997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

My Road to 800HP with GT3076 Turbos - Story Starts

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-04-2009, 06:21 PM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
Got the car fired up and it worked! No leaks Now we need to install the Greddy EBC and have Softronic do the tune!!!!!!

Check out the video - www.vividracing.com/catalog/download/running.mpg

Old 03-04-2009, 06:45 PM
robmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond repute
Dan
The craftmanship on this project seems spot on! I just wanted to compliment you on a very unique and intersting build. I have been watching this thread on the side.
Great Job
Robert

Old 03-04-2009, 08:24 PM
Roller is a splendid one to beholdRoller is a splendid one to beholdRoller is a splendid one to beholdRoller is a splendid one to beholdRoller is a splendid one to beholdRoller is a splendid one to beholdRoller is a splendid one to beholdRoller is a splendid one to behold
Those pipes would look better if the welds were smoothed out.

Old 03-05-2009, 09:38 AM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
Thanks Robert!

Roller - this is just all prototype. It will be finished and powdercoated.

Old 03-05-2009, 11:16 AM
Banned
Justin @ CEC is just really niceJustin @ CEC is just really niceJustin @ CEC is just really niceJustin @ CEC is just really nice
Very impressive write up. I'm all about details. Keep up the good work bro. Serious props go out to you. I can't wait to see her when she's finished. This should be called "Project Widowmaker"...

Old 03-05-2009, 11:20 AM
Former Vendor
Thanks buddy! Rep Points for you.

Old 03-05-2009, 11:58 AM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Justin @ CEC
Very impressive write up. I'm all about details. Keep up the good work bro. Serious props go out to you. I can't wait to see her when she's finished. This should be called "Project Widowmaker"...
Widowmaker should probably be reserved for the GT2s...

Dan...what about changing your plates to 'Azzkikr" (a la Con Air) ?!?

Old 03-05-2009, 12:10 PM
JZRS4 has a reputation beyond reputeJZRS4 has a reputation beyond reputeJZRS4 has a reputation beyond reputeJZRS4 has a reputation beyond reputeJZRS4 has a reputation beyond reputeJZRS4 has a reputation beyond reputeJZRS4 has a reputation beyond reputeJZRS4 has a reputation beyond reputeJZRS4 has a reputation beyond reputeJZRS4 has a reputation beyond reputeJZRS4 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by bbywu
Widowmaker should probably be reserved for the GT2s...

Dan...what about changing your plates to 'Azzkikr" (a la Con Air) ?!?
I play Killzone 2 against some one by that name LOL

Old 03-05-2009, 12:48 PM
997 GT3 RS/TT has a reputation beyond repute997 GT3 RS/TT has a reputation beyond repute997 GT3 RS/TT has a reputation beyond repute997 GT3 RS/TT has a reputation beyond repute997 GT3 RS/TT has a reputation beyond repute997 GT3 RS/TT has a reputation beyond repute997 GT3 RS/TT has a reputation beyond repute997 GT3 RS/TT has a reputation beyond repute997 GT3 RS/TT has a reputation beyond repute997 GT3 RS/TT has a reputation beyond repute997 GT3 RS/TT has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by vividracing
Here is a picture of the stock oil cans fitted to the GT3076. The flange is perfect, just need to slightly drill out the bolt holes to mount to the turbo. Also a pic of the intercoolers ready to go on.

this coolers are huge restriction, I mean out and in. The core is also not special.
This is what I done with same coolers 3 years ago.

Attached Images  
Old 03-06-2009, 08:47 AM
Former Vendor
You know what opinions are like right?

Old 03-09-2009, 11:02 PM
Former Vendor
Clutch Masters Stage 3 Full Disk Clutch is arriving tomorrow, Greddy EBC is installed and Softronic is starting the tune wed. Looks like we are going to have some competition on our hands!

Old 03-09-2009, 11:06 PM
M5_Forever is infamous around these parts
Simply amazing, thanks for sharing.

Old 03-10-2009, 08:37 AM
///M_Chap is a jewel in the rough///M_Chap is a jewel in the rough///M_Chap is a jewel in the rough///M_Chap is a jewel in the rough
I'm excited for videos of the car...great build and progress.

Old 03-16-2009, 05:14 PM
Former Vendor
Installing the clutch today. It is the Clutch Masters Stage 3 Full Disk Kit. Next up is the Softronic ECU flash that will be installed tomorrow along with the Greddy Profec B and we should be rockin and rolling

Stock Clutch on the top with 7000 miles and new clutch on bottom.

Old 03-16-2009, 08:48 PM
daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !
I was checking 6speed today for this thread and this thread only. Can't wait to see (and hear) this thing roar!

Is the clutch engagement pretty stiff on this new CM stage 3 or is it streetable?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My Road to 800HP with GT3076 Turbos - Story Starts