997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

New GT2 at $150K

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-05-2009, 01:20 AM
vvacr is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by 911TurboS2
Still have not made my decision. I have the money, although I am not super-rich like Bernie Madoff.

As someone said on this forum, I already have 2 great cars.

It is my belief that the price of the GT2 is going to drop fast and far, it amuses me to still see dealers and others advertising these cars over $225K.

BTW - the car I am looking at is a special color, and has all of the options.
If you like the color and options, I'd definitely go for it. If your friend has more GT2's to sell all with nice colors and options, I'd hold out a little and try to get it for even less. Either way, if you buy the GT2 and take a big hit selling the turbo, it will most likely be worth it with this low of a price!

Old 02-05-2009, 10:03 AM
Verde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond repute
Would you share what the 'special color' is? Any chance there is a picture?

Originally Posted by vvacr
If you like the color and options, I'd definitely go for it. If your friend has more GT2's to sell all with nice colors and options, I'd hold out a little and try to get it for even less. Either way, if you buy the GT2 and take a big hit selling the turbo, it will most likely be worth it with this low of a price!

Old 02-05-2009, 10:54 AM
wallmon is infamous around these parts
Has anyone actually seen this phantom GT2 selling for next to nothin'? Show it off or shut this pipe dream down. Tell us where it's located so we can buy it! No more teasing, I feel like I'm in a strip club.

Old 02-05-2009, 11:07 AM
george3 is infamous around these partsgeorge3 is infamous around these parts
We have not heard much from the OP lately. Perhaps this thread was
designed only to explore the value of the GT2.

The vehicle was either purchased, or perhaps such a deal never existed.
<O</O
Wouldn’t it be curious if $150K would not be considered such a good deal
in 3 - 5 months?<O</O

Old 02-08-2009, 09:39 PM
blue997s is infamous around these parts
I have a buddy of mine whose a retired police officer and just bought a 2009 Blk on Blk GT2 he obtained through a police aution from a drug bust. It only has 738 miles and he is selling it for $160K. If any interest shoot me an email.

Old 02-09-2009, 10:45 PM
JimGT3 is a jewel in the roughJimGT3 is a jewel in the roughJimGT3 is a jewel in the roughJimGT3 is a jewel in the rough
are the drugs included in the sale?

Old 02-10-2009, 05:25 AM
jamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond repute
The original poster is from the Wash DC area and there aren't but a few dealers in Northern Va and Md, so if someone does a dealer search of the area if such a car exists I would venture to say you would find it.

Old 02-10-2009, 05:48 AM
911TurboS2 has a spectacular aura about911TurboS2 has a spectacular aura about911TurboS2 has a spectacular aura about
jamie-

Sorry, I buy nationwide. I wouldn't give the beltway bandits a second look. Sorry to have initiated such a long thread, the car was sold to another buyer.

Old 02-10-2009, 09:18 AM
sechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by 911TurboS2
jamie-

Sorry, I buy nationwide. I wouldn't give the beltway bandits a second look. Sorry to have initiated such a long thread, the car was sold to another buyer.
I saw your new car at Porsche OTM...good stuff man!