997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Best 997 TT exhaust.......

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-18-2008, 12:29 AM
Banned
Neeeenja is a jewel in the roughNeeeenja is a jewel in the roughNeeeenja is a jewel in the rough
Can you Pm me on price for the ECU and titanium exhaust..

Old 12-18-2008, 06:16 AM
Former Vendor
TPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond repute
I can put up a sound clip sometime next monday. just got some new recording equipment and everything thing should be good by then!

Old 12-18-2008, 07:10 AM
nyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by jon@jic-magic
We have full titanium exhaust too. total wight 21lbs exhaust body only 11lbs.
here is GIAC new

New GIAC Version 2 software release for the 997TT...

Date: 10/3/2008

GIAC is proud to announce a new software version release for 997 Turbo applications. This new Version 2 software calibration updates and enhances the very popular GIAC 997TT program released in December of 2006. With 8 - 12 peak wheel torque, 5 - 15 wheel horsepower (temperature/ octane dependant) gain and more area under the curve over the previous version, existing customers will feel a significant difference and new customers will be elated. The peak boost level hits 1.4 bar with 1.2 bar of pressure throughout the upper RPM range. With the right combination of intake and exhaust, this program can yield gains on pump gas of up to 88 horsepower and 78 foot-lbs of torque over the stock program. When coupled with an exhaust upgrade the new programs maintain exhaust gas temperatures and knock correction that is very close to that of a completely stock 997Turbo.

The attachment plots three dyno runs:
  • 997TT (manual transmission, M7 intake, JIC titanium exhausts (larger than three inch), GIAC's Version 1 software.
  • 997TT (manual transmission, M7 intake, JIC titanium exhausts (larger than three inch), GIAC's newly released Version 2 software)
  • Stock 997TT (manual, stock set up)
All runs used 91 octane fuel.

For more information on our 997 turbo calibrations click here.

JON
Anyway we can heear this exhaust??

Old 12-18-2008, 09:11 AM
Premium Sponsor
Rhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by 997 GT3 RS/TT
I prefer bigger pipes and don't like empty hole in end pipes.
10t euro not bad.

997GT3RS/TT,

The tips are actually not empty holes...

Here are the performance gains...

If anyone is interested in more information on Akrapovic Exhausts just pm me.

Contact me directly to get the latest FVD forum member discount!

Rhonda Roxburgh
+1-954-571-2050 x 1
rhonda.roxburgh@fvd.net

Visit our online shop for an extensive selection of tuning and original parts www.fvd.net

Old 12-18-2008, 12:04 PM
Banned
Neeeenja is a jewel in the roughNeeeenja is a jewel in the roughNeeeenja is a jewel in the rough
your car just goes Rhonda what else did you do to your car?

Old 12-18-2008, 01:38 PM
jiaim is a name known to alljiaim is a name known to alljiaim is a name known to alljiaim is a name known to alljiaim is a name known to alljiaim is a name known to all
Originally Posted by Rhonda@FVD

997GT3RS/TT,

The tips are actually not empty holes...

Here are the performance gains...

If anyone is interested in more information on Akrapovic Exhausts just pm me.
these exhausts are fantastic.
i would like to see a porsche tuner teaming with "nipponsteel" to make some incredible titanium exhausts
here an exemple on a 350z

Old 12-20-2008, 05:44 AM
Swed is infamous around these parts
Great thread really...

How about the EDO exhaust?

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=l_ALIrAPjbg

Old 12-20-2008, 03:14 PM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
Best exhaust, hands down...

Attached Images  
Old 12-20-2008, 09:42 PM
TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by bbywu
Best exhaust, hands down...
Which is the best exhaust and why? Thanks.

Old 12-20-2008, 11:27 PM
M3 S3-R is a jewel in the roughM3 S3-R is a jewel in the roughM3 S3-R is a jewel in the rough
I'm considering the GMG Ti Exhaust for the 997 tt. Anybody currently running this system?? I would like some feed back.

Last edited by M3 S3-R; 12-20-2008 at 11:45 PM.
Old 12-20-2008, 11:33 PM
JBONDOx is infamous around these parts
seriously folks, I go through this with my own personal business... which isn't related to HP tuning but the same question... what is the best

First take into consideration a few things... and I am going to state the obvious, buying an exhaust for sound is the most retarded thing I heard this week... sure you want great sound, but let's be clear... without sacrificing drivability, vehicle warranty, HP, torque, quality...etc

As for the best I came with this formula...
-First the manufacturer, reputation, there for your questions, warranty to match the vehicles
-Manufacturer going to be there in the future? how long in business, engineers background, testing, etc
-Porsche? are they going to give you a hard time?
-there is more but these are the major ones... just tired (1:39AM)

Jim
-quality of the material?
-affordability

Old 12-21-2008, 11:39 AM
TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !
FYI, Akrapovic is the supplier for the OEM 997GT2 Ti exhaust, I think their stuff is probably pretty good.

Old 12-21-2008, 11:58 AM
M3 S3-R is a jewel in the roughM3 S3-R is a jewel in the roughM3 S3-R is a jewel in the rough
I thought Eisenmann produced the GT2 Ti exhaust. Maybe my dealership didn't have the correct info??

Old 12-21-2008, 12:48 PM
jte
jte is infamous around these parts
I have Fabspeed, headers & exhaust and been very pleased with performance and sound.

Old 12-22-2008, 12:09 AM
03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by M3 S3-R
I thought Eisenmann produced the GT2 Ti exhaust. Maybe my dealership didn't have the correct info??
TT Surgeon is correct. Akrapovic Produces the factory GT2 Ti exhaust.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Best 997 TT exhaust.......