997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

CarbonJuicd HREP40's

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-15-2008, 06:36 PM
buckshot2 is infamous around these parts
never thought brushed wheels would look good on that color but it actually looks cool!

Old 12-15-2008, 10:39 PM
Former Vendor
HRE_Alan has a brilliant futureHRE_Alan has a brilliant futureHRE_Alan has a brilliant futureHRE_Alan has a brilliant futureHRE_Alan has a brilliant futureHRE_Alan has a brilliant futureHRE_Alan has a brilliant futureHRE_Alan has a brilliant futureHRE_Alan has a brilliant futureHRE_Alan has a brilliant futureHRE_Alan has a brilliant future
Hmmm...

Originally Posted by M3 S3-R
I thought I'd be looking at the new CF HRE /P40. Your wheels look nice.
Wonder if will see this new wheel on a car soon??
The P40s look great! As for a carbon P40, at this time HRE isn't sold on the carbon overlay. Kudos to 360s new 5 spoke as the carbon overlay looks absolutely amazing and we've gotten a lot of calls on this finish as well over the last year, but I'm not sure it fits our philosophy. Basically for us it just needs to be a little more go and and a little less show which is an entirely different ball game and requires serious time/energy/brains/money/etc. It does look really sweet though so I'm probably just being stubborn and foolish and passing on easy money and not giving our customers what they want and on and on... sometimes it is a little tough to stick to your guns.

At HRE, we always try to put the engineering first. Sales/marketing follows. We believe this ultimately provides what is in the best interest of our customers. Stupid I guess and frustrating for some people at times, but it works for us. Whenever we've deviated from that philosophy (always with the best of intentions of course!), we've gotten off track and needed to slap ourselves to make sure we came back to our senses. It is harder. Sometimes you have to let opportunities pass that can put a lot of money in your pocket, but if you're smart you'll realize that they'll harm you in the long run. Chasing the money just doesn't work for us. Chasing perfection works for us. It's what we know. It's who we are.

I guess we'll just stick with the Dymag rims for now as they definitely have a lot of "go". Here's the inside scoop. We've been working hard to get this buttoned up so there are no quality issues and everything meets our standards. What we showed at SEMA wasn't quite ready for market so the carbon barrels were improved and the centers were refined to be sexier and lighter. After spending weeks in front of the computer running FEA simulations, the forged centers are now HRE/Dymag worthy.

The forged/carbon solution for us is one that makes a lot of sense and Dymag is a really great partner to be working with on this. Unfortunately we're going to miss our Jan release target as we made some late changes on our end that required a significant tooling investment, a new Ti bolt, and unfortunately a little more time. The wheels will be better for it though so it'll be worth the wait.

Be patient... we'll soon have a forged/carbon HRE/Dymag solution that kicks serious ****... and given enough time and enough people with big brains, I expect someday we'll all be running around on FULL carbon wheels. Imagine a 19" wheel that weighs 13lbs!! Someday.