdStuartsPNB is a splendid one to beholdStuartsPNB is a splendid one to beholdStuartsPNB is a splendid one to beholdStuartsPNB is a splendid one to behold
Thanks for posting the link, sounds mean!