997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

is this TT missing any crucial options?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-08-2009, 06:09 PM
C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !
is this TT missing any crucial options?

I've been in the market for some time for a USED 997 TT and know the options list can be quite lengthy, but I was wondering if the following list have the "must have" options? The only thing I can think of is PCCP, but buying USED its pretty difficult to get everything exactly the way I want it

Fire Ext
Instr Surround Leather
Door Entry Grds Stl Illuminated
Axel Diff Lock
Seat Belt Buckles Leather
Comfort Pkg
Porsche Crest
Park Assist
Heat Seats
Rear Console Leather
Leather Visor
Storage Lid Bin w/ Porsche Crest
Sport Chrono
3-Spoke Str Whl
Belt outlet B Pillar Leather
Gear Lever Trim Leather

Hope to re-join 6speed sooon!

Old 01-08-2009, 06:10 PM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
You mean PCCBs? Kinda controversial whether or not they are essential.

Old 01-08-2009, 07:11 PM
sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !
To me, the must-have options are:
  • 640-Sport Chrono Package Plus
  • 450-Ceramic Composite Brakes-PCCB
  • 220-Axle-Differential Lock Rear
  • XCZ-Sport Shifter
  • P01-Adaptive Sport Seats
Opinions vary on the PCCB's and the Adaptive Sport Seats. PCCB's are great but perform similarly to the red (steel) brakes which have a substantially lower maintenance cost. The Sport Shifter can be added later cost effectively. So that really leaves the only crucial options as Sports Chrono and Rear Differential Lock.

Last edited by sparkhill; 01-08-2009 at 09:58 PM.
Old 01-08-2009, 09:34 PM
Verde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond repute
This is all very subjective and should be affected by what kind of car you seek, what kind of driver you are and how and where you plan to use the car. Oh and perhaps where you live (i.e. the weather).
If it's a DD, I (admittedly with a terrible sense of direction) would want Porsche Nav. Many would want the Bose. It should be noted that the Porsche Nav (GPS) can be dealer installed anytime after purchase. The Bose cannot.
If it's a performance/track car, fewer options, lower weight, less power everything should be preferred. Add limited slip diff. Oh, and the short shift kid (which can be added at the dealer)
Additionally, for both cases, here's my list (in no priority order):
Adaptive sports seats (or new GT2(?) GT3(?) CF seats - to die for, and for the price, you just might)
Sports Chrono. For a TT, you must have this. Must.
Thick steering wheel (I prefer the GT3 Alcantera wheel (with the yellow stripe) and matching shifter. (Can be added after purchase - I did).
Heated seats.

As mentioned, the PCCB's are debatable in terms of their incremental value - even for a track car. I would want them - pricey as they are. But with a constrained budget, I would tend to go without, and put the $$'s in to aftermarket suspension bits. Likely will yield a higher performance return than the PCCB's.

Finally, the TT (as well as the 'S', GT3 and GT2 (which I've never sampled) are all superb cars. In almost any 'option' form, you'll be grinning from ear to ear. The thought process is in separating the 'functional features' (which I've stuck to in my lists), from the 'personalization' features (which I've left out) (e.g. Porsche crests on the backs of the pedals, pink footrests and UV lighting in the door pockets).

Anyhow, best of luck and welcome to the club.

Old 01-08-2009, 11:41 PM
docjackson1 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Verde
This is all very subjective and should be affected by what kind of car you seek, what kind of driver you are and how and where you plan to use the car. Oh and perhaps where you live (i.e. the weather).
If it's a DD, I (admittedly with a terrible sense of direction) would want Porsche Nav. Many would want the Bose. It should be noted that the Porsche Nav (GPS) can be dealer installed anytime after purchase. The Bose cannot.
If it's a performance/track car, fewer options, lower weight, less power everything should be preferred. Add limited slip diff. Oh, and the short shift kid (which can be added at the dealer)
Additionally, for both cases, here's my list (in no priority order):
Adaptive sports seats (or new GT2(?) GT3(?) CF seats - to die for, and for the price, you just might)
Sports Chrono. For a TT, you must have this. Must.
Thick steering wheel (I prefer the GT3 Alcantera wheel (with the yellow stripe) and matching shifter. (Can be added after purchase - I did).
Heated seats.

As mentioned, the PCCB's are debatable in terms of their incremental value - even for a track car. I would want them - pricey as they are. But with a constrained budget, I would tend to go without, and put the $$'s in to aftermarket suspension bits. Likely will yield a higher performance return than the PCCB's.

