997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

eibach sport spring rates

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-16-2009, 01:41 PM
ALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to behold
I had the H&R springs and they are softer than stock. You know this because it didn't beat the crap out of you in Sport Mode like the OEM's did. They were also a little more bouncy over dips at high speeds. But overall much better than stock ones.

Old 01-16-2009, 01:44 PM
ATL
ATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond repute
has anyone had experience using both Eibach and H&R springs?

Old 01-16-2009, 02:35 PM
TT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant future
If you look at the H&R/Champion spring it is preloaded or partially compressed at the top. I believe this is the softer part of the spring, the "helper" to lower the car. The remainder of the spring is pretty stiff, this makes it a progressive spring by definition IMO. You see this exact same preloading on the OEM GT2/3/RS springs, also made by H&R.

Old 01-16-2009, 04:15 PM
cgng30 is a splendid one to beholdcgng30 is a splendid one to beholdcgng30 is a splendid one to beholdcgng30 is a splendid one to beholdcgng30 is a splendid one to beholdcgng30 is a splendid one to beholdcgng30 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by TT Gasman
If you look at the H&R/Champion spring it is preloaded or partially compressed at the top. I believe this is the softer part of the spring, the "helper" to lower the car. The remainder of the spring is pretty stiff, this makes it a progressive spring by definition IMO. You see this exact same preloading on the OEM GT2/3/RS springs, also made by H&R.
ya i agree, i even called HR and they said HR springs are stiffer then stock, but fabryce from GMG says they are softer then stock who to believe.

Old 01-16-2009, 05:09 PM
cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !
Yes Doug you got a good point. The after-market springs for the Turbo that I've seen are progressive. You could tell by the variable distance between the coils (in linear springs the distance is constant). Progressive spring starts with one rate and ends with a second rate, like what cgng30 quotes for the eibach.

It would be educational for us amateurs -- and more fair for competitors -- if the whole story is told, not just x is stiffer than y. The whole story would be for example a graph similar to what's seen in the enclosed picture (article from PCA's Panorama, written by among others - an anesthesiologist -- must be too much free time LOL ). It would tell for example where during the compression of the spring that the rate becomes stiffer. If one spring, say H&R, is softer starting out but becomes stiffer later -- then is that bad? What if the designer of the spring MEANT for the spring to behave that way? Are you going to doubt H&R's engineers? Are stiffer ALWAYS better? I have lots of questions, but no answer.

BTW, I believe in the graph the springs are linear -- from the constant slope; every y lb moves the same x distance, etc. (Any pro lurking here please correct me as needed.)

Originally Posted by TT Gasman

Attached Images  

Last edited by cannga; 01-16-2009 at 05:13 PM.
Old 01-18-2009, 10:10 AM
cgng30 is a splendid one to beholdcgng30 is a splendid one to beholdcgng30 is a splendid one to beholdcgng30 is a splendid one to beholdcgng30 is a splendid one to beholdcgng30 is a splendid one to beholdcgng30 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by GotBoost?
I've got a set of Cargraphic springs made by h&r I would sell if you are interested.
are they used or new

Old 01-18-2009, 05:46 PM
GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by cgng30
are they used or new
used. less than 4k on them