997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

MANHEIM Auction prices for 07 Turbo

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-22-2008, 07:09 AM
Sanders911 has a reputation beyond reputeSanders911 has a reputation beyond reputeSanders911 has a reputation beyond reputeSanders911 has a reputation beyond reputeSanders911 has a reputation beyond reputeSanders911 has a reputation beyond reputeSanders911 has a reputation beyond reputeSanders911 has a reputation beyond reputeSanders911 has a reputation beyond reputeSanders911 has a reputation beyond reputeSanders911 has a reputation beyond repute
i may be able to get into a TT sooner then I htought

Old 12-22-2008, 07:14 AM
CCns23 has a spectacular aura aboutCCns23 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Sanders911
i may be able to get into a TT sooner then I htought
I was thinking the same thing

Old 12-22-2008, 07:15 AM
sc_trojan has a spectacular aura aboutsc_trojan has a spectacular aura about
prices are only coming down. if you look at recent numbers, the trend is lower....

Old 12-22-2008, 07:25 AM
sbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond repute
Despite the auction prices, I am not seeing too many "retail" prices for lower than $90's+ at the moment.

Old 12-22-2008, 10:04 AM
SpeedYellow has a spectacular aura aboutSpeedYellow has a spectacular aura aboutSpeedYellow has a spectacular aura about
and when Porsche STOPS making so many of them you'll find that the prices remain more stable than people currently believe that they will....

Old 12-22-2008, 10:29 AM
ihatepotholes is infamous around these partsihatepotholes is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by sbkim
Despite the auction prices, I am not seeing too many "retail" prices for lower than $90's+ at the moment.
you mean you don't negotiate? mark-up on used cars is a lot more than new cars

Old 12-22-2008, 11:25 AM
Banned
jimdarcy is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by sbkim

turbodickie has been trying to sell his for a while now in the 90's, i think its in the for sale section

Old 12-22-2008, 12:39 PM
Tiago is a splendid one to beholdTiago is a splendid one to beholdTiago is a splendid one to beholdTiago is a splendid one to beholdTiago is a splendid one to beholdTiago is a splendid one to beholdTiago is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by SpeedYellow
and when Porsche STOPS making so many of them you'll find that the prices remain more stable than people currently believe that they will....
I bought a leased 07 997TT for almost half price when new, and i hope that you are right about it, but i doubt that Porsche will lower the number of production to hold the resale value. Porsche earns money with the sale of new cars. They may only lower the production due the actual crisis and lower demand for these cars. But, lower demand also leads to lower resale value. To show you how bad the situation is, i know some P-dealers in Europe with new 997's MK1 for sale. How can they sell new MK1's without losing money, with the MK2 out?

Old 12-22-2008, 05:57 PM
tortesq1 has a spectacular aura abouttortesq1 has a spectacular aura about
On my 07 TT I did a max. 60 month lease at 20K miles per year:

1. to maximize my deduction for the lease payment,
2. permit me to mod the car at my leisure during the long lease, and
3. to force a purchase of the car for the $57K residual ($151K MSRP) which is relatively low and fair.

I also figured that a "well seasoned" PDK version of the 998 TT would be around by 2012/2013, allowing me to dispose of the 07 TT. I'd prefer not to get the first year of the TT PDK version. I'm sure that there will be issues to work out.

Old 12-22-2008, 06:07 PM
jamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Tiago
I bought a leased 07 997TT for almost half price when new
Details and pics. I call BS.

Old 12-22-2008, 09:24 PM
petros600 is infamous around these parts
I spoke with a friend of mine at a NJ Porsche dealership and already offering low 70's for the 2007 TT. He also told me that the dealership have access to the auction results and they know what is going on. Its so bad at the dealership that I believe they will start selling cars below their cost!!!

Old 12-22-2008, 09:43 PM
gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !
Bottom line I think this is great for those shopping and frankly I dont think about depreciation when Im behind the wheel nor am I planning my next purchase any time soon either so its all good. if the economy keep sinking the last thing Im going to worry about is the value of my Turbo.....we all bought the wrong car for retaining value and Im sure 99% of actual owners know that.

Old 12-22-2008, 11:16 PM
MgTrader is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by petros600
I spoke with a friend of mine at a NJ Porsche dealership and already offering low 70's for the 2007 TT. He also told me that the dealership have access to the auction results and they know what is going on. Its so bad at the dealership that I believe they will start selling cars below their cost!!!
What dealerships in New Jersey, I am in the market, and have not seen anything priced close to that. Thanks

Old 12-23-2008, 02:05 AM
docjackson1 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by petros600
see, these kind of posts on these boards are typical of what goes on when dynamic topics are discussed. those of us who are educated and who have been around know that a report from a poster who claims to have spoken to a "friend" who is "offering" a crazy price for a car at an unamed dealership means absolutely nothing-you would have to be a certified fool to take 70k for your 07tt, unless it had 50k miles on it. may i suggest in the future, if you want your comment/assertion to mean anything, who did you talk to and at what dealership, otherwise, you sound like a 9 year old boy.

Old 12-23-2008, 02:39 AM
docjackson1 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by tortesq1
On my 07 TT I did a max. 60 month lease at 20K miles per year:

1. to maximize my deduction for the lease payment,
2. permit me to mod the car at my leisure during the long lease, and
3. to force a purchase of the car for the $57K residual ($151K MSRP) which is relatively low and fair.

I also figured that a "well seasoned" PDK version of the 998 TT would be around by 2012/2013, allowing me to dispose of the 07 TT. I'd prefer not to get the first year of the TT PDK version. I'm sure that there will be issues to work out.
my friend, your entire post means absolutely nothing without revealing what your monthly payment is. anyone who would put 20k miles per year on a car over 5 years (100k total miles) is a perfect person to buy a car. let's look at your car-151k msrp-means that it is a highly optioned coupe, (assuming it is a coupe). if you lease it, the resale of the car is not important, but all those options won't do well at repsale time. seems to me like an unusually strong residual for a 100k mile turbo (the 997 will be long gone by then)-i would expect someone who got such a strong residual for a long term lease would have a relatively low monthly payment on the car-i would guess $1500-$1600/month. for various reasons, i am just not used to seeing such long term leases.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: MANHEIM Auction prices for 07 Turbo