997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Pushing the envelope -- a mod buying frenzy geared towards safety and performance

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-22-2009, 07:18 PM
TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !
I believe the race tubi does have cats, just very small ones, no?

Old 01-22-2009, 07:30 PM
TT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant future
no cats.
Well done on raising the bar!

Old 01-22-2009, 07:34 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by TT Surgeon
I believe the race tubi does have cats, just very small ones, no?
I believe "no cats" . I'm expecting loud but with a Turbo engine the spool ought to sound real good.

Old 01-22-2009, 08:07 PM
nyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud of
can't wait to hear your impressions, please make a video too

Old 01-22-2009, 08:12 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by nyamg
can't wait to hear your impressions, please make a video too
I never did the youtube thing plus girlfriend has given up on being a nervous passenger with a camera . I drive slow with her and shes happy .

I'll figure out some way to show you my car .

Old 01-23-2009, 05:55 AM
dinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond repute
Great stuff, your car is turning out to be quite the MONSTER

Old 01-23-2009, 06:59 AM
hugo is infamous around these partshugo is infamous around these parts
way to go,cool mods,btw try the gt3/cgt seats i like them a lot

Old 01-23-2009, 09:46 AM
Banned
Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !
Great acquisitions.

Old 01-23-2009, 09:53 AM
More to come when its finished . Thanks for the sinncere wishes . This car has been a very special thing to me and I'm glad to share it with you guys .

Old 01-23-2009, 09:59 AM
atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !
Can you share details on the GT2 engagement kit? I'm curious about that now. What's the benefit of installing this?

You will LOVE the new coilovers!

Old 01-23-2009, 10:17 AM
Originally Posted by atomic80
Can you share details on the GT2 engagement kit? I'm curious about that now. What's the benefit of installing this?

You will LOVE the new coilovers!

The technical aspects would reveal my ignorance but as a driver my complaint even with the stock clutch was the engagement point was awful . Finding the sweet spot to engage on apower assisted clutch takes some guesswork . One of the things I missed aboit my 997S when I bought the car was the ability to enage the clutch without the assist feature.

From what I understand this adjustment delivers a more natural feel to finding the spot . With a stage 3 clutch it is a must have option I feel .

Maybe one of the tuner's who have experience can give you better insight on how this is accomplished .

Old 01-23-2009, 10:24 AM
atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !
Interesting. Thanks Larry for doing your part in trying to explain things. I haven't had a problem with finding the engagement point in my Turbo. In fact, I find it easier to find the engagement point in a Turbo than a 997S not to mention the fact that I like having to use less effort especially during spirited ventures.

Old 01-23-2009, 02:22 PM
Originally Posted by atomic80
Interesting. Thanks Larry for doing your part in trying to explain things. I haven't had a problem with finding the engagement point in my Turbo. In fact, I find it easier to find the engagement point in a Turbo than a 997S not to mention the fact that I like having to use less effort especially during spirited ventures.
A stage three clutch reveals the increased level of difficulty . Even stock the grab point is somwhere way above the floor but with stage three since the grab of engagement is so immediate the car can lunge or chatter . In other words it's like an olympic diver having to enter the water just right not to cause splash . Even the slightest deviation is noticed. The clutch grab has to be this firm to accomodate 700 Hp because Jason compared to stock mashing the pedal gives a brief moment where it's like a tidal wave building up and then it feels like being shot out of a sling shot pulling harder all the way up in this linear acceleration climb.

It is so worth it that one can even forget about the clutch altogether once engaged. --because it's off to the races. . Plus second gear on up is no issue . It's from standstill to first that a hard launch can be very tricky or even stop and go traffic finding the engagement repeatedly.

Now that an adjustment is available for the clutch it may be a bit stiffer to press but I don't mind one bit. Drive one of these cars and you will see what i mean . In fact I have a feeling that after you drive one , you will do the upgrade . It's that good . I am that convinced .

Old 01-24-2009, 11:04 AM
N2it Is a GOD !N2it Is a GOD !N2it Is a GOD !N2it Is a GOD !N2it Is a GOD !N2it Is a GOD !N2it Is a GOD !N2it Is a GOD !N2it Is a GOD !N2it Is a GOD !N2it Is a GOD !
You are keeping folks employed! I think you will like the Tubi Race! The stage III clutch can be a challenge no doubt so I look forward to your engagement kit thoughts.

Old 01-24-2009, 02:34 PM
Ray
Former Vendor
Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !
keep us post, sounds like a dream additions for your beast!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Pushing the envelope -- a mod buying frenzy geared towards safety and performance