997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

concerns going to bigger IC's and Turbos

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-10-2009, 01:09 AM
CWtwin is a jewel in the roughCWtwin is a jewel in the roughCWtwin is a jewel in the rough
concerns going to bigger IC's and Turbos

I am thinking of going to the next level with teh TT.

current mods:
Headers
ECU remap
plenum
diverter valve
Works 1 intake
exhaust
Techart rear wing
techart rear diffuser
techart carbon hood vent
techart front lip
GT2 side skirts
Techart steering wheel

Not sure why I listed alll that but always wanted a reason.
just wanted to check out some opinions of where my TT is currently at, and if going to a stage IV or V would make sense(Turbos and IC's throttle body). I am in Clearwater FL and I drive from red light to red light basically. I know I dont need to go to the next level but what are the draw backs if any. Sorry if this sounds ignorant, been a long night

Old 01-10-2009, 01:51 AM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
You have the same car as i do.
Except I did the last upgrade and so far I have been very happy with it . The acceleration is just face smearing and I have put about 4K miles on my car (since the upgrade) without a cough . I kept the Werks and my Tubi and added the rest along with a reflash .

When accelerating the pull just does not let off and it climbs in such a linear manner that it's far better than the original stock turbos were .

The lag is so reduced that the car almost feels as seamless as one can get to a normaly aspirated car but of course it still is a Turbo . Just with huge improvements.

There is this pause moment that is so brief but when there one can almost feel this tidal wave of power about to hurl you forward . It's unreal .

The clutch engagement is a bit trickier because a performance clutch grabs a bit differently but a little practice was good .

It's a major improvement in my opinion. You are almost there but that last step really makes a huge difference.

Old 01-10-2009, 12:49 PM
GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !
Nice mods. Along with upgrading your IC's and turbos, you should consider upgrading your suspension. I didn't see that in your mods list.