997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Cool Project of the Week: White 997 GT2

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-31-2009, 11:37 AM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by N2it
This car is outstanding and James's fab work is amazing! Alex, can you clone James? I need someone with his attention to deatail.
Thanks N2it... James can't be cloned. We've tried believe me I think they don't make them like that anymore. Maybe in Canada?
Originally Posted by Neeeenja
thats some nutty customization..love it!
Reminds me of the good 'ol days!
Originally Posted by Ray
Great job Alex!
Thanks Ray!
Originally Posted by Speedshaq
Love it!
Cheers!
Originally Posted by sparkhill
I remember when you said that the GT2 was the one car perfect from the factory and you wouldn't touch one with mods. That was about three months ago. I just knew you would not be able to resist making one better.

As always, great work! Let's trade jobs for a couple of months.
Hehe I did say that.... If we trade jobs I get the Cayenne TT, right?

Originally Posted by Orlando323
Great job always impressive!
Thanks Orlando!

Originally Posted by nyamg
nice work, as always...that GT2 looks amazing, love the rims, are those champions?
Champions indeed- good eye

Originally Posted by elow
Great work as usual!! Very nice!!
Thanks elow- we're not done with you yet!

Originally Posted by raiyu
*yipes drool off keyboard*

Hehe!

Originally Posted by salihbjk
looks good. Are you selling this particular extinguisher set? I'm thinking to buy one for my gt2 seats but I do not want to deal with any customization.
If there's enough demand for it we'll certainly make some kits like we did for the 996GT3 seats. There won't be any customization if we do. It just goes right in....

Originally Posted by PHIL2
Nice work!
Danke!

Originally Posted by TunaRollZ
damnn! great work guys!!
Cheers mate!

Originally Posted by RSSmike
Best seat design in years!
You bet... I dig them!

Old 01-31-2009, 12:07 PM
khaosai is infamous around these parts
Hi,

fantastic job, congratulations.

Those wheels in one particular picture really seem to fill out on the arches. Are they the same size of rims as the standard car. It also seems to sit pretty low, have you done any extra work there ?.

I also really like the idea of the wire to prevent any potential damage to the radiators.

Rgds.

Old 01-31-2009, 12:27 PM
Gungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant future
That is a really beautiful job with the mods, but I have definitely learned to expect nothing less when i see your handle is the thread starter.

Old 01-31-2009, 12:55 PM
GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !
Great job. That looks awesome.

Old 01-31-2009, 04:22 PM
wirelessdude04 is infamous around these parts
very sexy'

Old 02-01-2009, 01:21 AM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by khaosai
Hi,

fantastic job, congratulations.

Those wheels in one particular picture really seem to fill out on the arches. Are they the same size of rims as the standard car. It also seems to sit pretty low, have you done any extra work there ?.

I also really like the idea of the wire to prevent any potential damage to the radiators.

Rgds.
Cheers very much and the wheels are same size with very minimal differences in offset (talking 3mm). The car was delivered like that and no alignment changes were made....

The condensers on the side aren't all that vulnerable but it was the center radiator that was of most concern so hopefully they're protected now:P

Originally Posted by Gungriffin
That is a really beautiful job with the mods, but I have definitely learned to expect nothing less when i see your handle is the thread starter.
danke!

Originally Posted by GotBoost?
Great job. That looks awesome.
Cheers GootBoost. GT2 certainly has an aura!

Originally Posted by wirelessdude04
very sexy'
Being married to an RS I can still look can't I?

Old 02-01-2009, 04:04 AM
cc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud of
I WANT those screens in black and that fire ext in speed yellow. Looks good.

Old 02-01-2009, 06:39 AM
Kafka997 has a reputation beyond reputeKafka997 has a reputation beyond reputeKafka997 has a reputation beyond reputeKafka997 has a reputation beyond reputeKafka997 has a reputation beyond reputeKafka997 has a reputation beyond reputeKafka997 has a reputation beyond reputeKafka997 has a reputation beyond reputeKafka997 has a reputation beyond reputeKafka997 has a reputation beyond reputeKafka997 has a reputation beyond repute
Customer service

It's impressive just how far you guys will go to pay attention to all the details for each customer keeping in mind the driver's car and driving styles. Fantastic - wish there were photos of the customer's grin when he/she picks it up and drives it away.
K.

Old 02-01-2009, 07:33 AM
RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !
Very nice!

Old 02-01-2009, 12:31 PM
Originally Posted by cc08gt2
I WANT those screens in black and that fire ext in speed yellow. Looks good.
Hehe... the first I think Cargraphic makes, the second we already have (although you need either 997 Sport/GT2 seats or 996GT3 seats to make it work).

Originally Posted by Kafka997
It's impressive just how far you guys will go to pay attention to all the details for each customer keeping in mind the driver's car and driving styles. Fantastic - wish there were photos of the customer's grin when he/she picks it up and drives it away.
K.
Thank you ever so much and he was just in a hurry to get to the track:P!

Originally Posted by RFFG
Very nice!
Cheers!

Old 02-01-2009, 02:31 PM
cc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud of
[quote=sharkster;2241216]Hehe... the first I think Cargraphic makes, the second we already have (although you need either 997 Sport/GT2 seats or 996GT3 seats to make it work).

I have a speed yellow GT2 so I'm guessing I have the seats. I can buy the screens at Cargraphic? I get tired of junk in there, etc.

Old 02-01-2009, 07:37 PM
[QUOTE=cc08gt2;2241358]
Originally Posted by sharkster
Hehe... the first I think Cargraphic makes, the second we already have (although you need either 997 Sport/GT2 seats or 996GT3 seats to make it work).

I have a speed yellow GT2 so I'm guessing I have the seats. I can buy the screens at Cargraphic? I get tired of junk in there, etc.
Oh sorry I didn't realize you had an 08 GT2... We made this kit first and as far as making a run of them drop an Email to us and I'll add you to the list.

The screens were a one off though as we'd need the car?

Old 02-02-2009, 03:40 PM
AWD
AWD has much to be proud ofAWD has much to be proud ofAWD has much to be proud ofAWD has much to be proud ofAWD has much to be proud ofAWD has much to be proud ofAWD has much to be proud ofAWD has much to be proud ofAWD has much to be proud ofAWD has much to be proud of
Thumbs up

Car looks great!

Nice subtle mods, gets the job done!
Well done Alex.

Old 02-02-2009, 05:12 PM
JG 997 is infamous around these parts
looks very neat congratulations loves those yellow seat belts

Old 02-02-2009, 07:36 PM
pgunz is infamous around these parts
nice work...

just wondering how you secured the mesh grill to the bumper (glue, screws, straps)? I am thinking of doing this project for my 997 turbo. Thanks

Peter

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Cool Project of the Week: White 997 GT2