997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Dumb question: How do I link Seat memory to Key fob?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-19-2009, 08:18 AM
chrisn is a name known to allchrisn is a name known to allchrisn is a name known to allchrisn is a name known to allchrisn is a name known to allchrisn is a name known to all
Dumb question: How do I link Seat memory to Key fob?

My wife and I have very different sizes and shapes (a good thing generally). After she drives the car, I need to press and hold the memory button for a long time to put the seat back into position for me.

I would like to either: (i) link the key to the seat memory so hitting unlock once would adjust the seat or at least (ii) be able to press seat memory button one time and then have it move all the way into position. That is how it works in my other cars.

I suspect I am doing something wrong/dumb because sometimes when I hit unlock (perhaps with the extra key) the seat starts moving around.

Please don't flame me for not having three pound CF seats that are molded to fit my butt and bolted into position on the floor.

-Chris

Old 01-19-2009, 08:27 AM
jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by chrisn
My wife and I have very different sizes and shapes (a good thing generally). After she drives the car, I need to press and hold the memory button for a long time to put the seat back into position for me.

I would like to either: (i) link the key to the seat memory so hitting unlock once would adjust the seat or at least (ii) be able to press seat memory button one time and then have it move all the way into position. That is how it works in my other cars.

I suspect I am doing something wrong/dumb because sometimes when I hit unlock (perhaps with the extra key) the seat starts moving around.

Please don't flame me for not having three pound CF seats that are molded to fit my butt and bolted into position on the floor.

-Chris
Should work - just need to make sure you key is programmed for your settings

Attached Files
File Type: pdf
997 Owners Manual.pdf (26.4 KB, 195 views)