997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

tow hook?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-07-2008, 08:23 PM
z06Drew has a spectacular aura aboutz06Drew has a spectacular aura about
tow hook?

last night i saved one of your brethren from a demise in the snow/ice. for some reason this guy was out in his 997tt and got stuck in front of my house. i helped him out but had to attach the tow hook direct to the subframe. we looked and could not find a tow hook under the car nor did i see a little cap on the rear of the car to pop off and screw in a tow hook like on most german cars.

my question is (merely for curiosity) does the car have a rear tow hook? and if so, where is it located?

Old 12-07-2008, 08:51 PM
gretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond repute
Front bumper....small round hole with cap that comes off. To the side of where a front license would go (but you hopefully do not have installed)

Nice of you to help out. These cars do have AWD, however, without the right tires, can be a problem.

Old 12-07-2008, 08:57 PM
Originally Posted by gretapass
Front bumper....small round hole with cap that comes off. To the side of where a front license would go (but you hopefully do not have installed)

Nice of you to help out. These cars do have AWD, however, without the right tires, can be a problem.

the front was no problem but i could only access the rear of the vehicle to help out. my tundra with plow and snow tires to the rescue again! lol. i know what it is like to have a sports car in the snow so i tried to do the right thing. plus it was a neighbor so hopefully a little nice goes a long way.

Old 12-07-2008, 09:16 PM
Administrator
GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !
there is one in the rear behind the license plate...the tow hook is in the trunk

Old 12-07-2008, 09:23 PM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by z06Drew
the front was no problem but i could only access the rear of the vehicle to help out. my tundra with plow and snow tires to the rescue again! lol.
I would have been really embarrassed if you you used your Z06 to pull out his 997TT. A 470 lb ft RWD sports car pulling out a AWD "all season" sports car.

Old 12-07-2008, 09:27 PM
gretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by VSE Chuck
there is one in the rear behind the license plate...the tow hook is in the trunk
No Way! Hey, I learned something new tonight. Thanks! (I hope to never have to use either tow site though!)

Old 12-08-2008, 12:23 AM
Banned
Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by z06Drew
my tundra with plow and snow tires to the rescue again!
It's the trd supercharged model?

Old 12-08-2008, 08:10 AM
Originally Posted by Speedshaq
It's the trd supercharged model?

no it is the 01 trd non supercharged with a lift kit.