997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Keithta 997TT New Record 60-130 & Drag Strip 1/4 Mile Run

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-21-2009, 06:42 PM
FikseGTS has a reputation beyond reputeFikseGTS has a reputation beyond reputeFikseGTS has a reputation beyond reputeFikseGTS has a reputation beyond reputeFikseGTS has a reputation beyond reputeFikseGTS has a reputation beyond reputeFikseGTS has a reputation beyond reputeFikseGTS has a reputation beyond reputeFikseGTS has a reputation beyond reputeFikseGTS has a reputation beyond reputeFikseGTS has a reputation beyond repute
nice job Keith! your car is picking up serious ground after the 1/8 mile....

Old 01-21-2009, 07:25 PM
keithta Is a GOD !keithta Is a GOD !keithta Is a GOD !keithta Is a GOD !keithta Is a GOD !keithta Is a GOD !keithta Is a GOD !keithta Is a GOD !keithta Is a GOD !keithta Is a GOD !keithta Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by WheelB
Keith awsome dave did a great job on my 997TT yours is just another level now ! enjoy it whats next ?
Hey Ben! Whats up?? I think later this year Ill be doign a 3.8 conversion, upgrading the fuel system, building the motor, adding aggressive cams along with head port work. Then finishing it off with some twin HTA GT35r's.

Keith

Last edited by keithta; 01-21-2009 at 11:53 PM.
Old 01-21-2009, 07:42 PM
LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !
Congrats Keith. Great run, the MPH is awesome for a full weight AWD 997TT

Old 01-21-2009, 11:31 PM
art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !
Congrats, that is incredible.

Old 01-21-2009, 11:52 PM
keithta Is a GOD !keithta Is a GOD !keithta Is a GOD !keithta Is a GOD !keithta Is a GOD !keithta Is a GOD !keithta Is a GOD !keithta Is a GOD !keithta Is a GOD !keithta Is a GOD !keithta Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by SleeperX
Congrats Keith. Very well done. Did you achieve that 60-130 of 5.4 with those 19" wheels and bodykit? That car is a beast. Have you weighed it? Very nice!!!
Never weighed it. I will soon as I got a spot about 25 minutes from my house that I know about.

To answer your question, my car did these runs including the 1/4 mile pass with the full body kit and stock 19" wheels and tires. Car is also full weight and running AWD.

My avatar photo shows my car with the 20" HREs I drive around with daily. I usually shave 1-1.5 tenths off my 60-130 times when I pull off my 20s and run with the 19s. With that said, my car should pull a 5.5/5.6 with the 20s.

Keith

Old 01-22-2009, 12:04 AM
bone_doc s4 has a spectacular aura aboutbone_doc s4 has a spectacular aura about
Keith, great trap and 60/130!! Hows the car the car holding up at those power levels, particularly the stock engine? Is that kit topping out the 3071s or is Todd tuning it based on the threshold of the engine? And lastly, were your runs on 19s/20s?

Again, awesome job!!

Old 01-22-2009, 10:01 AM
Originally Posted by bone_doc s4
Keith, great trap and 60/130!! Hows the car the car holding up at those power levels, particularly the stock engine? Is that kit topping out the 3071s or is Todd tuning it based on the threshold of the engine? And lastly, were your runs on 19s/20s?

Again, awesome job!!
Thanks.

The car internals havent missed a beat thus far. Todd tuned this setup with the stock motor in mind. I havent reached the threshold power output of the 3071s yet as I havent tried turning up the boost high enough - but Im sure Im close. My guess is that turbos will be maxed out at around 1.5-1.6 bar. But I believe Id run out of fuel before reaching those boost levels since Im running the stock injectors and factory fuel system.

I have done passes before with the 20s. All my runs in this post were done using the stock 19s and tires (60-130s and 1/4 mile runs).

Old 01-22-2009, 12:30 PM
bone_doc s4 has a spectacular aura aboutbone_doc s4 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by keithta
Thanks.

The car internals havent missed a beat thus far. Todd tuned this setup with the stock motor in mind. I havent reached the threshold power output of the 3071s yet as I havent tried turning up the boost high enough - but Im sure Im close. My guess is that turbos will be maxed out at around 1.5-1.6 bar. But I believe Id run out of fuel before reaching those boost levels since Im running the stock injectors and factory fuel system.

I have done passes before with the 20s. All my runs in this post were done using the stock 19s and tires (60-130s and 1/4 mile runs).
Good to hear the engine is holding up well, amazing the stock fuel system can support those power levels. Had you considered going RWD?

Old 01-22-2009, 08:21 PM
Originally Posted by bone_doc s4
Good to hear the engine is holding up well, amazing the stock fuel system can support those power levels. Had you considered going RWD?
RWD conversions are not possible with the 997TT at this time. It causes a good number of issues when the ECU sees the wheels spinning at different speeds....amongst other problems. Im sure someone will figure it out eventually.

Nevertheless, I may want to stay with AWD since it keeps the car well planted and is safer when I want to drive more aggressiveley.

Also, I have heard that the 997TT's AWD system is a bit more sophisticated than that of the 996TT. I was told, when traction is not an issue, it loses less power than the 996TT under acceleration due to the way it shifts more power to the rear wheels.

Dont quote me on this as I have not researched this area much. This is just what I have "heard" along the way.

Anyone know anything on this subject??

Keith

Old 01-30-2009, 07:50 AM
Banned
Shotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud of
Hey Keith

Do u remember what is ur 60-130 on that ran?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xKxqevyqJE4

Old 02-01-2009, 05:11 PM
My car left Protomotive running a 6.31 at 701 awhp at 1.25 bar. During this run we didnt know that there were some boost leak issues linked to some heavily crimped boost lines. We were also running the stock air filter and air box.

As time went on, my problems worsened - melted boost hoses/holes in lines etc. I would guess that my car was pulling a 6.6 on the video you referenced above then and grew even worse around the time I raced Chris Greens car (maybe a 6.8 at that time). Shortly after that race between Chris and I (1 week later) my car hit rock bottom on the performance side. The car would barely get out of its own way. Once we fixed the boost related issues, improved the intake design, the diverter valve configuration, bumped up the boost to 1.4 bar, the car dropped into the 5s.

Last edited by keithta; 02-01-2009 at 05:14 PM.