997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

997TT won't run on DYNOPACK..

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-23-2008, 04:27 AM
lintc0532 has a reputation beyond reputelintc0532 has a reputation beyond reputelintc0532 has a reputation beyond reputelintc0532 has a reputation beyond reputelintc0532 has a reputation beyond reputelintc0532 has a reputation beyond reputelintc0532 has a reputation beyond reputelintc0532 has a reputation beyond reputelintc0532 has a reputation beyond reputelintc0532 has a reputation beyond reputelintc0532 has a reputation beyond repute
997TT won't run on DYNOPACK..

Been to dyno my car today.The nearest mustang dyno shop closed earlier for xmas.I have to go a smaller shop with DYNO PACK system(the HUB DYNO required to remove all wheels).

But after everything setup and the car seems cut power or something stuck the transmission after 3000rpm in any gear.Tried to turn the PSM off but doesnt help at all.Have to leave with it.

Anyone have some expriance about DYNOPACK and know why this happned?

Below pic just for people don't know what DYNOPACK is:

Old 12-23-2008, 06:53 AM
eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !
Do NOT run it on a Dynopack. The front and rear are not coupled and the PSM will fry your rear brakes to try to keep the front and rear wheel speeds equal. You are going to (if you have not already) damaged the car.

Old 12-23-2008, 06:57 AM
lintc0532 has a reputation beyond reputelintc0532 has a reputation beyond reputelintc0532 has a reputation beyond reputelintc0532 has a reputation beyond reputelintc0532 has a reputation beyond reputelintc0532 has a reputation beyond reputelintc0532 has a reputation beyond reputelintc0532 has a reputation beyond reputelintc0532 has a reputation beyond reputelintc0532 has a reputation beyond reputelintc0532 has a reputation beyond repute

Really..My god...
They only dynoed a RWD carrera before so they don't know either..
Lucky I stoped them for couple of stuck so the car was fine..

Old 12-23-2008, 10:54 AM
PorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond repute
Yes, it doesn't take much and while the delta may seem almost un-measurable on the dynapak these cars know the difference and will upset the system. Hope no real damage was done

Old 12-23-2008, 02:16 PM
noah677 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Galactus
Only dyno on a Mustang, Dyno Dynamics, or Dynamic Test Systems.
This thread shows me (again and again) the value of doing a search. It was made quite clear NOT to dyno your All Wheel Drive porsche unless the tunner has a very special set up, which, as I understand it, very few people have. I hope the car was not damaged

Old 12-23-2008, 06:51 PM
RandomName is infamous around these parts
the numbers are inaccurate anyways. it'll say like you have 500hp stock or something

Old 12-24-2008, 05:50 PM
keithta Is a GOD !keithta Is a GOD !keithta Is a GOD !keithta Is a GOD !keithta Is a GOD !keithta Is a GOD !keithta Is a GOD !keithta Is a GOD !keithta Is a GOD !keithta Is a GOD !keithta Is a GOD !
Todd at Protomotive in Arkansas dyno'd my 997TT on his Dynapak a good number of times without any trouble. He has also dyno'd others since. Give him a call he should be able to help.

http://www.protomotive.com

Keith

Last edited by keithta; 12-24-2008 at 05:54 PM.
Old 12-24-2008, 10:42 PM
Banned
GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !
Stupid question.
Dynopak dyno's being attached to the hubs where are they measuring the motors hp? At the wheels? Can't see that since there is no tire / wheel weight and surface resistance.

Could someone explain the Dynopak function?

Thank you

Ranger

Old 12-24-2008, 10:51 PM
McDBrendan Is a GOD !McDBrendan Is a GOD !McDBrendan Is a GOD !McDBrendan Is a GOD !McDBrendan Is a GOD !McDBrendan Is a GOD !McDBrendan Is a GOD !McDBrendan Is a GOD !McDBrendan Is a GOD !McDBrendan Is a GOD !McDBrendan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by GT3Ranger
Stupid question.
Dynopak dyno's being attached to the hubs where are they measuring the motors hp? At the wheels? Can't see that since there is no tire / wheel weight and surface resistance.

Thank you

Ranger
Pretty sure that is how it works. Results are off by a bit so some percentage of correction must be necessary. Whether these results are closer to the actual numbers I'm not sure.

Old 12-25-2008, 07:30 PM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
Only dyno on a Mustang, Dyno Dynamics, or Dynamic Test Systems.

Dyno Dynamics may not work either, at least it doesnt for 996 TT's.

Old 12-27-2008, 06:35 AM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
Nope, Dyno Dynamics work fine with all AWD Porsches, including the 996TT.

996TT:
http://www.dyno-comp.com/details.php...=32&type=90#st

997TT:
http://www.dyno-comp.com/details.php...=35&type=90#st

Do you own a 996 TT?

Have you dynoed a 996 TT on a dyno dynamics?

Do you know what you're talking about?

I can answer all three questions for you.

Old 12-27-2008, 06:42 AM
deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !
My car is 2wd and I've used the dynapack several times. I found they tend to be more consistent since you remove the strap tension, tire pressure, drum weight variables, etc from the equation. I can't see why it be would any different for the TT from any other AWD dyno since they all work off some sort of rolling restistance principle. Then again, I have no idea what I'm talking about here

Last edited by deputydog95; 12-27-2008 at 08:44 PM.
Old 12-27-2008, 10:42 AM
Banned
Trommel is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by GT3Ranger
Like all dynos, they're a tuning aid (albeit one with very accurate and repeatable results because you have no tyre/roller interface issues).

Like all dynos, numbers are only relevant for comparison when done on the same kind of machine.

Old 01-01-2009, 03:28 PM
I have personally seen 12 Porsche 996 TT dyno on a Dyno Dynamics Dyno without issues. How many 996TT Dyno Dynamics dyno sheets do you need to see to believe you can dyno a 996TT before you will believe it? 2, 10,100? Here are some more....

http://www.ktrperformance.com/dyno_t....php?id_num=48
http://www.ktrperformance.com/dyno_t....php?id_num=47
http://www.ktrperformance.com/dyno_t....php?id_num=46
http://www.ktrperformance.com/dyno_t...php?id_num=143
Converting to RWD for the dyno is a common procedure in dynoing 996 TT's, and then there;s the ignorant people who dont know that they could be burning up their center differential, and the ones that actually have burned it up on the dyno.

The issue at hand is if the TT can be dynoed in AWD on said dyno.

And your dyno sheets prove what exactly?

Old 01-01-2009, 08:01 PM
I have shown you dyno sheets which prove that the Dyno Dynamics AWD dyno can indeed be used to dyno a 996TT. I have witnessed it first hand so I know it can be used. You are now saying that owners converted their 996TT to 2WD to dyno on these machines?
I own a 996 TT and have tried to dyno it on a Dyno Dynamics. At 25 mph the front wheels were not turning the front drums so we aborted, as would anyone. I talked to several porsche tuners on that day that advised me not to continue the dyno in AWD.

My response is to your idiotic statement that the DD can dyno a 996 TT with no problem because you dont know what you're talking about and someone who doesnt know better could try it and burn out their front diff. Funny thing is the front diff can be blown and you'll never know it.

As usual you are out of your league in knowledge of the subject and comprehension of the facts given to you.

Good day.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 997TT won't run on DYNOPACK..