997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Adjustable control arms

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-23-2008, 09:35 PM
luiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud of
Adjustable control arms

It is possible to use this rear adjustable arms in a 997 Turbo?

http://e-partssales.com/Merchant2/me..._Code=997ttsus

Old 12-24-2008, 08:23 AM
Former Vendor
Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by luiscarlos

The two at that top of the picture are Cup/GT2/GT3 lower control arms. They are two piece rather then one piece. They can be shimmed to push out the lower control arm for more negative camber.

Hope this helps...

Old 12-24-2008, 08:26 AM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
Luis - are you talking about the rear upper dog bones (control arms) to adjust camber and toe? The ones for the 996TT also fit the 997TT.

Old 12-24-2008, 09:10 AM
luiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud of
I have the upper,and I want to use the lower ADJ RS arms to use shims for the camber anl leave the upper ones the same size as OEM to get a better geometry.

Old 12-24-2008, 11:37 AM
cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !
Hi Luis,

Not sure if I am answering your question here, but that looks like *front* lower control arm? The only active poster I know of who has installed this to increase front camber is a rennteam's poster by the name of GT. His installation picture & experience is posted here: http://www.rennteam.com/forum/thread...13.html#484643

He changes nearly every other link in his Turbo's (rear upper control arm, rear toe control arms, etc.) and has very aggressive front and rear camber alignment. I think he'd be able to answer any question you might have. Hope this helps.

Old 12-24-2008, 09:47 PM
Cant see the pics,but it is possible to use front and rear adjustable RS lower control arms in a 997 Turbo?

Old 12-24-2008, 11:43 PM
TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !
I would suggest the GMG bones, toes, etc. You can use cup front adj trailing arms on the rear as well. Be sure you have a good shop set it up for you.
GL

Old 12-25-2008, 01:16 PM
I have all of that and i would like to adj camber with the lower control arms instead of the upper dog bones.

Old 12-26-2008, 03:27 PM
cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !
Hi Luis,

Sorry, I think you have to sign in to rennteam to see the picture. Anyway, following is what "GT" posted, looks like he changed both front and rear lower control arms? He's still posting there, so I think if you ask he'll be able to answer.

The other person that I think would be able to help you is Ira of Tarett Engineering, email: iraramin@tarett.com It seems he sells the arms on his web site http://www.tarett.com/items/996-997-products/list1.htm , and he's answered my question by email promptly and in great details.

Cant see the pics,but it is possible to use front and rear adjustable RS lower control arms in a 997 Turbo?

Attached Images   
Old 12-26-2008, 04:11 PM
thanks i emailed tarret .

Old 12-26-2008, 06:23 PM
TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !
Maybe just add adjustable thrust bushings to your arms.

Old 12-26-2008, 07:41 PM
Tarret confirmed the adjustable control arms (GT3) can be used front and rear in Turbo 997 so I ordered rear only at the moment,with this I will have several ways to adjust my suspension.
Thanks for the suggestion.