997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Need help...please read...hit a raccoon last night and damaged car.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-23-2009, 11:09 PM
pgunz is infamous around these parts
Need help...please read...hit a raccoon last night and damaged car.

Hello Members,

Last night i hit a raccoon (passenger side) going about 55mph. I got home to check out the damages and the right side foglight housing is damaged (bulb cracked and housing out of socket). ALso the bumper and lower valence broke off and is hanging loosely from the car. My car has the clear shield so no damage to paint and no dings. Just the plastic flanges are damaged/ripped off. Is there any way I can get to the foglight housing I am attempting to take apart my right side fender to get to it. I have no idea if this is going to get me there. Also, I would like to know if there is a way to fix the plastic flanges that ripped off. Can it be crazy glued or is there a shop out there that can melt these pieces back together? Need some help. THank you.

Peter

Attached Images    
Old 01-24-2009, 02:46 AM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by pgunz
Hello Members,

Last night i hit a raccoon (passenger side) going about 55mph. I got home to check out the damages and the right side foglight housing is damaged (bulb cracked and housing out of socket). ALso the bumper and lower valence broke off and is hanging loosely from the car. My car has the clear shield so no damage to paint and no dings. Just the plastic flanges are damaged/ripped off. Is there any way I can get to the foglight housing I am attempting to take apart my right side fender to get to it. I have no idea if this is going to get me there. Also, I would like to know if there is a way to fix the plastic flanges that ripped off. Can it be crazy glued or is there a shop out there that can melt these pieces back together? Need some help. THank you.

Peter
Hi Peter...

Ouch...very sorry to hear what happened. Damn coons. Out here in Wisconsin, we have the deer...and man, can they trash a car.

Anyways...do a search for "remove bumper." You may get a better idea of what's broken if you remove the front bumper. It only takes about 15 minutes...

Old 01-24-2009, 09:14 AM
GEE-BEE is a glorious beacon of lightGEE-BEE is a glorious beacon of lightGEE-BEE is a glorious beacon of lightGEE-BEE is a glorious beacon of lightGEE-BEE is a glorious beacon of lightGEE-BEE is a glorious beacon of light
Wink ?

Glue no !

Try using a few large flange pop rivets 1/8 x 1/2 grip
Ace hardware and a pop rivet gun

If not a new bumper is your only way out

you are covered by your insurance , it's not your fault

I hit a dog, new bumper and lip two months ago !

Gee-Bee

Old 01-24-2009, 09:21 AM
sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !
Sorry to see your misfortune. Luckily the damage appears fairly minimal. You can pretty easily replace most of those items yourself. The front lip is fairly inexpensive. The fender liner and fog light housing are both replaceable but I do not know the cost. Steve or Ric @ Suncoast (board sponsor) can get you all of the parts. If you don't want to hassle with it, a body shop will do everything for you.