997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Click Sound from Clutch Pedal ??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-26-2009, 05:11 PM
Qs997Turbo is infamous around these parts
Click Sound from Clutch Pedal ??

I noticed awhile back a clicking sound generated from when I let off the clutch pedal, usually in the last 50% where the point of engagement is. Aside from the noise, what was even more noticeable was the slight pop I felt on the ball of my foot from the clutch pedal.

Long story short, I took it into the dealership 6 months ago and they identified it comming from the clutch assembly, but visually did not see any damage. They ultimately decided to replace the pressure plate and the throw out bearing which in the end solved the problem.

Just yesterday the noise and pop came back again This time, however, it does not does not pop or make the audible sound all the time. Just more so when I shift from 3rd to 4th and when I am letting of the clutch fast.

Has anyone experienced this issue with their car? I am going to bring it in again next week. Is this normal? I tend to be overly paranoid as well! Aside from that the car drives perfect.

Old 01-26-2009, 05:20 PM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Qs997Turbo
I noticed awhile back a clicking sound generated from when I let off the clutch pedal, usually in the last 50% where the point of engagement is. Aside from the noise, what was even more noticeable was the slight pop I felt on the ball of my foot from the clutch pedal.

Long story short, I took it into the dealership 6 months ago and they identified it comming from the clutch assembly, but visually did not see any damage. They ultimately decided to replace the pressure plate and the throw out bearing which in the end solved the problem.

Just yesterday the noise and pop came back again This time, however, it does not does not pop or make the audible sound all the time. Just more so when I shift from 3rd to 4th and when I am letting of the clutch fast.

Has anyone experienced this issue with their car? I am going to bring it in again next week. Is this normal? I tend to be overly paranoid as well! Aside from that the car drives perfect.
Click from within the cabin? Can you hear it with the engine on? Does it happen when you depress the pedal with the engine off?

I have a slight click at 75% depressed position...but it is so subtle that you don't notice if it the engine or stereo is on...and the sound comes from within the cabin...not under the car.

I noticed it on day one...2 years later, no problems.

Old 01-26-2009, 06:30 PM
gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !
mine will pop on occasion, sounds like plastic popping from the clutch pedal. Im quite **** about noises but this one is not bothering me so much...I think its just the plastic parts making a bit of noise, nothing serious.

Clutch grabs fine, is relatively consistent in engagement etc.

Old 01-26-2009, 09:12 PM
nyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud of
I also hear a click/pop, but haven't had any issues, I thought it was normal.

Old 01-27-2009, 05:42 AM
ALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to behold
It is normal from what I was told. It is the hydraulic assist when it is engaging/disengaging. I brought it to their attention early on and that is what I was told. They could be wrong. It hasn't caused any problems for me.

Old 01-28-2009, 08:01 AM
smooth_operator is infamous around these parts
Sounds like a valve in the hydralic assist snapping. Heard it before.

Old 01-28-2009, 01:26 PM
Qs997Turbo is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by smooth_operator
Sounds like a valve in the hydralic assist snapping. Heard it before.
I think you nailed it. It is at the shop now. They hooked up this device with a headset to pinpoint where the sound was comming from and they beleive it is the hydralic assist. Luckily the had the part in stock and are replacing it as we speak! I hope this resolves the issue and it isn't anything else!

They replaced my pressure plate at another dealership about 6 months ago and it resolved the problem, but the noise just started up again last week. Do you know why this might have just solved the problem temporarily?

Thanks!

Old 04-06-2009, 08:50 AM
dgtlbullet is infamous around these parts
I am having a similar problem and have taken it to the dealer 3x now. They told me they took it apart and lubed the hell out of it. Still have the problem and its pissing me off. Anyone have a fix???

Old 04-06-2009, 09:04 AM
gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !
The clutch is not going to be silent, in reference to the actual pedal and assembly. Now if you feeling a popping well that sounds like a dealer visit, but noise is going to occur.

I had the brake pedal make a clicking noise, ended up it required some lubricant now all is good.