997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

How to Change Your Brake Rotors at Home

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-17-2009, 01:05 PM
SWATDoc has much to be proud ofSWATDoc has much to be proud ofSWATDoc has much to be proud ofSWATDoc has much to be proud ofSWATDoc has much to be proud ofSWATDoc has much to be proud ofSWATDoc has much to be proud ofSWATDoc has much to be proud ofSWATDoc has much to be proud of
Thanks Dan, you and Vivid Racing were a pleasure to work with. The rotors look even better in person, and the attention to detail is amazing. I can't wait to get them on the car and give 'em a try. PBIR on Feb 4th, I'll be sure to let you know how they performed, but I can already tell that I will be impressed.

Old 01-17-2009, 01:28 PM
roncfpz Is a GOD !roncfpz Is a GOD !roncfpz Is a GOD !roncfpz Is a GOD !roncfpz Is a GOD !roncfpz Is a GOD !roncfpz Is a GOD !roncfpz Is a GOD !roncfpz Is a GOD !roncfpz Is a GOD !roncfpz Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by SWATDoc
Thanks Dan, you and Vivid Racing were a pleasure to work with. The rotors look even better in person, and the attention to detail is amazing. I can't wait to get them on the car and give 'em a try. PBIR on Feb 4th, I'll be sure to let you know how they performed, but I can already tell that I will be impressed.

Doc you gonna break those in for SuperCar weekend run next week? Very nice!

Old 01-17-2009, 10:01 PM
SWATDoc has much to be proud ofSWATDoc has much to be proud ofSWATDoc has much to be proud ofSWATDoc has much to be proud ofSWATDoc has much to be proud ofSWATDoc has much to be proud ofSWATDoc has much to be proud ofSWATDoc has much to be proud ofSWATDoc has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by roncfpz
Doc you gonna break those in for SuperCar weekend run next week? Very nice!
It all depends if the new tires come in before then, I want to do the change all at the same time. It would however give me a good chance to bed in the brakes before the next track day. I'll meet up with you guys once you're southbound on I-95, just dial me up. BTW, I'm in for the supercar event/the Rolex 24/the OAC meet/and the Cars for the Cure (among others ). I can't wait to show you these beautiful new rotors, just be prepared to order a set. I will be purchasing the rears as soon as they become available...Dan, can you put me on the waiting list?

Old 01-19-2009, 09:07 AM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
Swatdoc - that is awesome LOL. I am putting this on my blog - www.vividracing.com/blog

Old 01-19-2009, 05:50 PM
adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !
Just by looking at the pictures....are they discs the same thinckness as stock? and is the minimum thickness requirement the same? Can these be turned?

Old 01-20-2009, 11:54 AM
Gary II is a glorious beacon of lightGary II is a glorious beacon of lightGary II is a glorious beacon of lightGary II is a glorious beacon of lightGary II is a glorious beacon of lightGary II is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by adam699
Just by looking at the pictures....are they discs the same thinckness as stock? and is the minimum thickness requirement the same? Can these be turned?
YES, these are an exact match to the overall diameter, thickness, and annulus of the OEM discs.

The starting thickness is 34mm, and the recommended minimum thickness is 32mm.

These discs should not be turned, and for that matter, there is no real reason that it will ever be necessary. The 2pc. design eliminates the possibility of warpage, and there is no need to ever have to remove material from the disc.

Old 01-21-2009, 06:08 PM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
any pics swatdoc?

Old 01-26-2009, 03:23 PM
Banned
The Turbo is infamous around these partsThe Turbo is infamous around these parts
What does this set cost?

Old 01-26-2009, 03:27 PM
Former Vendor
Old 01-29-2009, 03:19 PM
Former Vendor
Swatdoc any updates? Rear rotors are now available too

Old 01-29-2009, 03:36 PM
Gary II is a glorious beacon of lightGary II is a glorious beacon of lightGary II is a glorious beacon of lightGary II is a glorious beacon of lightGary II is a glorious beacon of lightGary II is a glorious beacon of light
Yes....REAR's ARE NOW AVAILABLE !!!

- 5lbs. of Weight Savings
- Full Floating
- Type 3 Slotted Pattern
- Superior Metallurgy
- Improved Performance AND Longevity
(as much as 2-3 times the lifespan of OEM and competitor products)
- Allows for full use of handbrake/parking brake !!!

___ OEM ___ 350x28mm rear: 21.9 lbs

__ Brembo __ 2pc. 350x28 rear: 16.9 lbs

Last edited by Gary II; 01-29-2009 at 03:40 PM. Reason: Added information about parking brake function.
Old 02-01-2009, 01:28 PM
Banned
The Turbo is infamous around these partsThe Turbo is infamous around these parts
I snagged a set from ..... and saved a coule hundred bucks, FWTW.
They certainly are great quailty and last a looong time.

Last edited by GT3 Chuck; 02-02-2009 at 01:16 PM. Reason: remove link
Old 02-01-2009, 01:34 PM
Former Vendor
detailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond repute
thanks for the tip

Old 02-01-2009, 09:39 PM
Dan, you have a PM. Do I need to call you to order the rear rotors/pads? I have meetings tomorrow morning, but can call you as soon as I step out of the office. If not, you can use all the same info from my previous purchase. Track day on Feb 4th at PBIR, I'll be sure to get you some good photos/video of the event. I would like to have the rear rotors/pads on the car before the Homestead-Miami track days (Feb 14th-15th) if at all possible. Again I'll shoot photos/video for you as well, thanks again for all your help. Great product, great service.

Old 02-02-2009, 08:41 AM
Former Vendor
TheTurbo - what a crap move that was...

SwatDoc - checking now.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: How to Change Your Brake Rotors at Home