Finally, the TT (as well as the 'S', GT3 and GT2 (which I've never sampled) are all superb cars. In almost any 'option' form, you'll be grinning from ear to ear. The thought process is in separating the 'functional features' (which I've stuck to in my lists), from the 'personalization' features (which I've left out) (e.g. Porsche crests on the backs of the pedals, pink footrests and UV lighting in the door pockets).

Anyhow, best of luck and welcome to the club.
the turbo comes well equipt, with leather, nav and bose standard. many of the options are worth almost nothing on resale. if i ordered a new turbo (which i did) and it was a pre 09 car, the only options which are a must is the turbo sports chrono and heated seats. the limited slip may or may not be in the above catgory-if it will not be a track car, you probably don't need it. if it was a an 09 car, i would add blue tooth, xm and universal adaptor to the pcm touch screen along with the options i noted for the pre 09 turbo. everything other than this would be to satisfy your personal taste. a well equipt 07 car was about 126k new, and an 09 is about 135k new.

Old 01-08-2009, 11:57 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
Your car looks great !!!! Congrats in advance because I think you ought to buy it .

As for brakes -I have had three 997 cars -2 997S and 1 Turbo . One car had ceramics and I liked them but am not suffering without them. In fact I prefer the Brembo upgrade but have not done it yet because even with 700 Hp my stock brakes still work .

Also I do feel that both the stock brakes as well as ceramics were intended for a non modified car thus I have considered upgrading them at some point BUT it will NOT be with ceramics . I feel I can get better brakes regardless of price.

Old 01-09-2009, 12:00 AM
C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !
thanks for the input everyone!

the car also does have adap seats so it looks like all the must have are there. i should have an answer tomorrow if the deal goes through and hopefully the car this weekend.

i sold my 996 4s a few years ago and went back to a M5 (e39 then e60) and have always dreamed of a TT. with the economy the way it is now, i may just be in my dream car this weekend...

Old 01-09-2009, 12:05 AM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
What color ? How many miles?

Old 01-09-2009, 07:34 AM
CJPatel has a spectacular aura aboutCJPatel has a spectacular aura about
I am in a similar boat, I will start looking for a 07 in about 3-5 mons, and will probably only require the sport chrono, everything else is sorta eh, either addable later or upgradable with mods.

Old 01-09-2009, 08:11 AM
emturbo has a spectacular aura aboutemturbo has a spectacular aura about
Pretty sure Bose comes standard on the TT from what my dealer told me.

Also, I think the NAV is very good compared to other factory systems. PCCB's are nice, but I don't think they are necessary unless you've got the cash to burn and just love yellow...

Old 01-09-2009, 09:50 AM
Verde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond repute
I wasn't aware that the Bose was standard. Mea culpa. I'm not a TT owner (though I've driven 'em). Just an 'S' owner/lover. I like the lighter front end with the more direct steering feel that RWD creates. Truth is, these days it's likely principally psychological in that the P-car folks have so improved the design of the AWD system. I guess I'm just a hopeless purist.
Sounds like a great car though. Good luck on your bid.

Originally Posted by emturbo
Pretty sure Bose comes standard on the TT from what my dealer told me.

Also, I think the NAV is very good compared to other factory systems. PCCB's are nice, but I don't think they are necessary unless you've got the cash to burn and just love yellow...

Old 01-09-2009, 10:27 AM
gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !
Bose is standard on US models at least, but on the 07-08 the NAV sucks compared to both my Lexus and Honda units in other cars.

Outside of:

Sport Chrono
Adaptive sports
Rear Diff
Heated seats
Short shifter

The rest you can live without when buying a used one, you would not want to miss out on a nice car because it did not have the leather sunvisors if you know what I mean.

My 08 optioned to 142k and I only ran it up with leather this and carbon that to suit my own personal tastes because 'I could' as I ordered it. If looking for a used one I would have not worried about that stuff, would be too hard to find. Plus you always have MAcarbon and bumperplugs to fix that end.

Old 01-09-2009, 12:25 PM
Originally Posted by yrralis1
What color ? How many miles?
Black Black 8kmi.

Old 01-09-2009, 12:28 PM
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by C4SxM5
Black Black 8kmi.

Well being that my car is the same color that is all good .

Old 01-09-2009, 12:32 PM
nyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud of
I can definetly say the nav in thr TT is much better than any Benz nav I have ever had, but not even in the same league as a BMW nav.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.